Canon 1D Mk11N SD Card Problem.

I don't think so but I have seen mention of utilities to do this for you.

My very old camera would slow down if there were too many files in the folder on the card. Put them in smaller folders (camera called them albums) and it would be faster. If the principle still holds it might explain the folders thing.

I just stick the card in the reader, go into dcim, select all the folders, cut them and then paste them to the hard drive in a new sub folder.

Once they are on the hdd it only takes seconds to move all the images into one folder and delete the number folders that are then empty. Can't see you need a utility for that.

You shouldn't get slow performance just because there are lots of files in a folder. I wish I could explain why but I just know that you shouldn't. I'm quite a techie person but some of it just comes a bit too naturally to me, meaning I can't explain it. It's just a feeling in my bones that I know is right.

I am talking quite early technology here - DC290
The slow down is referred to in the manual - not something I just noticed.

Myself and a couple of other peeps on here use this

Its brilliant, copies all the files on the card whatever folder they are in, into another folder, which you can configure, i have mine doing Year, Month, Date so have a folder 2005, with 1 to 12 in it, then dates in 28Nov2005 format.

Means no messing about moving stuff after the event, and its also free !!! :) :banana:

See, I knew someone would know what I was talking about...

I have (almost) convinced myself about the Mark IIN. I might try and hire a 5D though. I'm all landscape but the weather proofing of the N might be the clincher. When I use manual focus on my 17-40L I get a tiny sandy crunchy noise so who knows what's going on inside the 300d. Might rinse it under the tap.

Don't forget that the 1DMK11N is only weather proof with a weather proof lens fitted. The 17-40L is one of Canon's weather proof range, so you're halfway there! :D

Contrary to popular belief, all the L Series lenses aren't weather proof by any means. :(

fingerz said:
If only they wrote it properly.

I'm sure Windows XP is meant to be able to do photo transfers automatically anyway. Might have to investigate.

It is, but not raw files, if you have jpg and connect it should automatically just drag them off, although it doesnt liek the subfolders that canon cameras make

Back