Canon EOS R Series Cameras

WEX, at least, are still offering it for the original price, but to seems like the free adapter offer has finished.

I asked this question to Cliffton Cameras and they confirmed cannon are withdrawing the free adapter. Now I lucky as I ordered on the day canon announced this news, so I have the free adapter deal.
If that was not the table for the deal I would have not ordered and waited for a sale or cash back offer in the future. Though it seems the R7 has generated a lot of orders and Canon must be confident that they can sell the R7 without the adapter, either that or they are out of stock of adapters ! !

Yes, I too ordered sooner than I would normally do, just to get the adapter. I don’t have, nor plan on getting any RF lenses just yet so I guess I’ll be forking out for the adapter as well.

From reviews I have watched on YouTube and a friend has the R5 and EF 100-400L Mkii via the canon adapter which works perfectly well !

So why buy RF glass as the L grade is very expensive, however I would like the RF 100-500L as its performance is pretty good and light ish compared to EF100-400L and especially my Sigma bazooka 150-600 contemporary !

Despite pre ordering a few weeks ago and when the adapter offer was still live, I am slightly nervous as it was the deal maker for me. I fully intended to buy an R7 but only got it as soon as I did because of the adpater offer.

I'm probably worrying over nothing, I'm expecting an e-mail to settle my balance any day now.

Despite pre ordering a few weeks ago and when the adapter offer was still live, I am slightly nervous as it was the deal maker for me. I fully intended to buy an R7 but only got it as soon as I did because of the adpater offer.

I'm probably worrying over nothing, I'm expecting an e-mail to settle my balance any day now.

On the order you placed does it state free adapter ! ?

Last edited:
I spoke to a retailer I know quite well through buying a fair bit of Pentax gear previously and he said the dealers had to give Canon the total number of preorders they had the day before the offer stopped as that is the number of adapters they would get.

My problem is I hate waiting and am likely to buy something else while waiting for the R7 to arrive.
Im the same. If its not here next day i normally dont bother. This is the longest ive ever waited for anything.
Actually im not too bothered now. I sold my 5D4 to fund a R7, but as i didnt know when ill be getting it I brought a new Synth instead. So in a way a few months wait for the R7 is a good thing……although i still want it asap lol

That R100 in rangefinder style with FF sensor would be right up my street for travelling, but the rumours elsewhere have it looking more like an M50 and being a lower spec R10

It seems that Canon machine is now all geared for RF and I believe that is why we are seeing more RF bodies as M is pretty much dead, and RF is the Old guard format.
With Canon offering cheaper camera bodies for film / video creators this makes a lot sense to low budget productions, and big budgets for scene where the camera could get damage capturing a particular dangerous shoot, i.e car crash view from inside.

That is not cheap for a grey import......
I would have expected atvleastv£250 under the norm..
I agree, but when nowhere else has it in stock and the next batch due late August, and with Canon UK putting the price up I can only see it going one way, oh yes Panamoz want £1600 (not in stock)

I agree, but when nowhere else has it in stock and the next batch due late August, and with Canon UK putting the price up I can only see it going one way, oh yes Panamoz want £1600 (not in stock)
Ive used E-infinity before, and have had good and bad results, mostly good. Surprised its in stock. Fingers crossed it is and does arrive quickly

I saw that and thought it must be an error....

I don't think £1329 is too bad for a grey import this quick after release. They are normally a little bit more than UK retail at the beginning.

Seriously tempted to put in an order as I can't see Park getting any in for at least a month or two and I have a couple of adapters anyway.

I am surprised Canon UK have put the price up with out a free adapter !
Why is the price hiking up as normally the trend is reduction apx 6 months after launch !
I know we are in very difficult times with prices raising on pretty much everything at moment and now cameras which seem to be immune.

I am surprised Canon UK have put the price up with out a free adapter !
Why is the price hiking up as normally the trend is reduction apx 6 months after launch !
I know we are in very difficult times with prices raising on pretty much everything at moment and now cameras which seem to be immune.
Supply and demand :)

As someone (possibly you) said the other day. Maybe they’re testing the waters to see how popular an aps-c model will be in the current line.

Clearly more so than they anticipated.

Supply and demand :)

As someone (possibly you) said the other day. Maybe they’re testing the waters to see how popular an aps-c model will be in the current line.

Clearly more so than they anticipated.

I believe it was me with that quote ! LOL

For me the R7 is all about the Eye / Object AF detect as I have seen the difference this makes. As a friend of mine has the R5, and it is just bloody amazing !
From the YouTube reviews I have seen the Canon AF is slightly better than the Sony and Nikon is,...well...catching up shall will say.

I believe it was me with that quote ! LOL

For me the R7 is all about the Eye / Object AF detect as I have seen the difference this makes. As a friend of mine has the R5, and it is just bloody amazing !
From the YouTube reviews I have seen the Canon AF is slightly better than the Sony and Nikon is,...well...catching up shall will say.

