Daily Carol's 365 from 12th December 2012 - A Year of Happiness

OMG not entirely sure that I'd be comfortable with those about :LOL:

Do like the hat though

Thanks Sarah :)

There's bloody millions! :LOL:

I know Jake!!! :eek: Try going to the bathroom in the middle of the night with those staring at you from every wall at the top of the stairs!!! :LOL:

Well I actually managed to get out for a good walk today - 2 hours - but as it had been raining all morning everywhere was muddy and wet so wandered around the area taking shots of anything I could and ended up back at the Lake. It was quite busy on there today with all kinds of birds and got quite a few good ones but loved this Swan. The reason I chose this one and changed it to Mono is because, many years ago my Dad took a similar photo of a solitary Swan and his was done with film and was also Mono. I loved that photo so much and when I saw this one I had taken I decided to try to do the same effect.... not as good a my Dad's but I liked it :)

150313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Heres a couple of fun ones as well:

Making a run from the crazy camera lady:

150313 outtake by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Are you STILL here???? :

150313 outtake (1) by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

I really like outtake (1)

Sorry it's not your choice, but it would've been mine ;)

Thanks Sarah :) It's okay to like one I hadnt chosen :) I thought it was quite funny as all the others birds had flown off the rail but he decided to run along it :LOL:

Wrestling figures wow so many eek!!

Swans lovely but I'm agreeing with Sarah I love out take 1 it's ace

He is looking right at you too - fancy having the nerve to pap him :LOL:
Misread the outtake number and thought you meant the one of the bird running :LOL: think I need ot get these glasses checked :LOL: Yes he looked right at me as if to say ' YOU!!! Again!!!' :LOL:

Wrestling figures wow so many eek!!

Swans lovely but I'm agreeing with Sarah I love out take 1 it's ace

Thanks T - yes WAAAAAAY too many but he thinks they are great :thumbsdown:

I like out-take 1 too - because of the way he's looking at you!

Must try and get some swan shots this year. Lovely birds - there are two places near me where we always see them.

I saw this flower and just loved the brightness of the blue on such a grey day :)

160313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

This is the church in the Cemetery that I often visit for some of my photos - well actually not just a church but converted to a Crematorium but couldnt really put the old Crem could I? :|

170313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Thanks Sarah and Kev :)

I really like the last one Carol. Looks almost like you've flipped the photo. If it wasn't for the bench or the tree on the left, I'd have thought you did! Very symmetrical.

Thansk Toni :) No that is how it is looking up from the Rose Garden (wanted a side shot but there was a funeral on so didnt like to stand there shooting away :( )

Wonderful to finally get my arse into your thread to have a good catch up :D you've been really busy in my absence, nice to see the black stuff still in use by some DJ's (y) though it would not be practical for the work that we do :eek: as much as we would love to, your flower photo's are very good, really brighten up the day, though on some of them I would have liked to have seen a broader DoF, and some cracking bird photos (y) particularly like gull looking right at you in the line up :D

Pretty blue flowers, though I find the black thing in the background a bit distracting.

Love the square crop on the crematorium. :)

Carol - I'm running through my catch up of everyone elses photos (tend to do it top down from whatever thread is up there) and was doing OK, but you have put a spanner in the works!! SO many really great ones here and such variety that I do not have time to comment on all right now as bed beckons, but you have a great set here and I will be back to re-view these tomorrow! (y):)

Thanks Jake, Matt, Lynn, Sam and Sarah :)

Is it Crocus or Croci when there are a few of them? hmmmm something to check out :D

Well if it isnt one thing it is another....... Sunday started with the migraine from hell - I dont get the headaches just jagged flashing lines going across my eyes (even when they are closed) - it can either take 10 minutes or a few hours to clear but this one is still going three days later :( Been to the doctors and they have given me something to stop the constant sicky feeling and painkillers but now I have to go to the opticians :(

