Camera Straps?

Plan C. My dad who lives round the corner from me will be at the depot for 8am. I'll ring and pay and hopefully should have it by 9am. Leave home at 09:30 hours. Will be close.

Good luck with that. Mine was at my local depot in the early hours and is shown as on van out for delivery. Having used UPS several times, Dave the driver (that's how often!), will be here around 4-45pm this afternoon. Just paid them the handling/VAT/import duty which came to £33-60. Saves time with the driver as they can only take cash or cheque. The UPS number for this is: 08451-610016. You get options. Take option 1 and when you get through they'll take you through it. You'll need card and tracking number.:)

Couldn't wait - went home at lunch time (now not going back in to the studio as clutch has picked up a fault, oh well!)

This really is an awesome product. Looks like quality, feels weighty and durable. Haven't hooked the cameras up as they are in the studio but just wearing it it sits really well on the shoulders.

Couldn't wait - went home at lunch time (now not going back in to the studio as clutch has picked up a fault, oh well!)

This really is an awesome product. Looks like quality, feels weighty and durable. Haven't hooked the cameras up as they are in the studio but just wearing it it sits really well on the shoulders.

Good to hear. I really hope I manage to get mine right before the wedding tomorrow. I have a pair of Black Rapid if I don't but I would prefer to use it.

Good oh. Glad it's arrived. Btw disregard my earlier thread re UPS. That doesn't relate to the MM but LensCoat stuff coming by UPS.

Good oh. Glad it's arrived. Btw disregard my earlier thread re UPS. That doesn't relate to the MM but LensCoat stuff coming by UPS.

Well it is en route to the local depot (Liverpool) for tonight. If I let them ship, it would be Monday they say so I am hoping I can ring and pay/collect in the morning before the wedding. It will be tight though!!

Well it is en route to the local depot (Liverpool) for tonight. If I let them ship, it would be Monday they say so I am hoping I can ring and pay/collect in the morning before the wedding. It will be tight though!!

Good luck with that. Hope it arrives. Mines on a van but no eta.

How surprised (and not at all smug) that the one bound for Scotland got here first after being shipped last! That must be the first time that's happened! Lucked out at customs.

How surprised (and not at all smug) that the one bound for Scotland got here first after being shipped last! That must be the first time that's happened! Lucked out at customs.

Gloating is not permitted. :mad:

It's here!!!!!!

What a work of art. Really good quality and fits like a dream. Leather really nice. Likewise haven't hooked the cameras up yet but the camera screws fit my RRS plates perfectly. Portrait sliders look like they be unnecessary BUT I'm going to think about that first.

One happy bunny. :):):)

It's here!!!!!!

What a work of art. Really good quality and fits like a dream. Leather really nice. Likewise haven't hooked the cameras up yet but the camera screws fit my RRS plates perfectly. Portrait sliders look like they be unnecessary BUT I'm going to think about that first.

One happy bunny. :):):)

Nice! Packaging is great too, isn't it?

Just you wait. You'll definitely need a slider for the LHS.

The only things I'd say about it are - my portrait slider is a different shade but that'll be two different hides and I don't really like the wee security straps and the pull tab for the clip - wouldn't have been too hard to make them leather. They seem like an add on and a concession. Wish I'd bought a leash strap too for the studio as I'll never have a neck strap on the cameras again!

Just nit picky really though! I attached the bodies to it and swung them around a little. Why do these not come as standard with all cameras!?

Nice! Packaging is great too, isn't it?

Just you wait. You'll definitely need a slider for the LHS.

Very nice with it all wrapped up in cotton bags.

Excuse my ignorance but apart from the sliders being longer, what is the difference between them and the slides it came with and why would I need the left one?

The only things I'd say about it are - my portrait slider is a different shade but that'll be two different hides and I don't really like the wee security straps and the pull tab for the clip - wouldn't have been too hard to make them leather. They seem like an add on and a concession. Wish I'd bought a leash strap too for the studio as I'll never have a neck strap on the cameras again!

Just nit picky really though! I attached the bodies to it and swung them around a little. Why do these not come as standard with all cameras!?

Did you order different shades? Mine are fine. And yes you are being nick picket ;) but I'd expect that from a Scot who got his first :)

Last edited:
Well I've been reading online and apparently parcel force won't give my parcel to anyone else. I won't have time to go myself in the morning I don't think.

To bring the left hand camera up to your right eye (presuming you are right eye dominant) more comfortably, even more so if you frequently use the camera in a portrait format.

I think I would have benefitted from one both left and right.

To bring the left hand camera up to your right eye (presuming you are right eye dominant) more comfortably, even more so if you frequently use the camera in a portrait format.

I think I would have benefitted from one both left and right.

Won't the slides it came with do that or do the PS's just make it easier/more comfortable. I've not tried it yet and out tonight.

Won't the slides it came with do that or do the PS's just make it easier/more comfortable. I've not tried it yet and out tonight.
I would imagine you be able to reach but the sliders make it more comfortable.

If you wear it right sinched up tight the longer sliders would be a must. See how it goes with the weight of the cameras.

Also if you decide to keep neither slider (although I guess you will) I'd be happy to assist you with the other! I think I could do with 2.

I'll keep you posted as to how i get on. Full of beer and curry right now + drambuie so will update over the w/e

Wedding day and I'm at the Liverpool depot collecting it myself. Just waiting for him to find it so insure if charges yet. At least it's stopping me stressing about my first wedding!!

Wedding day and I'm at the Liverpool depot collecting it myself. Just waiting for him to find it so insure if charges yet. At least it's stopping me stressing about my first wedding!!

And I'm still in bed. Not stressed at all. !!!!!!!:cool:

If it's your first one. Good luck matey and hope all goes well for you.

And I'm still in bed. Not stressed at all. !!!!!!!:cool:

If it's your first one. Good luck matey and hope all goes well for you.

Thank you. I got my strap. just home and eating then gonna unpack it and leave in about 30 minutes.

forgive my naivity, but whats the difference between the sliders you get with the moneymaker and the portrait sliders? are the portrait ones slightly longer?

Still haven't decided on my PS's yet. Might have to buy 2 more cameras though
;)

Back