Camera Straps?

My Moneymaker took 7 weeks to arrive, after it apparently got lost - whether that's true or not I'm not quite sure. The CS is poor from Holdfast but Matthew and his wife are the only employees and it's a startup, so I cut a bit of slack. But interesting to see other people having problems.

To be honest I've found their CS fine. It's the USPS who are slow coupled with our own UK clearance hub at Coventry. That's why I mailed Matthew asking if he'd consider offering UPS as a delivery option. Whilst I appreciate UPS costs more, not just the postage itself but handling fees etc you do get a good service from them. I use them a lot to the extent I'm now on first name terms with the delivery driver. That's sad isn't it:(

Ps. Your MM in your avatar looks neat.

Last edited:
To be honest I've found their CS fine. It's the USPS who are slow coupled with our own UK clearance hub at Coventry. That's why I mailed Matthew asking if he'd consider offering UPS as a delivery option. Whilst I appreciate UPS costs more, not just the postage itself but handling fees etc you do get a good service from them. I use them a lot to the extent I'm now on first name terms with the delivery driver. That's sad isn't it:(

Ps. Your MM in your avatar looks neat.

Mine apparently went missing so had to be re-ordered. No apology, and had to keep chasing for updates. If I'm honest I don't think the original was ever sent! The product is excellent though.

That is sad :) And thanks - guests at wedding absolutely love them.

Just some cloth ones and leather ones, been using it the past 5 years and it's great.

It takes up no room in the case.
It's soft.
It's discrete, especially when travelling, it does not scream "i have something expensive over my shoulder"

You may argue they don't give you as much support but i shoot with 2 x 5D3 with a bag full of L primes and L zooms and been through many weddings no problem.

qF60RZP.png

Hey @Raymond Lin - where did you get the cloth ones? They look a lot like my beloved A&A one. I'd love some more but can't justify their price ATM.

This is the latest on mine:

DateTimeLocationTracking Event
14-05-201411:55National HubReceived and processed
14-05-201404:53International HubForwarded for UK processing
14-05-201402:03International HubRevised charges to be paid
13-05-201423:46International HubAwaiting Customs Charging
12-05-201415:19International HubAwaiting Customs clearance
12-05-201415:18International HubAwaiting Customs clearance
12-05-201415:09International HubReceived in destination country
06-05-201417:29Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICACollected from customer

'Revised charges to be paid' looks interesting. Revised up or down? I bet I can guess on that one!

Latest on mine is it's at the depot and notification as to charges is being sent to me.

That would mean sometime next week before delivery so I've rung them and paid the charges and it's now due to be delivered tomorrow Friday 16th.

Yeah, I'd be really interested to find out what the *real* cost of ordering a MM could be once you've been hit with the UK import/customs/duty charges. It's always a bit of a gamble when you order stuff from the US. If any of you trailblazers could share a breakdown of what you paid and what you got stung for, I'd be hugely grateful.

Don't suppose you'd be be able to share how much the charges were? Mine still isn't in country apparently...
Yeah, I'd be really interested to find out what the *real* cost of ordering a MM could be once you've been hit with the UK import/customs/duty charges. It's always a bit of a gamble when you order stuff from the US. If any of you trailblazers could share a breakdown of what you paid and what you got stung for, I'd be hugely grateful.

No problem. I'm not proud:)

MM - $200
2x Portrait Sliders - $23.95 each
Postage - $50

Total - $297-90

Depending on the exchange rate when you buy obviously depends on what it will cost in GBP. For me it = £181-44. The exchange rate was $1.641 to the £.

Yesterday it was $1.633.

Customs charges here were £20-39.

Expensive! Yes. Worth it? It's all subjective. For me yes. It's only money after all. You can't take it with you (or so I'm led to believe) :)

Last edited:

The MM
Postage
Nothing else

No problem. I'm not proud:)

MM - $200
2x Portrait Sliders - $23.95 each
Postage - $50

Total - $297-90

Depending on the exchange rate when you buy obviously depends on what it will cost in GBP. For me it = £181-44. The exchange rate was $1.641 to the £.

Yesterday it was $1.633.

Customs charges here were £20-39.

Expensive! Yes. Worth it? It's all subjective. For me yes. It's only money after all. You can't take it with you (or so I'm led to believe) :)

You should only need one portrait slider for the LHS, the RHS one works fine. If you do find this, let me know and I will purchase one of the sliders off of you :)

Thanks.

I think I was £197.xx all in by the time it was posted (slightly pricier leather) so 20 Quid isnt all that bad. I'm slightly more worried by the Sigma 35mm that I've order off ebay - I really hope that dukes customs!!

You should only need one portrait slider for the LHS, the RHS one works fine. If you do find this, let me know and I will purchase one of the sliders off of you :)

Matthew didn't tell me that! Hey ho. I'll let you know. It's Tan leather btw

Thanks.

I think I was £197.xx all in by the time it was posted (slightly pricier leather) so 20 Quid isnt all that bad. I'm slightly more worried by the Sigma 35mm that I've order off ebay - I really hope that dukes customs!!

I doubt it. If it's coming from the US there is a legal obligation now to declare the true value of goods being shipped. Heavy fines out there for the seller if caught.

