Canon EOS 6D Mk2 Owner's Thread

What the *** I have been following this thread and have not checked for three days and world war has started. reminds of the 7D1 debate of poor ISO performance. Until we have actual owners of the MK2 then its all speculation and review driven. I am a 6D MK1 owner and have been more than happy with the performance and will not upgrade to the MK2 as in my very humble and modest opinion the MK2 does not provide and bang for buck upgrade from the MK1 for me. And to think once upon a time we were all very happy with a 20D/30D

Lol it seems most who have a 6d ain't bothering with this camera? What the hell?

I think that there are probably more 6Ds out there than just those on this forum jonney. Actually it seems that most who are on this thread don't actually own a 6D.

I think that there are probably more 6Ds out there than just those on this forum jonney. Actually it seems that most who are on this thread don't actually own a 6D.
This... and it's quite common for us to miss a generation when upgrading.

My digital life is 300d, 20d, 40d, 7d, 6d. Fuji xe1

I'm adding an EOS M5 because it gives me something I want, an upgrade from the Fuji that'll integrate into my Canon collection.

The 6dii will be a great upgrade for many 5dII or 6d users, depending what they're after.

And if we want to talk about where both Canon and Nikon are not listening to user needs, the mirrorless market puts the debate about the 6dii in the shade.
Nikon are still scrabbling for a strategy and Canon have ignored the fact that some serious photographers have a desire for mirrorless so have ignored the need for serious lenses.

Since it seems like two more weeks before it's officially in the shops we've got loads more rant time. What is everybody hoping for in the 6D mark iii?

This... and it's quite common for us to miss a generation when upgrading.

My digital life is 300d, 20d, 40d, 7d, 6d. Fuji xe1

I'm adding an EOS M5 because it gives me something I want, an upgrade from the Fuji that'll integrate into my Canon collection.

The 6dii will be a great upgrade for many 5dII or 6d users, depending what they're after.

And if we want to talk about where both Canon and Nikon are not listening to user needs, the mirrorless market puts the debate about the 6dii in the shade.
Nikon are still scrabbling for a strategy and Canon have ignored the fact that some serious photographers have a desire for mirrorless so have ignored the need for serious lenses.
So you upgrade bodies every 8 years?

So you upgrade bodies every 8 years?
You have a habit of half reading every third word.

From 2003 to now I've owned 6 different digital cameras (a total of 9 bodies in 14 years) and you work that out as a change every 8 years:rolleyes:

Your photography skills are fine, but I stand by what I said about your comprehension skills and now I'm adding maths.

You have a habit of half reading every third word.

From 2003 to now I've owned 6 different digital cameras (a total of 9 bodies in 14 years) and you work that out as a change every 8 years:rolleyes:

Your photography skills are fine, but I stand by what I said about your comprehension skills and now I'm adding maths.
:LOL::LOL:

Anyways not all of us are blessed to buy a new camera every year. There are loads that wait every 4 years or more!

The people who skip a generation equals waiting 8 years before upgrading there bodies
Even when those people said they'd owned a lot of cameras and listed them.

I actually think you don't read the posts, and you're skimming whilst doing other things, but it doesn't look good when you repeatedly miss key points.

This year I'll buy my 10th interchangeable body camera in 14 years, I think that's one every 1.4 years, but not all of them would be 'upgrades' we had 2 20d's 2 7d's and now have 2 6d's, I'm getting confused by how often that's an 'upgrade', I'll be selling a 40d and the Fuji to get the M5, which one am I 'upgrading'? It could be neither, it's not easy to tell.

But the one thing we can agree on, is that I've never waited 8 years to upgrade.

Even when those people said they'd owned a lot of cameras and listed them.

I actually think you don't read the posts, and you're skimming whilst doing other things, but it doesn't look good when you repeatedly miss key points.

This year I'll buy my 10th interchangeable body camera in 14 years, I think that's one every 1.4 years, but not all of them would be 'upgrades' we had 2 20d's 2 7d's and now have 2 6d's, I'm getting confused by how often that's an 'upgrade', I'll be selling a 40d and the Fuji to get the M5, which one am I 'upgrading'? It could be neither, it's not easy to tell.

But the one thing we can agree on, is that I've never waited 8 years to upgrade.

Out of interest Phil, as am amateur I really enjoyed my 40D and although I have given it to one of my daughters I still find it a good camera. Rose tinted glasses?

Out of interest Phil, as am amateur I really enjoyed my 40D and although I have given it to one of my daughters I still find it a good camera. Rose tinted glasses?
Still is, always will be! We are just getting spoilt!

No, it's a great camera, and Canons crop cameras that followed it didn't offer much improvement for a long time.

Mine's going to my nephew.

Well my expectations for a camera has dramatically increased since I started photography

But why? All the bells and whistles, are just extras to flatter and spoil us.

When I shot film, the FPS was as fast as I could rack the winder [emoji23]. Grain was dependant on the film as was dynamic range and the AF wasn't AF, it was just F (me and my mk1 eyeball).

Still got good shots though [emoji3]

And those lenses I used? Still use some of them now!

Last edited:
But why? All the bells and whistles, are just extras to flatter and spoil us.

When I shot film, the FPS was as fast as I could rack the winder [emoji23]. Grain was dependant on the film as was dynamic range and the AF wasn't AF, it was just F (me and my mk1 eyeball).

Still got good shots though [emoji3]

And those lenses I used? Still use some of them now!
Why? For instance new camera allow me to capture images easier and get more keepers.

Tech allows me to wireless transfer images to my phone and to instagram etc.

Tech allows me to get more in focus shots and more usable shots without a tripod.

Tech allows me to shoot more than 35 shots (film) without costing me an arm and a leg.

Tech allows me to stop chimpping.

There are tons of reasons for *me*

Why? For instance new camera allow me to capture images easier and get more keepers.

Tech allows me to wireless transfer images to my phone and to instagram etc.

Tech allows me to get more in focus shots and more usable shots without a tripod.

Tech allows me to shoot more than 35 shots (film) without costing me an arm and a leg.

Tech allows me to stop chimpping.

There are tons of reasons for *me*

Yeah no I get that, just making a point that we're completely spoilt, and much of it isn't necessary to get good images.

Back