Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

That's very sad.
Image full of character.

Not sure how on earth everyone captures their cats. Hard enough to get mine to A.) Sit still and B.) look at the camera.

Had the tripod set up to take some shots of model cars this evening and you know the phrase... Curiosity killed...

So I grabbed a couple of shots while I could! Couldnt get her to look at the camera directly but this was the best I got! shame she wasn't in a more relaxed pose

751A8189.jpg

Don't often get the oportunity to do stuff like this but really need to learn how to use remote flash and flash more generally.

The first is a bit "shiny" I need to work out how to reduce that quickly in lightroom, toning down the blacks didn't work that well and highlights lost too much of the other fur detail, but the rest I am happy with.

5G4A8648.jpg5G4A8651.jpg5G4A8653.jpg5G4A8656.jpg5G4A8657.jpg

Meet Jess. Not the friendliest cat ever, but maybe the laziest.

478bb5d0c2b893c9e03df5f48b1f.JPG

This thread is too quiet so I'm sharing my favourite photo of our handsome black rescue cat blending into the dark background. His eye contact says it all - "what are you doing crawling around down there?"

Yellow Eyes by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

We lost him to illness at the age of 15 a few days after Christmas and I miss him terribly, but we do still have his brother, who is almost identical but with green eyes.

Back