Charlie's 52 for 2010- you suggest the theme

Name
charlie robinson
Edit My Images
No
Here it is, i'm going to do a 52 for 2010, but i'd like to ask you to suggest themes.

bit of background on me:

Age 20, shoot predominantly motorsports, although will try my hand at anything. Live in the heart of the cotswolds, very much a country based household, lots of shooting, hunting, cocker spaniels etc etc

I'd like (if you would) YOU to copy and paste this list, and add a theme please (first come first served, no fighting or hair pulling please), and i shall post up my shot on the sunday of every week (bugger, that's tomorrow!!!)

January
3rd: Love- drfrallyphotos
10th: Sunny-kapawayna
17th: Breakfast (because I'm eating mine now!)- Shelby Tree
24th: Depression - Rally-Media
31st: Your choice- CGeezer

February
7th: Greed...- Greedier
14th: Heartbreak - Romantic Rally-Media
21st: birthdays-YV (should be easy ish, it;s my mum's b'day same date)
28th: "joy"- MagicMynx

March:
7th: personality- Violet1991
14th:
21st:
28th:

April:
4th:
11th:
18th:
25th:

May:
2nd: caravan- BobsBabes
9th: Water - Briony
16th: Hollywood - clud17
23rd:
30th

June:
6th: sunset- SaudimadGeoffrey
13th:
20th:
27th: Something related to Racquet Sports (start of Wimbledon)- ProG77

July:
4th:
11th:
18th:
25th:

August:
1st: Gadget....- Greedier
8th:
15th: bloody hope we are COBINING by now- JimB
22nd: Could I have a PURPLE themed shot please?-SarahLee, sure can, it;s my birthday on the 24th!!
29th:

September:
5th: Cultivating- Farmer JimB
12th: shaggy dog-BobsBabes
19th: Friends- drfrallyphotos
26th: Birthday- foggy4ever

October:
3rd:
10th:
17th:
24th:
31st:

November:
7th: Fireworks - Briony
14th:
21st: predator- audimadgeoff
28th:

December:
5th:
12th:
19th:
26th:

Thanks Alot and look forward to seeing if this works, and I can keep to it :bang:

Cheers
Charlie :thinking::D:D

Last edited:
stitch up Wayne, knowing my luck it'll rain all day!!

thanks for the input people, Really appreciated!
know.. love..hmmmmmmmm

Thanks Michelle and Scott, Assuming Michelle is a relation of the foul mouthed Midwinter of shipton!!?? ha

Jumping from an aeroplane and taking photos of the plane as you drop. Or exhaust.

Your choice 31/01

:)

Cracking idea :clap:

Jun 27th - Something related to Racquet Sports (start of Wimbledon!). Doesn't necessarily have to be tennis themed, but any sport that involves a racquet. Ta.
Good luck!

Hi Charlie.

(y) Great idea for your challenge.
Request for 22nd August because that's the week of my birthday. Could I have a purple themed shot please?

Wow, what a co-incidence. My wife's birthday is that same week and she is mad about purple too! Shall be looking out for the image!

Right, really dissapointed with the 1st shot for this, had one hell of a couple of days, culminating in my grandfather being admitted to hospital last night where he'll see out his few days left!
rushed something together, a subject i love over christmas, and it's the only time of year i get to eat them!!

January
3rd: Love- drfrallyphotos:

Copyof1-52.jpg

Not massively creative i know, but i love the texture from the box, and the light!
taken with my new tamron 17-50 2.8 @ f/2.8 on 40d.
strobist info: House lamp directed straight at subject!!

Cheers
Charlie

(Thanks for the suggestions so far folks, should be fun trying to shoot some of the things your suggesting!)

Sarcy git Marcos!!

Anytime in August - Combining.
Anytime in September - Cultivating.

:cool:

7th feb photography
2nd may -caravan
10th sept shaggy dog

hugs about your grandad

Thanks folks, Any C+C on todays image?

BobRachelBob- Thans for the comment, one of those things in life you have to deal with at some point, just never nice!

7th Feb has gone, 10th sept is not a date i'm doing, however will put you in for 5th sept if that's ok?

Last edited:
I was just thinking how good that image is Charlie. It could easily be used in their next sales drive. Has a very warm feeling and great lighting and I really hope that is NOT an empty box you are shooting :LOL:

Thanks for the PM john!

