Camerasize website asking for donations.

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
I use this site a lot and would be sad to see it go. I'd be happy to make a donation but I'm always dubious about clicking donation links like this in case details are stolen :oops: :$

I use this site a lot and would be sad to see it go. I'd be happy to make a donation but I'm always dubious about clicking donation links like this in case details are stolen :oops: :$

Most use paypal so should be ok.. I think

The owners of the website will never see your bank details.. its all done through third party..in this case paypal.. yes you canpay by credit card but this is also done through paypal... so its as safe as any online store..

I also think it's a very useful site and I just clicked the donate button but I am put off by the fact that it doesn't all appear in English. Has anyone donated?

I also think it's a very useful site and I just clicked the donate button but I am put off by the fact that it doesn't all appear in English. Has anyone donated?
I just clicked donate to test it, it comes up with a PayPal donation page in English, the only difference is that it's in US Dollars, but Paypal does the currency conversion for you.
I've donated to a couple of things via Paypal, never a problem.

I just clicked donate to test it, it comes up with a PayPal donation page in English, the only difference is that it's in US Dollars, but Paypal does the currency conversion for you.
I've donated to a couple of things via Paypal, never a problem.
I can't remember now what language it was, but it wasn't European - either Russian or Chinese or possibly Arabic, which rang alarm bells. It may have been US dollars, but it was the text that worried me.

If you do use Paypal, check they don't set up some sneaky recurring payment thing (effectively direct debits):

Settings->Payments->Manage your automatic payments->View->Show active

I'd managed to authorise a couple of these (Eurosport and some ancient HP webOS development thing) without realising it (must have been in the small print). Fortunately, these are respectable companies and the facility wasn't abused.

If you do use Paypal, check they don't set up some sneaky recurring payment thing (effectively direct debits):

Settings->Payments->Manage your automatic payments->View->Show active

I'd managed to authorise a couple of these (Eurosport and some ancient HP webOS development thing) without realising it (must have been in the small print). Fortunately, these are respectable companies and the facility wasn't abused.
I know what you mean - you can get caught out. I had an email from Adobe telling me my card had expired. I deliberately let the subscription run out, except it didn't! Paypal just paid with my new card that I had added :rolleyes:

Back