weekly ChickenDipa's 52 week 2012 Colour + Shadow added

Hi Alex, well done for getting 3 done on a busy week!!

#1 is my favourite it shows good DOF and is a nice clean shot.

I had thought about doing a cashpoint machine with PIN screen on but wasnt brave enough to take shots outside the bank at night.

I'm looking forward to next weeks theme and your take on it!

1 Paper format and 2 IT format, how times change.

They're well exposed and I'm liking the compositions.

Of the 3, it's #2 for me. I like the letterbox format.

Cheers.

I'm trying to catch up...sigh. sorry,
sigh, I like the close crop. You can almost hear the ice cracking which in itself could be a sigh of relief from the ice. Nice thought about cracking open a drink at the end of a day.
I like the sweet 2. The sugar spirals just look nice.
Of the secure pics I quite like the long crop of the ipad unlock slide. I think its an unusual take on the theme.

Hi Alex...'pologies for not popping by for so long :crying:

Sweet....love that 1st image...great colors , simple ,effective layout & nice white BG....great work :clap:

Secure...of the 3 it's #3 that gets my vote....good take on the theme...nice n sharp...love it :clap:

hope to finally meet up with you at the YSP next weekend :wave:

Thanks for the latest comments. Number 1 really grew on me and I really didnt think it would could out as anything worthwhile.

Industry is forming in my head, very slowly this week. Must be the cold. I have a couple of ideas and then an indoory idea which I am hoping to capture over the weekend. Do not want to fall behind!

Good shot, but it's a shame the lady in pink is looking at the camera perhaps?

Yeah she caught me trying to be discrete with my photo taking.

As I said it was on my phone so not going to do much with it and hope to capture a proper Industry shot over the weekend. This one is just a tasty shot :)

I am, apparently, the ONLY person in the UK who doesn't like donuts, so it's not making me lick my lips!

Looking forward to your "proper" shot; you've put yourself under pressure now!

My brother doesnt like them either! You are not alone. Its strange as he eats most things.

I know! Pressure pressure. There maybe a very good opportunity presenting itself tomorrow so fingers crossed this time tomorrow it will be nailed :D

Last edited:
Hi, there. I quite like industry #1, and the lady In Pink adds to the photograph.

Neon lights workshop....:thinking:...do explain??

Industry for sure. I'd like to see a closer photograph of the lights...suspect it would be an exposure nightmare :eek:

Cheers.

Neon lights workshop....:thinking:...do explain??

Industry for sure. I'd like to see a closer photograph of the lights...suspect it would be an exposure nightmare :eek:

Cheers.

It was a Groupon purchase, turns out there is a Neon Light 'factory' in Wakefield and they run some workshops to share the joy of their industry.
Linky

I went along and watched, there was not loads in the workshop to take shots of but this machine and table took my fancy. Jon learnt how to fire and bend glass, how the glass is then filled with gas and what the different gasses do (amongst other stuff). Would recommend it, all very interesting.

I managed to get this one

Industry 7 by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

Generally the lights didnt work overly well. If given time and space would have probably done a better job but I had to remember it was not about me!! :bonk:

Last edited:
Hi Alex

Industry - good place to be - modern industry too .. #2 for me with the bright lights - maybe would not have cropped out the clock upper right.
Individual sign is well taken

Root - #1 and#3 look a bit washed out on my monitor. #2 has better shadow position. Cannot decide whether the orange leaf is a bonus or distraction but on balance I think it adds to the colour pallette in an area of similar hues.

Hi Alex

Industry - good place to be - modern industry too .. #2 for me with the bright lights - maybe would not have cropped out the clock upper right.
Individual sign is well taken

Root - #1 and#3 look a bit washed out on my monitor. #2 has better shadow position. Cannot decide whether the orange leaf is a bonus or distraction but on balance I think it adds to the colour pallette in an area of similar hues.

I was a bit mad at cropping the clock out but unfortunately didnt have the time and freedom to retake much of what I had taken and wanted to focus on the machine (and lights). Would love to go on a day when the professionals at work, imagine you could get some really good ones.

Know what you mean about #1 and #3, looked ok before uploading to Flickr . May have a mess around with them but I am liking #2 myself too.

Thanks for commenting!

#3 for me and them are some gnarly roots :D

I like the B&W conversion. I'd prefer a closer crop to loss the LH side. I think f5 was a little shallow..the roots on the RH 3rd are slightly OOF.

Cheers and well done for getting in early doors...(y)

#3 for me and them are some gnarly roots :D

I like the B&W conversion. I'd prefer a closer crop to loss the LH side. I think f5 was a little shallow..the roots on the RH 3rd are slightly OOF.

Cheers and well done for getting in early doors...(y)

It was quite strange coming across this uprooted tree. The only one in the wood we were in. All the others had the roots firmly under the ground.

Glad you said about the out of focus, I thought my eyes were going funny or I had something on my glasses.

nice shots Alex, like the edit version number 1

Thanks for the comments. I still cant decide which I like best.

I really like number two with the neon lights - it's the juxtaposition of colour and the greyness of the rhs that makes it for me.

Phil

Oh I'm a bit behind here!

Doughnuts, yum! Not a bad shot for a phone.

For your neon shots, u like no 2. In B&W I was trying to figure out what was glowing!

I looked at your first root shot and thought it should be in portrait as the roots flat along the right makes it seem like its lying flat. But the wider shot with the tree in the background helps straighten things up for me. I also prefer the lighting in number two.

I really like number two with the neon lights - it's the juxtaposition of colour and the greyness of the rhs that makes it for me.

Phil

Thanks, I am liking that one too.

The edited black and version of the root photos for me, agree with Andy on the crop. Industry, can't decide between the 2 light pics, they both work well.

Think I am going to go with the wider industry shot that shows it all. Says more about that industry.

Thanks for the roots comments. Feel so long ago when I took them now, roll on the next theme!

Oh I'm a bit behind here!

Doughnuts, yum! Not a bad shot for a phone.

For your neon shots, u like no 2. In B&W I was trying to figure out what was glowing!

I looked at your first root shot and thought it should be in portrait as the roots flat along the right makes it seem like its lying flat. But the wider shot with the tree in the background helps straighten things up for me. I also prefer the lighting in number two.

Thanks! The doughnuts were yummy. Must not go there too often :)

Thanks also for the roots comments, I keep thinking I am just not happy with any of them but nevermind. Not all weeks will work out!

I think #2 works best Alex. As has been mentioned, it puts it more in context with being able to see an upright/rooted tree in the background.
The orange leaf adds a little splash of colour.
Not long until the new theme is posted :D

I think #2 works best Alex. As has been mentioned, it puts it more in context with being able to see an upright/rooted tree in the background.
The orange leaf adds a little splash of colour.
Not long until the new theme is posted :D

Thanks, I think thats the one I am going with for this week.

I would say I am looking forward to the new theme but I think I'll end up regretting that!! :LOL:

Hi Alex

love your 2nd shot for Industry...those light colors hit the spot for me & make Industry seem really interesting (y)

Root...nice set of imahes & very unsual find...think Posiview mentioned the slight oofness ...think it's #2 for me...nice spot of color in the leaf & the tree in the background make it work :clap:

Wow. The colour industry is fab. I think I'll have to go there for a go at that.
I think the root 3 edit is the best. Lots of detail and some nice tones.

Back