Yeah, I have the R5 and the eye detection is amazing. Works wonders with wildlife.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t ‘interested’ in the R7. But this lack of grip has put me off somewhat.

I’ve just recently got myself a 500mm.
The reason I went for it instead of the 600mm was simply due to it being a lot easier to carry around handheld.

The balance and feel of it with the gripped R5 is perfect to carry about for long periods.
But I can still remember just how uncomfortable even my 28-70 felt on my wrists before I managed to obtain the grip for it.
I can’t imagine what a far bigger lens on an even smaller body would feel like.

Yeah, I have the R5 and the eye detection is amazing. Works wonders with wildlife.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t ‘interested’ in the R7. But this lack of grip has put me off somewhat.

I’ve just recently got myself a 500mm.
The reason I went for it instead of the 600mm was simply due to it being a lot easier to carry around handheld.

The balance and feel of it with the gripped R5 is perfect to carry about for long periods.
But I can still remember just how uncomfortable even my 28-70 felt on my wrists before I managed to obtain the grip for it.
I can’t imagine what a far bigger lens on an even smaller body would feel like.

wow, I can see why people like the R3,R5 & R6 so much anf the AF is my main reason for purchase.
I have a sigma 150-600 contemporary which I put on my 7Dii, and though I go to the gym a lot it is a heavy kit to carry around all day !
I have battery grip for the 7Dii which I use on portrait shoots and again it is a lot of kit to carry around. This is really best for studio work or location where your bag is near by.

My last visit to bushy Park I took my 7Dii with EF 70-300L IS USM and Sony A6600 with MC-11 adapter for the Sigma Bazooka 150-600 contemporary, of both are on sling straps.
Now that is a lot of weight and the reason why I did this was to compare the keeper rate between 7Dii & A6600 with is animal eye detect.
If the R7 AF is as good as R3 then I have my 1 body that can do all and my A6600 with be my city break / holiday camera as I have 3 or 4 E mount lens to utilize !

wow, I can see why people like the R3,R5 & R6 so much anf the AF is my main reason for purchase.
I have a sigma 150-600 contemporary which I put on my 7Dii, and though I go to the gym a lot it is a heavy kit to carry around all day !
I have battery grip for the 7Dii which I use on portrait shoots and again it is a lot of kit to carry around. This is really best for studio work or location where your bag is near by.

My last visit to bushy Park I took my 7Dii with EF 70-300L IS USM and Sony A6600 with MC-11 adapter for the Sigma Bazooka 150-600 contemporary, of both are on sling straps.
Now that is a lot of weight and the reason why I did this was to compare the keeper rate between 7Dii & A6600 with is animal eye detect.
If the R7 AF is as good as R3 then I have my 1 body that can do all and my A6600 with be my city break / holiday camera as I have 3 or 4 E mount lens to utilize !

I don’t really know much about the sigma 150-600 to be fair.

When it comes to telephotos; I’ve only ever used my current 500mm; along with a 400mm f4 I occasionally borrow.
Apart from that, I’ve only ever owned a 100-400 ii in the past.

Seems as you’re also used to having the ergonomics of a gripped body. You’ll have to let us know how you get on with a smaller one without a grip with the Sigma.

It’ll be interesting to see if it makes any difference…

I don’t really know much about the sigma 150-600 to be fair.

When it comes to telephotos; I’ve only ever used my current 500mm; along with a 400mm f4 I occasionally borrow.
Apart from that, I’ve only ever owned a 100-400 ii in the past.

Seems as you’re also used to having the ergonomics of a gripped body. You’ll have to let us know how you get on with a smaller one without a grip with the Sigma.

It’ll be interesting to see if it makes any difference…

Will do,
what I can say about the battery grip and small bodies is that I do not have a issue with A6600 in portrait position as my hand can easily stretch round for shutter button while holding the camera and lens. On my 7Dii being bigger and heavier the grip is a nice touch, so I suspect the R7 is going to some where in between the two.

Has anyone seen the thread on DPreview about the R7 shutter shock? A bit worrying if its the norm. What strikes me as strange is that people are seemily accepting its a flaw and saying use the electronic shutter for certain shutter speeds. Ive never owned a camera that would dictate how i use it to that extent.

Has anyone seen the thread on DPreview about the R7 shutter shock? A bit worrying if its the norm. What strikes me as strange is that people are seemily accepting its a flaw and saying use the electronic shutter for certain shutter speeds. Ive never owned a camera that would dictate how i use it to that extent.
Any links? cant find anything about it?

I have been watching a number of R7 related videos and the same topics pop up in most videos.

What I am concern with is I have old version of LightRoom Classic, vr 8.3 i think.
I also have a Sony A6600 which my LR does not support so I have to convert the RAW files to Tiff and then to DNG.
So my question is does Canon DPP have the function to read the R7 files and convert them to DNG ! ?

Yes, DPP will work with R7 files.

I know this question is really too early to ask as I am getting very excited about using the R7 and processing the RAW files.
Hence why I ask that DPP can convert R7 RAW to DNG so I can open in my LR Classic

Back