Canon EOS 6D Mk2 Owner's Thread

That's surprising, what res is your screen?

Only 720p. Maybe it was other improvements they made that make them look better to me.
The 24mp sensor with no AA filter really impressed me in particular.

Is it true the 6D is more of a studio camera?A guy in jessops told me the other day he thinks it's more of a studio camera.

I think the guy at Jessops is an idiot. I've used a 6D for landscapes for a number of years. It goes up mountains with me, down valleys, on the coast you name it.

That's the thing now the 5D3 and 6D2 are the same price I am unsure which route to take!for a bit of everything,landscape,action,wedding,fishing trophy shots etc I'm looking to go full frame myself but I just don't know which camera to go for between the two!

D750 :D

Unless Jarad Polin is right that the d500 has very similar noise performance as the older d750.

In which case I would want the d500 any day to get the D5 AF system

thought this was a canon thread.:D:naughty::exit:

It would seen youtube is now flooded with 6d m2 previews

Have you seen what the did to the xxd range they. Took away the 8 way joystick and changed the aperture wheel to the China junk they put on the 6d. That range is dead to me

The last great xxd body for ergonomics and build was the 50d. From the 60d onwards they've progressively steered it more towards the consumer though they are very good cameras otherwise.

That's good going, fair play. Remind me to buy your cameras when you have finished with them lol
Neither has mine, top or back :)

Reactions: GTG
The last great xxd body for ergonomics and build was the 50d. From the 60d onwards they've progressively steered it more towards the consumer though they are very good cameras otherwise.

Yea I had a 40d and I was so impressed. Even the black shell seemed like real quality. When I see a 50d under £100 I will likely get one

I am definitely steering more towards the 6D2 having watched the video the flip screen often comes in handy when shooting odd angles on my 60D and to check my fish pictures are in frame when doing self takes.I'm only 28 and the odd angles of shooting already give my back grief after a little while!:(

Yea I had a 40d and I was so impressed. Even the black shell seemed like real quality. When I see a 50d under £100 I will likely get one
Kept my 50d as it just such a nice body to use! Still produces great images, as it should do too :)

Reactions: GTG

With the 50D they put the buttons at the bottom of the back screen rather than on the left of it, I never tried one but I always thought it looked awkward.

One thing I wish Canon would do is maintain a consistent approach to their button timers. The allocated button, such as ISO, gives you a timer when it's pressed and released but if you change the ISO to the set button it doesn't unless it's a 1 series. Surely I'd would be common sense that, if you offer the ability to customise the buttons, to maintain the timer on them.

It's fine when I use my 1DXs together but when I have a 1DX and the 5D4 on the go I'm always forgetting that I've got to hold the button down. How hard can it be, it's not rocket science.

One thing I wish Canon would do is maintain a consistent approach to their button timers. The allocated button, such as ISO, gives you a timer when it's pressed and released but if you change the ISO to the set button it doesn't unless it's a 1 series. Surely I'd would be common sense that, if you offer the ability to customise the buttons, to maintain the timer on them.

It's fine when I use my 1DXs together but when I have a 1DX and the 5D4 on the go I'm always forgetting that I've got to hold the button down. How hard can it be, it's not rocket science.

I prefer to hold the set button down, it just comes naturally to me. Probably from using budget cameras in the past where you had to hold buttons down

What is the benefit of 2 card slots? I find the 5D3 buffer rate drops dramatically when using 2 cards simultaneously. I set mine up so if card 1 fills it runs into card 2 to act as an emergency storage if I have been slack enough to not notice card 1 filling up.
Matt

What is the benefit of 2 card slots? I find the 5D3 buffer rate drops dramatically when using 2 cards simultaneously. I set mine up so if card 1 fills it runs into card 2 to act as an emergency storage if I have been slack enough to not notice card 1 filling up.
Matt
Card failures

Card failures
Unless they are both CF slots with same transfer rates (from memory buffer to card) I don't see the benefit if shooting sports etc as the buffer will be so seriously restricted you'll probably miss the shot anyway :)

Unless they are both CF slots with same transfer rates (from memory buffer to card) I don't see the benefit if shooting sports etc as the buffer will be so seriously restricted you'll probably miss the shot anyway :)
Which leads to another issue with the camera. It's shooting on uhs 1 so the buffer rate will be slow on this camera

Matt

Thats because slot 2 cripples slot 1 if shooting to both slots at once. The write speed is governed by the slower speed of slot 2.

Id happily swap my 5d4 for this new camera. I use my 80D a lot because of the fold out screen. It would be nice to go down to just one body.

Which leads to another issue with the camera. It's shooting on uhs 1 so the buffer rate will be slow on this camera
So that brings me back to what benefit 2 card slots if it cripples the camera? I use mine either as emergency overflow or onsite backup. But tbh I wouldnt care if the camera only had one slot.

So that brings me back to what benefit 2 card slots if it cripples the camera? I use mine either as emergency overflow or onsite backup. But tbh I wouldnt care if the camera only had one slot.
The camera is already crippled so having another slot won't cripple it further

Read my post carefully again
uhs 1 at 104mb/s? But would that cause an issue, wouldnt transfer speeds keep up if Canon are saying 150 jpeg/21Raw files, presumably you would shoot in Jpeg as post processing is becoming less required as images get better in-camera, I hear people saying 5D3/4 dont need anywhere as much processing and jpegs are pretty much ok (unless client wants raw, but then isnt that likely to be a shoot where 21 frames would be enough).

I still miss my old mk1 6d so the af improvements on this will make it perfect for me. Just way too overpriced right now, so another 6 months or so will make it achievable. For some reason my pics were way more pleasing from the 6d than the 5d 3 I stupidly replaced it with.

I'd like to move onto the 6d2 from my 5d2, primarily because I'd make good use of the flip out screen. However it's priced too high and should be closer to the Nikon D750 imo.

Yes, and funnily enough being video shooters they are all bemoaning the fact that the 6d2 doesn't have 4k video.

I'd wager that the vast majority of DSLR users never shoot video at all.
yea because many dslr users have gone mirrorless for better hybrid options!

nowadays people shoot videos now such as for weddings and events.

For stills its a nice camera but so are many many 4k cameras that offer good stills as well for similar price.

I don't understand the dual card slot thing - I've been using my 700D for two years and never had any problems, simply by carrying an extra two or three cards in my bag with me, so if one were to fail simply slot another in?

Unless Jarad Polin is right that the d500 has very similar noise performance as the older d750.

In which case I would want the d500 any day to get the D5 AF system

I think he is wrong. I used to watch a lot of his vids but his contradicts himself so much of late i tend to avoid.

Anyone back on to the Canon. Personally im a little disappointed in it. Was thinking it was going to be the camera that bought me back to Canon, but its not.

Woah, Tony Northrup has put the brakes on on my Canon 6D II Hype train. Saying I'd get better images in low light with an 80D and Sigma 18-35 f/ 1.8 and Sigma 50-100 f/1.8 than spending the same price on the the Canon 6D2 and Canon 24-105. :confused:

Woah, Tony Northrup has put the brakes on on my Canon 6D II Hype train. Saying I'd get better images in low light with an 80D and Sigma 18-35 f/ 1.8 and Sigma 50-100 f/1.8 than spending the same price on the the Canon 6D2 and Canon 24-105. :confused:

Yeah, I watched that earlier too!

He's right, until you put a 20/1.4, 24/1.4, 35/1.4, 50/1.2, 85/1.2, 135/1.8 on the 6D and blow the 80D out of the water.*

And need deep pockets.

Back