Canon 5D MKIII official owners/users thread, anything related to the 5D MKIII

Edit My Images
Yes
Well seeing as there isn't an official thread I thought I might start one as there are a lot of people with this camera now.

I have had mine for a week now after upgrading from the Canon 60D. For me the first week has been getting to know the features and reading the manual.

So come on folks, lets share our MKIII experiences.

Mark

onona said:
I'm in the middle of an immensely passionate affair with mine. I don't think my 7D is ever going to forgive me.

You two timing ...

I have only been out with mine twice so far... I am also wondering if my 7d will see the light of day again.....

My first one turned up last week, and I ate it :)

11uwb2f.jpg

My Second one is due today by fedex... And I'm being patient!

NOT!!!!!!!! :puke: :cautious:

:D:clap:(y)

(y)

Great cake mate..!

I sold my 7D and 5D2 to gather enough money together for a 5D3 and I received it on saturday. I've gotta say, I don't regret going from 2 bodies to 1 in any way shape or form. The 5D3 has blown the superb 5D2 away with it's AF system and added features, and it's also blown away the great 7D with its IQ, ISO ability and AF. Best decision I ever made so far, but I might just look for a 60D as a backup body in the future, just in case.

Just sold my 60D. Great little camera.

I took these a few minutes ago. They are not significant - I wandered down the street where I live and shot a few. The weathers really poor so the light's not great. ISO 100. Slight sharpen - nothing else. They are very sharp straight out of the camera but I felt a little edge might assist.

Taken on my 5D MK III, bought as the kit with the 24-105 yesterday, from LCE in Exeter. Seems nice enough to use, but you need a degree in autofocusing to work out the AF system:LOL:

IMG_62321.jpg

Fruit shop

IMG_62351.jpg

The River Batherm

IMG_62381.jpg

Bawdens Bakery

Apologies for not blowing you out of the water with knockout shots but that's the British weather for you.

A few straight out of camera of my little boy (No.304)

7035639657_0f00cb48ef_b.jpg

6886492112_2187c3ecfb_b.jpg

He is only 2 years old and loves his balance bike.

If you are a Lightroom user and you've LR4 Adobe has a release candidate for LR4.1 on its Labs site. The RC will handle the RAW files for the Mk3. Those of you with LR3 will need to convert to DNG to use the Mk3 files. DNG converter 6.7 will read these files, this is available. As a download from the normal Adobe site.

I normally use LR3 and it is starting to be a pain in the arse having to use ACR and photoshop to do my editing!! it feels so backwards and as a result i'm not enjoying my new toy half as much as I should Be..

I normally use LR3 and it is starting to be a pain in the arse having to use ACR and photoshop to do my editing!! it feels so backwards and as a result i'm not enjoying my new toy half as much as I should Be..

Upgrade to LR4 and grab the 4.1 RC. The latter has native mk3 support.

I personally found 4.0 faster than 3.6 and 4.1 improves on this further.

Oh, this thread makes me burn with envy. I can't justify upgrading my beloved 5D MKII but a girl can dream? I'll keep drooling over this thread in the meantime.

Last edited:
Apple release Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.12

This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following camera to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:

• Canon EOS 5D Mark III

kestral said:
Are the corners supposed to be that dark? :thinking:

You referring to mine?

Added a vignette !

Had a little play with mine in a studio :s

CSM0078.jpg

CSM0047.jpg

CSM0135.jpg

I really need to get a grip for it but apart from that it's a flipping great bit of kit ;)

Last edited:
Trying out the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM on the 5D MKIII.

7056561949_c950794a08_b.jpg

I use the beta of Adobe camera RAW. Isn't this compatible with elements? Just go to adobe labs and see if it downloads for you?

HTH

Thanks RSM, I've gone through these and it says I need a download manager so I download that, and then it comes up with an error saying it needs CS5.

When I open PSE8 it tells me I can upgrade for a special price, perhaps I need to do that?!!

I have CS6 beta running at work and that has ACR 7 and that won't open them either!

Best I get it right 'in camera' then!

Thanks RSM, I've gone through these and it says I need a download manager so I download that, and then it comes up with an error saying it needs CS5.

When I open PSE8 it tells me I can upgrade for a special price, perhaps I need to do that?!!

I have CS6 beta running at work and that has ACR 7 and that won't open them either!

Best I get it right 'in camera' then!

What about buying lightroom ? that's only £99 now and 4.1 release candidate reads RAW from the MKIII no problem...

Not a bad idea Martin, thanks!

I love Lightroom, can do 99% of stuff in there...

download the 4.1 and trial it for free for 30 days...

Download the free trial of LR and update it.

Back