So the past two days are fillers really from previous days

180313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

This was a busy day on the lake - Geese, Swans, Ducks MoorHens - he lot were there so caught them all

190313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Day 100 already! Nearly 4 months into the challenge though it hasnt been much of a challenge for me for the past few weeks as not really been able to get out much so you have been stuck with loads of photos of birds and flowers from me :( Hopefully over the next two thirds I should be able to get out more - and should be able to drag OH out of the house as well to drive me to further afield spots - he hates the cold as much as me

Oh How I love these little birds and they are now regular visitors to the garden and feeder if only for the Fatballs :) They come in a set of three but one keeps watch while the other two feed so caught the 'Watcher' this afternoon sitting in the tree outside the window :)

They are like little balls of fluff when they are perched in the tree .... so lovely

200313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

I'm so happy you're back Carol :D Your last 3 are gorgeous but especially #100. Your best bird shot yet!

Lovely catch up Carol - my littlest gets a sicky migraine for days so have a :hug2: I know how horrible they are.

Love the LTT - they really are cute

That LTT shot is your best bird image yet Carol, it's a real corker of an image. We occasionally get these in the work garden, but not at home & we are not allowed to feed the birds at work as it encourages rats apparently. Although I think it's more the fact that we are surrounded by cafes take aways & restaurants :( Shame really as when I was allowed to feed them I had a robin that used to come in & out of the office.

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments .... it does feel good to be back in the land of the crazy again :D

Today I made myself go out - the sun was shining but it was a very cold wind but I walked up to the Rock Gardens (abut 25 mins walk away) had a good look around ad had a robin follow me but never managed to capture him :( but I did manage to find one tree with some blossom on so tried a few shots but the branches were quite high up and the sky managed to blow the photos out :( Ive edited as best I could and I know it isnt my best but this is just to show Sarah that we have got some here as well :)

210313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Ooh, some really nice photos again, Carol - I love the little, round, cute, plumped up birdy! Really nice shot, that one! :)

I also like the composition in Busy Day At The Lake...the way those Canadian Geese (?) are both looking in the same direction at something works for me!

And....yay for blossom!!!! :D

Yay for the blossom :D Ours has mostly gone now, the next will be the citrus fruits - not very spectacular to look at but OMG the smell :D

I thought about you today as I read Metro - article about bird behaviour specifying the LTT!!

I searched for it on their site bit can't find it so....

"Birds don't give up the ghost if their eggs or chicks are eaten - they go off to help others. Long-tailed tits often become 'redirected helpers' at nearby nests, feeding the young of other birds. Most of these helpers are male, according to the study by Sheffield University." (Metro, 22/3/13)

I thought that was quite sweet! :)

Ooh, some really nice photos again, Carol - I love the little, round, cute, plumped up birdy! Really nice shot, that one! :)

I also like the composition in Busy Day At The Lake...the way those Canadian Geese (?) are both looking in the same direction at something works for me!

And....yay for blossom!!!! :D

Thanks Sam :)

I like the blossom shot Carol, the flowers have edges to them, so not blown out at all, just the lovely white they are meant to be.

Thanks Sarah - was hoping they would be ok but just in case i 'borrowed' a small twig of buds to bring home

You may be feeding those LTT's out of your hand by the end of the challenge ;)

Thanks Kenny :) Now that would be a good shot :)

Yay for the blossom :D Ours has mostly gone now, the next will be the citrus fruits - not very spectacular to look at but OMG the smell :D
Citrus blossom - beautiful and would love o be able to smell them

This tree is one of the wonderful trees in the Rock Gardens - I just love the pattern in the trunk(s)

220313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

I cheated a bit as I 'borrowed' a small twig of Blossom Buds to bring home and see if I could get some better shots of it and here they are :)

Did one as a normal shot with 35- 80mm and then one in Macro

DAY 103 - BLOSSOM TWIG

230313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

DAY 104 - BLOSSOM IN MACRO

240313 by CTB SNAPS, on Flickr

Back