Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Thanks George - I think I'm getting braver! :LOL:

I think as you get older they say you tend to lose most of your inhibitions. Of coarse I wouldn't know about that (he says). ;);)

This is part 2
To read the massive part 1 thread, click here

Hi Folks...
Simply put, lets see those street shots !

Shiny happy people laughing by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

All around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces. by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

Dude, tell me you are not shaving in front of my store ! by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

Gangsters by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

No means yes, no ? by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr

Tough chick, this one scared me...... by Street Vision L.A., on Flickr
Here are various examples of my street shooting…Lets see yours…Post a stranger…
That one with the girls laughing in the car is so natural I love it

Another street shot from Brick Lane.

A Man and His Chihuahua by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Nice photo, garry. I need some new location from my usual places and I think I might go to Brick Lane today. Shoreditch High Street station seems to be only 5 minutes walk away, and Aldgate East station about 10 minutes away. But it looks like Aldgate East will be easier for me to get to on the tube as I think I'd need tube + bus to get to Shoreditch.

Nice photo, garry. I need some new location from my usual places and I think I might go to Brick Lane today. Shoreditch High Street station seems to be only 5 minutes walk away, and Aldgate East station about 10 minutes away. But it looks like Aldgate East will be easier for me to get to on the tube as I think I'd need tube + bus to get to Shoreditch.

Thanks, Lee. As well as Brick Lane, Shoreditch is a great place for street shooting. Around the station and the Box Park area, Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch High St, the back streets, etc. Lots of interesting people in interesting clothes, street art, shops, and so on. You could spend most of the day there.

Thanks, Lee. As well as Brick Lane, Shoreditch is a great place for street shooting. Around the station and the Box Park area, Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch High St, the back streets, etc. Lots of interesting people in interesting clothes, street art, shops, and so on. You could spend most of the day there.

I've been in Brick Lane today, still there now. Super busy. Haven't been here for years! Yes, you're right about the surrounding areas. And Box Park building was the only place I could find a loo!

I'm finding side roads off Brick Lane quite interesting too. Just bought a smoked salmon and cream cheese beigel and an almond pastry from the original beigel shop. Got to be done! :D

Last edited:
I've been in Brick Lane today, still there now. Super busy. Haven't been here for years! Yes, you're right about the surrounding areas. And Box Park building was the only place I could find a loo!

I'm finding side roads off Brick Lane quite interesting too. Just bought a smoked salmon and cream cheese beigel and an almond pastry from the original beigel shop. Got to be done! :D

Lee, Brick Lane is also on my list of places to visit this year (I've never been there). I'd almost certainly get the bus to get there from Charing Cross as I just don't like travelling on the Subway. I've heard about all the lovely eateries etc but as for smoked salmon (I can't stand the stuff) but the rest sounds very nice. I thought I'd seen somewhere that there was an abundance of loos about but maybe not, Is that Box Park building fairly close to Brick Lane?

Must get to London sometime, Brick Lane and Borough Market look great areas. :)

Lee, Brick Lane is also on my list of places to visit this year (I've never been there). I'd almost certainly get the bus to get there from Charing Cross as I just don't like travelling on the Subway. I've heard about all the lovely eateries etc but as for smoked salmon (I can't stand the stuff) but the rest sounds very nice. I thought I'd seen somewhere that there was an abundance of loos about but maybe not, Is that Box Park building fairly close to Brick Lane?

Hey George, there's a TON of food around there, absolutely spoilt for choice! The thing about street photography is,.. wherever I am, from Brick Lane to Piccadilly Circus, I find myself getting very hungry because there's always delicious aromas of food wafting about! :D I always pack a sandwich and biscuits before leaving home but still sometimes end up buying some food along my walk. You'll enjoy Brick Lane a lot. Just like garry mentioned, it's choc bloc with things to photograph. And you'll possibly never before have seen so much graffiti and incredible wall art in your life, it's amazing. Maybe garry knows of other loos in that area? The Box Park building is not far George, about a 6 minute walk from Brick Lane. It's near Shoreditch High Street station and I think it was in Bethnal Green Road. Most of my destinations are reasonably close to tube stations that have public toilets and I know that Euston, Waterloo, Kings Cross, Charing Cross, and a few other major stations have those thank goodness! By the way, anyone going to Trafalgar Square, the main part was closed off on Saturday while they were setting up for a St Patricks Day event today which might possibly be on tomorrow too. I was only able to walk around the perimeter of the square and the top part where the white wall is under the national gallery.

Last edited:
Maybe garry knows of other loos in that area?

