Camera Pet Hates?

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Mine is definitely those stupid neck straps they insist on bunging us these days. Does it really need to be a major undertaking requiring fingers like a piccolo player to fit or remove the damned things? Why can't we just have a nice simple clip on and off arrangement? :bang:

Just buy a Talk Photography custom neck strap Cedric ... :cautious: ... very easy to fit and extremey comfortable in the wearing ... :shrug: ... they come highly recommended too ... :naughty: ... and in various lovely colours ... :D ... and they have a great name tag printed on ... :cautious:

LINKY ... :D

Go on ... :thinking: ... take the weight off ... ;) ... you know you want to ... :D

:p

Stupid little screw-in covers for the Flash Synch Cord ... :annoyed: ... :annoyed: ... :annoyed: ...

Far too small and fiddly for fat fingers like mine ... :cautious: ... and they are forever getting lost/mislaid ... :shrug:

I already have a couple of TPF neck straps Rog, But sometimes it would be nice to just clip the things off altogether.

Good call on those stupid little Nikon plugs which you're almost guaranteed to lose... used to really annoy me that!

I'd rather have proper covers on the ports than the silly press fit rubber covers they seem to use now.

They never seem to go back on correctly :(

I already have a couple of TPF neck straps Rog, But sometimes it would be nice to just clip the things off altogether.

I did sorta know you would have at least one Cedric ... :D ... would be rude for staff not to have ... :naughty:

But they are very quick and easy to put on and take off ... :shrug:

I'd rather have proper covers on the ports than the silly press fit rubber covers they seem to use now.

I do know what you mean DF but the screw covers they use are just so impractical ... IF you can get it off ... :cautious: ... and IF you can line it up and screw it back in ... :shrug: ... really, really badly designed imhgo ... :thinking: ... maybe its just me ... :D

I do know what you mean DF but the screw covers they use are just so impractical ... IF you can get it off ... :cautious: ... and IF you can line it up and screw it back in ... :shrug: ... really, really badly designed imhgo ... :thinking: ... maybe its just me ... :D

Yep - hate mine on the D2Xs - the other covers are excellent, hard, rubberised, weather resistant and attached = brill. But those bloody little socket covers are a pain in t'ass and yep - lost em both

My other pet hate... anything with these letters on (you'll have to be clever to rearrange them into the correct order)

NONAC

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Agreed!

I was soo disappointed when I upgraded from my lowly G5 to the 5D & discovered Id lost my perfect solid little hard one to a silly, flimsy, floppy one .... shut it DF! ;)

But seriously, I find it so cheap!

The way the pictures never come out properly I pays all that money and the results are crap whats that all about ? :shrug:

My other pet hate... anything with these letters on (you'll have to be clever to rearrange them into the correct order)

NONAC

O goody another oppotunity for a
NO'KIN ( good) :LOL: v Canon war (y) let the good times roll :D

Agreed!

I was soo disappointed when I upgraded from my lowly G5 to the 5D & discovered Id lost my perfect solid little hard one to a silly, flimsy, floppy one .... shut it DF! ;)

But seriously, I find it so cheap!

My mind was in overdrive for a minute there. Till I realised I was mis understanding.:bonk:

You think only DF thinks of comments to "flimsy, floppy" things when you prefer "solid little hard" ones ???

:D

DD

Not at all DD but he's usually the first to come back with a smutty reply! ;)

Oh! & while I have my whingeing head on, Im not terribly keen on the 'velveteen' finish on the inside of the lens hoods.
I pressume its there to prevent glare but it really attracts fibres & doesnt take very long at all to start looking a bit grubby.

Can I just apologise for Inaglo - she's a Wednesbury girl from way back. She's moved on a bit now - tattoos spelled right and everything, but she forgets now and again. :LOL:

See - all these gripes coming out - why do we put up with 'em? :shrug:

NONAC

Thats me safe then :D :cautious:

Tripod collars that wil not come off, unless you take the lens off. My 50-200 is like that :bang::bang: , but the Sigma 150 Macro can be left on camera while its removed. (y)

Have to say I am enjoying the D300 but the supplied strap is a right pain when I want to just use the camera on a tripod.

LOL. You know I got no gripes with you Glo! ;)

The velvet lining on the hoods is a good gripe actually but a damp sponge usually removes the crap, and the velvet is good protection from flare.

Pet hate No2

What's with that stupid separate rubber eyepiece cover threaded onto the neckstrap?? Cheapest nastiest bit of tat imaginable. What would it cost to have a proper fitted eyepiece blind? :puke:

Or how about tripod quick release mounts that need a big (2p) coin to fasten/unfasten - I pack my bags with lots of things, but a 2p coin isn't usually one of them

Bought a new Manfrotto recently and it has a lug to tighten/unfasten - yay !!!!!

2ps can now go in the 'Wishing Well'

First wish... burn Canon factory to the ground - :LOL:

The depth of field preview button - what a waste of time that it :thinking:

Pet hate No2

What's with that stupid separate rubber eyepiece cover threaded onto the neckstrap?? Cheapest nastiest bit of tat imaginable. What would it cost to have a proper fitted eyepiece blind? :puke:

Does anybody actually use them?

Back to the TPF neckstrap, are they any longer than the one Canon supplies?

The depth of field preview button - what a waste of time that it :thinking:

How come good sir? I probably use it more than I use the meter.

i can't believe no one has mentioned the direct print button on canon slrs

How come good sir? I probably use it more than I use the meter.

The only time I find it could be useful the view finder is so dark you can't see anything anyway :shrug:

The only time I find it could be useful the view finder is so dark you can't see anything anyway :shrug:

You don't just look through it, you have to use the force. ;)

You don't just look through it, you have to use the force. ;)

Bugger, well they don't mention that in the manual do they? :LOL:

May the force be with you :woot:

How about " Designed for Digital" on everything, Camera bags, flash leads, coffee cups. Ok maybe not coffee cups, but the way D4D seems to be embalzzened on everything nowadays, even when the digital aspect has absolutely nothing to do with the product.

Am I getting to be a grumpy old man???

Back to the TPF neckstrap, are they any longer than the one Canon supplies?

Don't know if they are longer, but they are worth their weight in gold, they are the most comfortable strap I've ever used, and at the price they are selling for-an absolute steal.

My pet hate-mirror lock-up function hidden behind a scillion menu items.

The 2p in the slot on tripod plates etc. is a good one - infuriating!

Does anyone else have a serial number label near the tripod attachment that's been macerated by attaching/removing a tripod? Or is that just me?

Pet hate No2

Built into the eyepiece on the Oly E-3 and you just flick a switch and its on :clap:

Built in on 1 Series Canons too, but we get that rubber doodad with lesser models. :cautious:

Does it really need to be a major undertaking requiring fingers like a piccolo player to fit or remove the damned things?

Ha ha! Oh my, the piccolo player line really got me, My cuppa is all up the screen and wall! :LOL::LOL:
CT, you've really cheered me up there mate.
Many thanks!

Back