The shot was of an empty box, and the lighting was with a new lamp in our living room, has 3 seperate high power lamps, all 3 adjustable, just fired it right up and saw what came out, that image was the 2nd of about 8 i shot!

Your pic shows what can be done with your surroundings when your feeling creative..

Chocolate can relate to love in so many ways and i think you've captured that within the pic with its warm colours.

Rav

Feb 28th, do "personality" - edit... MagicMynx posted at almost the same time as me lol, march 7th instead

I had fun doing that word for one of my 365 pics!

Vi x

Last edited:
January
3rd: Love- drfrallyphotos
10th: Sunny-kapawayna
17th: Breakfast (because I'm eating mine now!)- Shelby Tree
24th: Depression - Rally-Media
31st: Your choice- CGeezer

February
7th: Greed...- Greedier
14th: Heartbreak - Romantic Rally-Media
21st: birthdays-YV (should be easy ish, it;s my mum's b'day same date)
28th:

March:
7th:
14th:
21st:
28th:

April:
4th:
11th:
18th:
25th:

May:
2nd: caravan- BobsBabes
9th: Water - Briony
16th: Hollywood - clud17
23rd:
30th

June:
6th:
13th:
20th:
27th: Something related to Racquet Sports (start of Wimbledon)- ProG77

July:
4th:
11th:
18th:
25th:

August:
1st: Gadget....- Greedier
8th:
15th: bloody hope we are COBINING by now- JimB
22nd: Could I have a PURPLE themed shot please?-SarahLee, sure can, it;s my birthday on the 24th!!
29th:

September:
5th: Cultivating- Farmer JimB
12th: shaggy dog-BobsBabes
19th: Friends- drfrallyphotos
26th: Birthday- foggy4ever

October:
3rd:
10th:
17th:
24th:
31st:

November:
7th: Fireworks - Briony
14th:
21st:
28th:

December:
5th:
12th:
19th:
26th:

cheers dan!

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks, 'cracking' as our favourite lady from Barry Island would say!
List updated, but keep 'em coming!! :)

March 7th: Busty

My birthday so please don't disappoint :nono: :nuts:

Righty ho then folks, here's no2 of my 52, theme: Sunny (thanks to Kapawayna)

as the sun was going down on our days snow play, i suddenly thought.. '****.... my 52!!'

not a fan of angled shots but didn't have any time to move to get the shot, so had to twist a little!

2-1.jpg

Let me know what you think

Regards
Charlie

PS: there's still loads of themes left for you to suggest, get involved and see the outcome!

Not too keen on this Charlie. I don't think the angled composition really adds anything to the shot and I think the sledger is too dark to draw the eye in...

Not sure how to improve it personally - colours are good but maybe a bit of a straighten (bit too extreme) and a bit of fill flash to bring out the main focus point?

DB

got to agree dave, fill flash would have worked a treat! DOH
live and learn and all that!

Hi Charlie,

Good to see this getting off the ground, you seem to have enough themes to keep you going for the first 2 months now.

I think you're downplaying how creative your week No.1 shot is.
OK I'm biased because they're my favourite chocs, but I still think you've done well with it.
Unusual angle, good lighting and I love the warm gold and brown tones. It might be a simple subject, but I like this one very much (y)

:thinking: Week 2 I'm not too sure about.

The things I really like about it are the reflection of the sunset on the snow (beautiful quality of light and stunning colours :love:) and the silhouette of the fence through the middle of the shot with the shadows extending out onto the ground.
You've captured both of these perfectly.

The main subject isn't really working for me though (sorry)
Too much detail to work as a silhouette, but too dark to really catch my eye.
I know it was one of those shots that you grab while you can, but for me the composition isn't quite there either. I'm finding the angle too extreme and the sledder too close to the LHS - he looks about to disappear off the edge of the frame.

All the elements for a potentially brilliant shot are there but they just haven't quite come together this time. Just slightly different timing and framing and I think you would have been there.

Keep going though - I'm really looking forward to seeing week 3.

I know I've already picked a theme for you, but if I'm allowed to choose a second I'll throw a bit of a wild card in for 14th March - the theme is to be "whatever is chosen for the main 52 that week"
Thought I'd give you one week where you'll get a bit of a surprise and not be able to prepare too far in advance :LOL:

Last edited:
Back