Census 2021 Questions?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
What??????
....................................... is all that about? Whatever happened to name, where were you born, thank you very much!

New questions

Census 2021 will have new questions which are more relevant to the society we live in today. For the first time we will be asking people aged 16 years and over a question on sexual orientation. In the household section, we will be asking a new question on renewable energy systems.

Changes to existing questions
We’re making a few changes to questions too, for example, the ethnic group question has been updated to reflect the growth of particular ethnic groups within Northern Ireland since 2011.

Removing questions
We do not want to ask you any more questions than we need to, so we also take some away when they’re no longer needed. That’s why we no longer ask you about things like whether or not you’ve got an outside toilet, as we did from 1951 to 1991.

This time, we will not be asking how many rooms are in your house, or what year you last worked.

About the census: About Census 2021 - Census 2021

New questions

Census 2021 will have new questions which are more relevant to the society we live in today. For the first time we will be asking people aged 16 years and over a question on sexual orientation.
Seeing as the number of sexual orientations seems to be growing, I think I will invent a new one. ;)

Seeing as the number of sexual orientations seems to be growing, I think I will invent a new one. ;)

Further new questions could be:-

1. Are you a deviant - [a] YES NO Only tick box [a] OR

2. If you have ticked box b do to intend to become one YES / NO

:LOL:

Last edited:

They may well already be in circulation given the rate at which things are going - "Aromantic", "Incel", "Allosexual", "Androsexual", "Autosexual", "Autormoantic",

Last edited:
Reminds me of the questionnaire in Tom Sharpe's Indecent Exposure.

They may well already be in circulation given the rate at which things are going - "Aromantic", "Incel", "Allosexual", "Androsexual", "Autosexual", "Autormoantic",
I'd have thought the useful question is (a) do you have XX or XY chromosomes and (b) do you prefer people to think you have the other sort?

They well already be in circulation given the rate at which things are going - "Aromantic", "Incel", "Allosexual", "Androsexual", "Autosexual", "Autormoantic",
You gotta love this genuine ad on Amazon

Untitled3.jpg

I'd have thought the useful question is (a) do you have XX or XY chromosomes and (b) do you prefer people to think you have the other sort?

If only life was so simple.
All three athletes on the podium in Rio 2016 for the women's 800m medals had the 46 XY DSD condition. The other athletes did not stand a chance.

If only life was so simple.
That's why I suggested the two questions. As to the Rio decision, it seems to me that, if athletes are separated by sex, then the separation should be exclusively on their chromosomal identity. Anything else appears to be unfair to the other competitors.

Last edited:
That and Riotous Assembly two of the funniest books I've ever read, don't know how they would go down knower days.

Very pleased (and a touch surprised, if I'm honest!) to see that they're still available on Amazon.

Very pleased (and a touch surprised, if I'm honest!) to see that they're still available on Amazon.
A very long time ago (1980, I think) I didn't sell Mr Sharpe a microcomputer. I only worked out who he was when he started typing a bit of Wilt on the machine I was showing him. My main memory of him was that he seemed excessively tall!

I think I may be piscisexual, as I used to spend a lot of my time trying to pull large carp.

I've just completed the census.

The questions that seem to be making people excitable were all voluntary,
I've only had a note to say it's coming soon.

Sexual orientation - Jedi
Religion - Jedi
How many windows in your house - Jedi
Colour of your last pee - Jedi

For the 2001 Census my son answered Jedi for religion as he understood that it would then become an official religion. Almost 0.9% o the population stated Jedi over 390,000 people (the 4th most popular religion) but it was then not officially recognised as a religion.

Dave

Sexual orientation - Jedi
Religion - Jedi
How many windows in your house - Jedi
Colour of your last pee - Jedi

Yeah I make that a £1K fine. It's an offence to give false information on a census form - although this doesn't apply to religion so all the Jedis are safe.

I suppose one might be attracted only to the Jedi, especially if one follows the Jedi belief system. Not so sure that Jedi is either a number or a colour though. Might reduce the fine a touch.

I thought the religion of choice for the non religious was Pastafarian.

Personally I prefer to state No Religion.

I thought the religion of choice for the non religious was Pastafarian.

Personally I prefer to state No Religion.
No one's business but your own in my opinion. I'll be leaving all such questions blank or simply other.

I hope this census isn't going to lead to discrimination against those who are bi-religious, or just curious about being religious?

Agnostic pantheist.

Could be worse, I could be try-sexual!

Yeah I make that a £1K fine. It's an offence to give false information on a census form - although this doesn't apply to religion so all the Jedis are safe.

But in my language Jedi IS all those things!

I did an OU course in Humanism recently but not sure what I will put on the Census form; I was Atheist last few times but Agnostic before that.

Dave

Back