Canon EOS 6D Mk2 Owner's Thread

Is that the one where most of the comments are actually based on people's first-hand experience of the camera itself? Pha... what's the point in reading that! ;)

This is nothing new though, look at the people who trash the mirrorless cameras I use without ever using or even researching them :D and the same can be said of 1" sensor cameras. People can tend to judge on preconceptions or base their opinions on something they used ten years ago that looks something like the model under discussion :D

Having said all that I do think that some companies/cameras should take a bit of flack even before they've hit the shops, for example when the spec is thoroughly uninspiring, when the camera appears to be no better than the model it replaces or appears to be well behind the competition. I think this is why this thread has gone the way it has and why people express these views. Even an outsider looking in like me, I left DSLR's behind some years ago, this camera maybe seems to be, relatively, a bit of a damp squib in terms of what people hoped for and what the competition is doing. Of course all this could change once it's in peoples hands as there could be welcome surprises.

I think jonney was pointing out the price vs uk price (as I did many pages ago, when the 6dii wasn't on panamoz)

Also, I had a 6d I decided to just go to the 5div because I didn't want to wait any longer for an upgrade, turns out I would've picked the 5d anyway, the af upgrade was enough for me and the 5diii didn't have wireless transfer which I use a lot too. I also love 7fps, at f1.2 it gives a lot of room for error

I really loved my D750 and would gladly have bought another, but now I've got a 5D I'm back into Canon ;)

Reactions: dkh
Canons new releases are £500 too expensive and don't look good value for money. If you're not tied into a brand then you would be a fool not to have to look at the D750/810. If you're tied into Canon and can afford the 5D4 you're getting a bloody good camera and, for my photography, one that gives SFA away to the Nikons.

I am might have well considered a 5D4 if it came in a mirrorless form factor like A7. I personally don't like the size of DSLRs or their ergonomics.

But eos-m5 is really very nice to use. Nicer to use than any current Sony APS-C body.

Last edited:
I am might have well considered a 5D4 if it came in a mirrorless form factor like A7. I personally don't like the size of DSLRs or their ergonomics.

But eos-m5 is really very nice to use. Nicer to use than any current Sony APS-C body.
They try a a7 series camera. Very nice camera to use

Oh dear ... lol :D

DPRevew........

For the same price, Nikon’s D750 offers nearly the same resolution, loads more dynamic range and a far more sophisticated autofocus system. Same goes for the Sony a7 II, though that camera is even cheaper.
Let’s be clear: The EOS 6D Mark II is, like so many other cameras, capable of outstanding images in the right hands. But even considering all the traditional Canon bonuses like great color, ease of use for video capture and comprehensive lens ecosystem, the 6D II falls too far short for us to recommend it over the competition, and therefore it doesn’t merit our highest awards.

Very odd. Worse than car fan boys sometimes.

Photography, being a form of art is subjective. It's guaranteed we're not all going to like the same things

I am critical of all brands inc. one I use/own (check my latest post on A7 thread :D )

Why take brands personally, it's not like we are married to them. I'd happily dump any brand if something else catches my fancy.:LOL:

I am critical of all brands inc. one I use/own (check my latest post on A7 thread :D )

Why take brands personally, it's not like we are married to them. I'd happily dump any brand if something else catches my fancy.:LOL:
Well it's all to do with the time and investment in a brand. We get used to a certain way of control layouts, menus then post processing files plus the financial investment in equipment.

Oh dear ... lol :D

DPRevew........

For the same price, Nikon’s D750 offers nearly the same resolution, loads more dynamic range and a far more sophisticated autofocus system. Same goes for the Sony a7 II, though that camera is even cheaper.
Let’s be clear: The EOS 6D Mark II is, like so many other cameras, capable of outstanding images in the right hands. But even considering all the traditional Canon bonuses like great color, ease of use for video capture and comprehensive lens ecosystem, the 6D II falls too far short for us to recommend it over the competition, and therefore it doesn’t merit our highest awards.
well I don't live or die by preview reviews and I will make my own mind up not just because of what they say.;)

Back