Canon 5D MKIII official owners/users thread, anything related to the 5D MKIII

They're nice - was it an event of some type or were they just there - its just they fit the look or the carriage so well.

Another one I took on holiday what can I say ;)

mmmmmmmmm.jpg

Lovely shot - where were you?

Another one I took on holiday what can I say ;)

mmmmmmmmm.jpg

I love the composition and the colours on this shot, the lines on the ground give a great lead in.

Can't wait for my hol's in a couple of weeks. Finally some time to give the camera some serious use.

I spent an hour today messing around with focus micro adjust after convincing myself that I had focus issues. Finally realised (after looking at the shots on the camera screen) that I'd missed focus so many times after I had swapped AF-On and *. Doh! :bang::bang::bang:

Must stop messing about with custom settings after I've been on the wine...

Ok ok ok mates, think I have it now. Can post some of my recent 5D III pictures. Will try one more.

This is another (hopefully) of my recent trip to Cancun.

7511415446_e998c5f589.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
My second outing with the camera few weeks ago, first time testing the AF system.
I was still getting very slow success rate. I have to put that down to my own technique, and the speed of these puffins flying around. So, more practice is essential
7608514322_fffc310286_z.jpg

Last edited:
Mr G & Coleslaw. Love the shots, great work. What lenses did you use?

That was taken with my trusty 17-40mm of which I love (y)

Oh yes and the mk iii is quite good as well

Last edited:
My second outing with the camera few weeks ago, first time testing the AF system.
I was still getting very slow success rate. I have to put that down to my own technique, and the speed of these puffins flying around. So, more practice is essential
7608514322_fffc310286_z.jpg

Now this is more like it! As nice as many of the shots on here are and I'm not putting them down, they don't really show anything that many other cameras couldn't get just as easily. However, this shot to me is showing what the MkIII is all about - the AF system!

At long last I had the opportunity to try out the AF. This shot was with the 70-300L and the camera latched on instantly. For me, the AF on the Mk3 is far superior to the Mk2 and 7D (both of which helped fund this body. Oh yes and for the wags (pun) amongst you, it's the rearmost dog that I focused on! :p )

You can instruct me in Sept Trevor, after I have mastered the tv remote :LOL:

Now this is more like it! As nice as many of the shots on here are and I'm not putting them down, they don't really show anything that many other cameras couldn't get just as easily. However, this shot to me is showing what the MkIII is all about - the AF system!

yea i agree with this. most shots here a 5d2 could do! come on let me see those wow shots that only a 5d3 can nail!

Show me a fast moving subject in darkness being tracked infocus and almost noise free!!

Nothing like asking for the moon on a stick eh? ;)

Unfortunately, the RAF don't fly Hawks through the Loop at night! :naughty:

Mine was just delivered :) coming from a d3000 it locks focus insanely quick with the 85 1.8 I bought with it. Really well pleased!!!

Love my little boy...!

7610402834_732251caeb_b.jpg

Buttkicker said:
What a cute little fella he is., make the most of it they grow up so quickly it does not seem like 2 minutes since my daughter was that age (20 now)

Cheers bud.

He is 2 1/2 at the mo and full of energy.

Here is a mash up of two new 5D III pictures. One I took in Cancun Mexico and one I took this morning in Fort Lauderdale. Of course, thanks to CS5.

7616139800_51c8648ed2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Has anyone tried a yongnuo flash on their Mk3?

Just tried my 565 EX in the P setting indoors and it works ok, other than altering the flash compensation in ETTL that is as far as it goes for me as I never use flash in what I do but just like to have one available.

Hmmmm maybe I should use it more for daylight use in some of my shots instead of relying on the highlights and shadows sliders.

Cheers you have given me something to get into now:)

I got mine from Panamoz, great correspondence from them the whole way through.
To try and put the minds at rest of those thinking of ordering mine happened as follows:

Their site was showing out of stock and at a higher price than the £1995 deal that Mal had agreed.
I contacted them via their email contact link, explained I was interested and understood if you were a 'friend' of Mal's they would match the £1995 price
They came back and said yes and they would let me know when they could source one... very shortly after got another mail saying they had got one and if interested to contact again to confirm
After agreeing I wanted it, they send you over an attached invoice and the bank details for the transfer.
I admit I was a little nervous as the account details is just to an individual rather than a company name and had a sleepless night until my tracking number came through the following day!
I shouldn't have worried though it tracked perfectly from Hong Kong, via Dubai, Germany and then UK. Mine did take a couple more days to arrive than Mals but think mine got stuck in the UK with UPS over a weekend.

Hope that helps some of you make your minds up. For me it worked brilliantly and am now the proud owner of a fantastic bit of kit that I couldn't have justified purchasing until it reached around the 2k mark

Oh and no I am not affiliated in any way with Panamoz!

Do you get tax or customs to pay when its delivered? Or the price quoted £1995 covers all? So tempted to upgrade from a 5D Mk1.

Also does anyone use their MK3 for video? Is it easy to use like a camcorder? just fancy been able to take videos aswell :D

Last edited:
Do you get tax or customs to pay when its delivered? Or the price quoted £1995 covers all? So tempted to upgrade from a 5D Mk1.

Also does anyone use their MK3 for video? Is it easy to use like a camcorder? just fancy been able to take videos aswell :D

There is no import duty on cameras imported from Hong Kong just a vat liability
if you get charged vat which is very unlikely panaomoz and DR state they will refund you

Hi everyone- only just joined the site but have been interested in your conversations about Panamoz. I don't think I'm quite brave enough for doing a bank transfer, but credit card I'm more happy with. What I am trying to understand however, is that in the previous pages people are talking about UK stock/manuals/plugs. Please could those of you that have bought the 5d mark iii explain whether you got a uk manual and and a uk plug, and if you did, did you have to request this? I have seen with digital rev that they actually open the box and put an adapter in. Were your 5ds unopened from Panamoz?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm keen to take advantage of a great deal!

Thanks

Chris

Back