Okay so now its says

"Your item has cleared Customs in UNITED KINGDOM at 1-36 am on May 15,2014"

No mention of fees yet....
Seems to have jumped 3 steps listed in your break down Bruce.

Last edited:
Okay so now its says

"Your item has cleared Customs in UNITED KINGDOM at 1-36 am on May 15,2014"

No mention of fees yet....
Seems to have jumped 3 steps listed in your break down Bruce.

This is what you'll probably get next:

Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notifiedUNITED KINGDOMMay 15, 2014 3:30 am
Arrival at Post OfficeUNITED KINGDOMMay 15, 2014 12:18 am
Customs clearance processing completeUNITED KINGDOMMay 14, 2014

When I saw the payment bit that's when I rang Parcelforce. Saved a few days doing that. What's the S.Korea bit?

This is what you'll probably get next:

Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notifiedUNITED KINGDOMMay 15, 2014 3:30 am
Arrival at Post OfficeUNITED KINGDOMMay 15, 2014 12:18 am
Customs clearance processing completeUNITED KINGDOMMay 14, 2014

When I saw the payment bit that's when I rang Parcelforce. Saved a few days doing that. What's the S.Korea bit?

The lens ordered is coming from S.K. and will most likely be 'mis declared' so might/might not avoid customs.

Aha got you. Thought you were referring to the MM in which case I'd have been somewhat peeved, surprised and disappointed. Good luck with that.

I just rang them and they said there are charges and it should be at my local depot tomorrow. If I pay the charges I can go and collect it. I have done thins once before when Danbo arrived from Japan so fingers crossed it gets there tomorrow. As Bruce said, I will save a few days by ringing myself and not waiting for the letter.

Parcelforce. The number is on their site but if you want to avoid the 0844, call 020 1134 0200. :)

I just rang them and they said there are charges and it should be at my local depot tomorrow. If I pay the charges I can go and collect it. I have done thins once before when Danbo arrived from Japan so fingers crossed it gets there tomorrow. As Bruce said, I will save a few days by ringing myself and not waiting for the letter.

Be interesting to see op if the charges are similar. I assume it's down to value as weight shouldn't come into it bearing in mind shipping is already paid.

Ah! We've all got a cross to bear. ;) (No pun intended)

Ach aye! What can you do?

Eventually got through to a person (well a Geordie - we practically speak the same language anyway)

Will be overnighted up to Edinburgh and out for delivery tomorrow. No customs/import charges.

Ach aye! What can you do?

Eventually got through to a person (well a Geordie - we practically speak the same language anyway)

Will be overnighted up to Edinburgh and out for delivery tomorrow. No customs/import charges.

That's a result! How did you manage that?, or is that your lens?

Mine should be at my local depot tomorrow (Liverpool) and she said has some charges. If I ring tomorrow and it has arrived I can head over and collect which isn't far from my work anyway. If I let them deliver it will be Monday.

I have no idea. I'll be interested to see how it has been labeled. I certainly never implied or requested mislabeling when I spoke to Matt (who also told me about only needing one portrait slider but only after I asked about it) as I hear the septic tanks take a dim view of that and was prepared to take the hit for importing it. In the studio all day tomorrow so unless it's left in the storm doors I'll need to wait till I can collect it.

Gives me a little hope that my Panamoz order and the lens from Korea might just make it through as well.

I have no idea. I'll be interested to see how it has been labeled. I certainly never implied or requested mislabeling when I spoke to Matt (who also told me about only needing one portrait slider but only after I asked about it) as I hear the septic tanks take a dim view of that and was prepared to take the hit for importing it. In the studio all day tomorrow so unless it's left in the storm doors I'll need to wait till I can collect it.

Gives me a little hope that my Panamoz order and the lens from Korea might just make it through as well.

What's $23-95 between friends? Looks like I won't have any trouble off loading the PS if I don't need it :)

I'll be glad when it arrives though and this b...y thread can be closed!!!!!:naughty:

What's $23-95 between friends? Looks like I won't have any trouble off loading the PS if I don't need it :)

I'll be glad when it arrives though and this b...y thread can be closed!!!!!:naughty:

It's been quite therapeutic for me to be honest. It's hard to explain to the other half why your excited/frustrated about receiving your (expensive) camera strap! Nice to talk with like minds! ;)

It's been quite therapeutic for me to be honest. It's hard to explain to the other half why your excited/frustrated about receiving your (expensive) camera strap! Nice to talk with like minds! ;)

Mine doesn't know but then that's not unusual. I pay for my hobbies and she pays for my hobbies

Mine won't be in the local depot until tomorrow. I need to be at the brides house for makeup etc at 10:00. There's very little chance I can nip over to Liverpool before then. Will be far too stressful! Gutted.

Mine won't be in the local depot until tomorrow. I need to be at the brides house for makeup etc at 10:00. There's very little chance I can nip over to Liverpool before then. Will be far too stressful! Gutted.

So close! Shame mate. Mines has been loaded into the van but if it's any consolation I would imagine it'll be taken to the local depot as they never leave parcels or give them to neighbours.

Plan C. My dad who lives round the corner from me will be at the depot for 8am. I'll ring and pay and hopefully should have it by 9am. Leave home at 09:30 hours. Will be close.

Back