1) If you come off Brick Lane onto Hanbury Street, just to the left of the Sunday Up Market where they sell all the food, and then turn first right onto Dray Walk, OR from Brick Lane go up Dray Walk right to the end, you'll find toilets in the far corner. If you can't see them at first, look behind the food vans.

2) There are loos downstairs in Spitalfields Market. I can't place where they are on the map, but if you ask any stallholder, they'll know.

St Patricks Day event today which might possibly be on tomorrow too

It was today (Sunday) only.

Last edited:
Hey George, there's a TON of food around there, absolutely spoilt for choice! The thing about street photography is,.. wherever I am, from Brick Lane to Piccadilly Circus, I find myself getting very hungry because there's always delicious aromas of food wafting about! :D I always pack a sandwich and biscuits before leaving home but still sometimes end up buying some food along my walk. You'll enjoy Brick Lane a lot. Just like garry mentioned, it's choc bloc with things to photography. And you'll possibly never before have seen so much graffiti and incredible wall art in your life, it's amazing. Maybe garry knows of other loos in that area? The Box Park building is not far George, about a 6 minute walk from Brick Lane. It's near Shoreditch High Street station and I think it was in Bethnal Green Road. Most of my destinations are reasonably close to tube stations that have public toilets and I know that Euston, Waterloo, Kings Cross, Charing Cross, and a few other major stations have those thank goodness! By the way, anyone going to Trafalgar Square, the main part was closed off on Saturday while they were setting up for a St Patricks Day event today which might possibly be on tomorrow too. I was only able to walk around the perimeter of the square and the top part where the white wall is under the national gallery.

Many thanks for that Lee, I've just been looking at the TFL app and I can get from Charing Cross (The Strand) to Shoreditch High St by bus on a Sunday in 31mins which will suit me just fine. If I'm coming up from Kent then my train would come in at Charing Cross so it would all link up nicely. If I were to come up from my new place by bus that would still come in at Trafalgar Sq so once again it would all link up nicely, unless its totally unavoidable I prefer not to travel on the subway.

"Excellent" candid street style capture Lee, well seen and caught. Liking the way you've caught the two subjects with a similar feet stance and the two brollies are of the same style etc.

Thanks George. I was walking up and down Brick Lane and seeing plenty of nice things and wall art but didn't get any pics there. I saw these two girls in a street a few minutes away from Brick Lane and thought their matching umbrellas looked nice plus the way they were looking at the wall art, so thought it'd be worth a shot. :)

Thanks George. I was walking up and down Brick Lane and seeing plenty of nice things and wall art but didn't get any pics there. I saw these two girls in a street a few minutes away from Brick Lane and thought their matching umbrellas looked nice plus the way they were looking at the wall art, so thought it'd be worth a shot. :)
Wouldn't be anywhere so good without those matching umbrellas. I like the anonymity they give as well as the added symmetry.

Wouldn't be anywhere so good without those matching umbrellas. I like the anonymity they give as well as the added symmetry.
I agree.

And it also makes me wonder if you have a weather resistant camera. I love street in the rain, but never do it ...

I haven't visited bricklane in a few years. There used to be 1 or 2 shops selling hot freshly made samosas and delish potato/onion bhaji type things, lunch for £1

Excellent, Lee! Lucky timing, but great positioning and framing, which makes all the difference.

I haven't visited bricklane in a few years. There used to be 1 or 2 shops selling hot freshly made samosas and delish potato/onion bhaji type things, lunch for £1

You can get those in the indoor Sunday Up Market, on the corner of Hanbury Street. And Sunday is usually the best day to go, though it's sometimes crowded on a good-weather day.

Thanks Malc. Yeah, I generally don't take photos of wall art without some human element. Yeah, agreed, I like the symmetry and anonymity too!

I agree.

And it also makes me wonder if you have a weather resistant camera. I love street in the rain, but never do it ...

Yeah David, my camera is a Sony a6600 which has weather sealing as do my lenses so it's reasonably safe in the rain. I was once out in heavy rain shooting colourful puddles and the EVF had a lot of condensation on the inside but after a while it cleared up. Fortunately it wasn't raining hard anymore by the time I took this pic. :)

Excellent, Lee! Lucky timing, but great positioning and framing, which makes all the difference.

You can get those in the indoor Sunday Up Market, on the corner of Hanbury Street. And Sunday is usually the best day to go, though it's sometimes crowded on a good-weather day.

Thanks garry, was rather fortunate! Love your Jurassic shot. :D

Back