Canon 7D mk2 owners thread.

I'm wondering which lens to use, I could just put the 70-200 on, but wondering what other options there are? There don't seem to be many fast lens made specifically for APSC cameras?

....Regarding the lenses-for-APSC comment, are you perhaps overthinking it?

The Canon 70-200mm F/2.8L and other fast F/2.8L primes etc mounted on the 7D2 will deliver high quality images - The rest is up to you.

the 7dMK2 will get you loads of fps.. but that also gets you a lot of non focused/sharp pictures to edit through ;)

70-200 f2.8 will be great.

Just got a 6D and almost straight away wondering if I should have gone for the 7D mk2... any reasons why I should change?

Do a search for an app called Shuttercount. I have it for the MAC but I think you can get it for Windows too.

Cheers

Kath

The last time I checked its release had been delayed. When it is available I will be tempted to buy one assuming you can control the camera remotely as well as transfer images.

As best I can tell it has been released- at least stateside- but Canon's stock control is terrible. It was also supposed to ship with all new 7dii this autumn.

Anyone here had issues with mounting a 430ex ii to their 7D? I very very rarely use mine and don't think I've ever used it on the 7D to be honest but I took it with me to a 70th birthday party yesterday and couldn't for the life of me get it to fire.

Anyone here had issues with mounting a 430ex ii to their 7D? I very very rarely use mine and don't think I've ever used it on the 7D to be honest but I took it with me to a 70th birthday party yesterday and couldn't for the life of me get it to fire.

No problems at all to be honest. Don't use it very often but never had a problem when it's had to be used.

No problems at all to be honest. Don't use it very often but never had a problem when it's had to be used.

Hmm i'll try it on another body later I think and have to go from there. Did seem very strange though. Never had problems before.

Hmm i'll try it on another body later I think and have to go from there. Did seem very strange though. Never had problems before.

What mode was it on? Did you try manual? A 3rd party Nissin refuses to fire in ttl.

I have a third party unit that only works on manual setting on the flash with the 7d mk2.

Tried it in TTL first but I'm sure I tried it in manual too. But i'll try again as soon as I get back tonight. Hopefully be something straight forward.

Was in town today so popped in to Jessops to ask if it was fine to have a look at the 7D MkII but not to buy it yet. The bloke was great and said yes feel free, as soon as it was in my hands I was impressed with how solid it felt and that it is bigger than my 70D. Not enough funds yet, but I will be getting the 7D MkII in a few months :)

Was in town today so popped in to Jessops to ask if it was fine to have a look at the 7D MkII but not to buy it yet. The bloke was great and said yes feel free, as soon as it was in my hands I was impressed with how solid it felt and that it is bigger than my 70D. Not enough funds yet, but I will be getting the 7D MkII in a few months :)

....My previous camera body was a 70D. I really enjoyed it and captured some great images with it (see my Flickr pages) but for wildlife photography, I find the 7D MkII superior in that it is much more enabling. Fast frame rate and more customisation being the deal-makers.

It is quite heavy on battery juice though and so I have attached a Canon Battery Grip.

I've been using sunwayfoto for my 6D and gave been very happy with it.
I've just ordered my 7DMKII and will be ordering this shortly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251800410335?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Bit of a thread resurrection. Can I please ask if the L bracket for the 7Dii works without issues. My concern surrounds is there enough gap for the cable release or do you have to slide the camera away from the bracket to get it to fit in the vertical position

Many thanks for any input

I'm in the same position as you Dave. Quite fancy the same upgrade.

If you get a chance to get one in your hands, you will just love the solid feel to it. I have been doing a lot of reading up about it and can`t wait till I do get one :)
I have been into wed and had a look, very nice. There's someone selling one on here in the classifieds section at a good price if you don't mind preowned?

Just got a 6D and almost straight away wondering if I should have gone for the 7D mk2... any reasons why I should change?

Don't sell the 6D, you'll regret it..
I'm on my third 6D and nothing compares to the image quality (for the price).
I now own a 6D and a 7D2.

Any recommendations for the best AF case setting for BIF? Mine is set to case 2 and for red kites against clearish backgrounds it works fine, but recently I tried to photograph kites again but against a cluttered background and it struggled.

Reactions: MDR
Bit of a thread resurrection. Can I please ask if the L bracket for the 7Dii works without issues. My concern surrounds is there enough gap for the cable release or do you have to slide the camera away from the bracket to get it to fit in the vertical position

I'm also looking for an "L" bracket but I use the grip and have seen any that are designed for it.

Kirk make them for both gripped and un gripped bodies, they work perfectly (I have one) as they are designed so that you can access the remote release port.
I can't comment on other makes, I would avoid the generic brackets unless you can see one in use.
I got mine from WEX but any decent camera store will stock or have something similar.

Andy

I have the Wireless adapter but have been problems with the New firmware update. Apologies if this has been put up before.

CANON PULLS FIRMWARE V1.1.1 FOR THE EOS 7D MARK II
BY CANON RUMORS | MAY 18, 2017

7d2big-728x403.jpg

In a move that doesn’t happen very often, Canon has pulled firmware version 1.1.1 for the EOS 7D Mark II, although a lot of cameras running v1.1.1 won’t experience the issues that a small group of users may run into.

From Canon Europe:

A communication error has been discovered when using the EOS 7D Mark II running Firmware Version 1.1.1, which version was released on April 27, 2017, in combination with the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.

Remote shooting with the Camera Connect App is not possible after connecting the EOS 7D Mark II to a smartphone via the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.

This error occurs for cameras that have been updated from Firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier to Firmware Version 1.1.1

This phenomenon will not occur if the camera meets either of the two conditions below:

• If the camera has been updated from Firmware Version 1.1.0 to Firmware Version 1.1.1.
• If the camera was already equipped with Firmware Version 1.1.1 at the time of purchase.

We are currently making preparations to correct this phenomenon with the release of a firmware update in early June. In the meantime, the tentative countermeasure is as follows:

• Firmware Version 1.1.1 will no longer be available for download, and Firmware Version 1.1.0 will be made available for download again.
• Users whose camera is affected by this phenomenon are asked to download Firmware Version 1.1.0 and install Firmware Version 1.1.0 onto the camera.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers, and we ask for your ongoing patience.

If you want the improvements and fixes provided in Firmware Version 1.1.1* applied to your camera, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region and make a request for your camera to be re-updated to Firmware Version 1.1.1.

Firmware version 1.1.1 for the EOS 7D Mark II incorporates the following changes:

• • Enhances reliability of communications when transferring images using Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7 B.
  • • Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
  • • Corrects the phenomenon in which in very rare cases the shutter can no longer be released.
  • • Enhances reliability of operations for specific custom function settings.

Back