Canon 5D Mk2...i think i got it

curious then as to why the usa shipment didnt get delayed...

I'm hoping it'll be a firmware fix. Fingers crossed.

Well I read somewhere on DPReview through Rob Galbraith that Canon has responded to the issues and are confident that a firmware update will fix the problems..

I'm hoping My 5D Mk II will be delivered tomorrow. Been through customs clearance at Heathrow this morning and last tracking info through DHL is that it's on its way to Cambridge distribution hub, so in the UK already after Saturday dispatch from Hong Kong :woot:

Not bad at all. I'm floored with the flu but have been cuddling my 5D mk2 constantly.

The black dot issue is a non-issue IMHO.

The capacity for folks to blow things up to 200% and go "hah! Look!" never stops amazing me!

Looks like a bargain. The lens itself is a great lens from what I've read so far.

I just wonder if all these reports of problems with the 5D II have some merit. Could this be the reason for the non availability (in the UK) of this camera - are Canon holding back supplies until they have cleared the gremlins.

My order delivery forcast has now slipped to April 17th (I think 2009)

I've had two bodies, the first one had hot pixels everywhere, the second one is perfect. I think people are reading too much into things. There are some firmware rumours going around at the moment that there is a new firmware update coming in the first week of April to sort issues that were put back due to Canon releasing the 5d2 to compete with Nikons HD DSLR. Who knows, but one thing I do know is it's a fantastic piece of kit.

I've got two MKii's and have put around 10K shots through each, no problems at all, it's a great camera.

selling mine. credit crunch etc etc... eos classifieds if anyone is struggling to get one!

I went into Jessops near me today and tbh the bloke seemed pretty clued up on his lenses and camera gear which at first slightly scared me !!!
He then let me play about with the copy they had in the cabinet.
I was sold. I took a few shots with a nifty at 1.8 and all the way up to 10 and i was amazed at the picture i was seeing on the screen.
Phenominal.
It just felt good and zooming in to the pic i had taken was tac sharp, easy controls, quick, wide, weighed about perfect for a cmaera (OK with a light lens)
simply put, i loved it.
I then promptly reserved it for 7 days (where they took it from the stand so no one else could use it) until i can convince myself i need to buy it before i sell my 40D !!!

I went to the London Camera Exchange Pro Show in Southampton yesterday. I got a chance to use and handle some of the cameras I'm interested in (D300, 50D, 5D mkII, etc). The 5D mkII was amazing, from the build quality, the screen, the bright viewfinder, the image quality at higher ISO (3200 looked super). Coupled with the 24-105 lens it was like driving in a Bentley having got out my Ford Focus (350D). The 50D handled really well too. Interestingly I did not get on with the D300, button layout seemed to confuse me.

Speaking to various folks at the show, they all seemed to agree that prices were going to go up again too. I guess it's they are bound to say that (to get you to part with your cash now), but probably some truth in it.

Back