Cardiff *shakes head* Awesome street shots showing boozing culture.

Wow. Excellent captures, and technically good photos also. I'm sure you could capture a similar set in most places across the UK. Cardiff definitely need some larger bins!!

hahahha... I know some of the people in these photos. Luckily not the subjects, more just people in the background! I was half expecting to see me in there somewhere! lol.

These photos do not do Cardiff justice. Yes, St Mary's street and chip alley get bad on a night out (rubbish wise) but it's always gone by 7am, and lets face it, can you name a major city that doesn't have rubbish and the odd fight on a friday and saturday night?? If the city was as bad as this set of images makes out, it wouldn't be a popular place for parties to go to.

for the cost of a bag of chips you'd get a warm bed bed for the night...

tidy

the skill involved in stacking those kebab boxed!!! and how on earth can there be so many kebab boxes?!

So there's quite a few Cardiffians on the boards? I'm not a native, still learning my way around. It's a shame, I would have liked to do the photomarathon thing. Did anyone from here attend this year's?

I did for the first time this year :)

Same here - have had some great nights out there in the past but only visit there for shopping these days, so must be getting old as well :)

I'm with you on that one.
And even then I try to get in early before it gets too busy.
:shake: I really must be getting old.

What's the matter with you both - far to old!
Get out and enjoy it. Cardiff is a great city.
Yep it's a nuthouse on matchday or a Saturday night, but there are some great bars if you know where to look!!

Matchdays are a complete nightmare, but yes I love the city too.
The bay's probably my fave spot for a night out - probably because I lived down there for 10 years, but there are some great bars there.

So there's quite a few Cardiffians on the boards? I'm not a native, still learning my way around. It's a shame, I would have liked to do the photomarathon thing. Did anyone from here attend this year's?

How long have you been here?
(y) I'm sure you're going to love it, it's a great place to live.

No idea that we even had a photomarathon thingy, so you're already one ahead of me on that . . . maybe next year if I've mastered my camera by then.

I did for the first time this year :)

Nice! How was it?
SarahLee, hope to see you there next eyar then :D I've been living here for a year, but becuase I don't drive, all my geographical knowledge is very localised!

Nice! How was it?
SarahLee, hope to see you there next eyar then :D I've been living here for a year, but becuase I don't drive, all my geographical knowledge is very localised!

Was amusing for me- I haven't used film for years. Was looking at the back of the camera after each shot and feeling rather stupid. Really want to see the outcome (exhibition is in July)

Going back to film is SO difficult after you've been spoiled by digital... let us know how the exhibition goes :)

i must be getting old and boring, all i want to know is how he got them in the first place, camera, lens, settings, any flash used etc,etc.

I'm definitely getting too old as I used to go to Cardiff centre most weekends but the last 3 occasions me and my mates have ended up at the bottom of St. Mary street and one of us has been punched every time.

As others have commented most big cities are the same.

I do prefer the bay these days much more sophisticated. :LOL:

Back