weekly ChickenDipa's 52 week 2012 Colour + Shadow added

There's a lot of conditions on that blinking form

I know, surprised you are allowed to breathe! We'll have our happy faces on so when we are asking if we 'can take a photo because you may get into the back of a shot we are going to take from way over there' we should get a good success rate.

HI Alex :wave:

Handmade....lovely shot , great color,,focus...agree with Blakesters comments in full (y)

Money....yup , simple , to the point , like the framing , crease's work as well (y)

Best of luck at Crufts...would be great to see some shots from there :)

HI Alex :wave:

Handmade....lovely shot , great color,,focus...agree with Blakesters comments in full (y)

Money....yup , simple , to the point , like the framing , crease's work as well (y)

Best of luck at Crufts...would be great to see some shots from there :)

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the comments :D

Looking forward to Crufts, hoping to get some nice doggy pictures or at least have fun trying! I will be sure to share what we get.

Hey Alex.

Good shot for money, bang on theme and creases work for me too :)

Thank you, glad the creases are getting positive feedback!

Last edited:
Handmade – Nicely composed and I like the background colour which is complimented by the colour of the handles and beads

Money - Nice one. The crop works well and it's been well lit

Win, Great narrative behind these and I'm liking the bold composition in the last one.

#2 stood out for me straight away. Can't beat chillin' dogs, can't beat them.

I think I'm developing OCD for symmetry...I'd like to see #2 a tad to the right to get the dividers (?) more symmetrical.

I thought the guy at the very top of #2 would bother me but I actually think it adds to the photograph.

Cheers...

Last edited:
Shiny....ooooooo liking the bunnies....:D

I feel they are quite cluttered. Of the 3, I'm going for #3 because it's the simplest.

Closer....maybe. Some real potential for unusual reflections in the bunny.

Cheers.

Hi Alex,

Win - I can't decide between the first 2, I like the colour of the first but showing the dogs tells more of a story and of course shows dogs!!:):)

Shiny - I thought that rabbit would make an appearance this week!!:) The first one makes a lovely Easter pic you just need to add a few eggs (and stop Terry from eating them!!) It would be good to see a close up showing the daffodil in the rabbits head though

#3 for me too Alex. It has a simple composition which works well. As said above, a lot of potential for different reflections on the rabbit. Almost a self portrait, I can just about make you out in the reflection. Good work on posting three different images. Iain

Hi,

Not been here for a while, apologies, finding it hard to get round all the threads,

Win.... I prefer the second shot with tho dogs in, I would like to see that in full colour.

Shiny...congrats on finding something to photograph, nice take on the theme.

Matt

Win, Great narrative behind these and I'm liking the bold composition in the last one.

#2 stood out for me straight away. Can't beat chillin' dogs, can't beat them.

I think I'm developing OCD for symmetry...I'd like to see #2 a tad to the right to get the dividers (?) more symmetrical.

I thought the guy at the very top of #2 would bother me but I actually think it adds to the photograph.

Cheers...

The dogs are my fav. Know what you mean about the dividers, not sure why I did not line it up in the first place. Will look at slicing a little more off.

Shiny....ooooooo liking the bunnies....:D

I feel they are quite cluttered. Of the 3, I'm going for #3 because it's the simplest.

Closer....maybe. Some real potential for unusual reflections in the bunny.

Cheers.

I wanted to do some more of the bunny but I was loosing light quickly that night. I wanted some garden clutter as I wanted a scene rather than a straight forward shot. Maybe should have done simple. Was meant to do more last night but the hour in the pub after work turned into 4 and was too tired to do them when I did eventually get in!

Thanks for the comments Andy!

Hi Alex,

Win - I can't decide between the first 2, I like the colour of the first but showing the dogs tells more of a story and of course shows dogs!!:):)

Shiny - I thought that rabbit would make an appearance this week!!:) The first one makes a lovely Easter pic you just need to add a few eggs (and stop Terry from eating them!!) It would be good to see a close up showing the daffodil in the rabbits head though

I like #1, says win but #2 with the dogs seems to be popular of course! They were great looking dogs too.

Good thinking of the reflection, may get the bunny out again this wee and avoid magical and do more shiny!!

#3 for me too Alex. It has a simple composition which works well. As said above, a lot of potential for different reflections on the rabbit. Almost a self portrait, I can just about make you out in the reflection. Good work on posting three different images. Iain

Just need to decided which one will be shiny for me. Hopefully we'll have a 'reflection' week and I can go to town on it :D Thanks for commenting

Hi,

Not been here for a while, apologies, finding it hard to get round all the threads,

Win.... I prefer the second shot with tho dogs in, I would like to see that in full colour.

Shiny...congrats on finding something to photograph, nice take on the theme.

Matt

No need to apologise! It is hard to get round everyone.

I did want to show it in colour but the colours were not working for me. Took it on my compact and it did not handle the lighting too well in the halls so had to go B&W. Thanks for stopping by :)

Win
Has to be number 2 for me, 2 lovely dogs, wonder if some SC would add to the shot.

Shiny
Number 3 for me. simple and effective. crys out shiny.

Thanks, I'm not a fan of SC its not something I wanted to do though it is one of the first shots that has had me pondering over it.

Win - another vote for no.2 for me.

Shiny - 3rd shot is my preference but am loving the idea of the 2nd shot too :)

Thank you! No. 2 I think it will be then for win.

I keep coming back to #2, he just had to get his big brown feet in the way :LOL:

hi Alex

Win - Got to be number 2, can understand why you went for b/w those benches are a horrid green and battered, just love the expressions of the dogs (sussex aren't they?)

Shiny - i like no 2 the rabbit really stands out and i like the movement in the dog, just a pity you couldn't have got him to step over so you got his belly reflected

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

I think number 3's my favourite of these, lovely and clean and a nice sense of humour in the shot too :)

3rd shot for me as well, a closer crop would work as well.

Thanks, I may do some more work on shiny so will keep it in mind.

hi Alex

Win - Got to be number 2, can understand why you went for b/w those benches are a horrid green and battered, just love the expressions of the dogs (sussex aren't they?)

Shiny - i like no 2 the rabbit really stands out and i like the movement in the dog, just a pity you couldn't have got him to step over so you got his belly reflected

They do look scruffy. They are indeed Sussex. Tried to get springers but the area they were in was particularly dark and the judging was stopped due to someone falling and dislocating their hip so that seemed to slow up the certificates.

I wanted to do more with Terry in shot but after this one, he was either nose in my face and up the lens or just being awkward! Was getting far to excited so abandoned that idea!

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

I think number 3's my favourite of these, lovely and clean and a nice sense of humour in the shot too :)

Thanks, I was like that with mine. Try not to look/post until I'm happy with my idea! Some times means late commenting week.

Hi Liz

looks like you had a great time at Crufts (y)....#1 for me...to the point & great colors...:)

Shiny...#3 for me....simple & uncluttered... & liking your reflection (y)

Crufts was super, so many doggies. Jon has posted a couple more dog ones on Flickr somewhere.

Thanks for the comments. Just waiting for that magical inspiration for this weeks theme :)

Win - You just have to love #2. The addition of the dogs helps tell the story. Nice one.

Shiny - #2 for me. I like the addition of Terry and just the right amount of motion blur.

Win - You just have to love #2. The addition of the dogs helps tell the story. Nice one.

Shiny - #2 for me. I like the addition of Terry and just the right amount of motion blur.

Thanks for the comments, sorry I missed them.

Was pleased with #2 (shiny) as it was not planned at all! Nice how some shots just happen.

Magical - was stuck with this one, did have another idea but did not have enough time to prep. So Lego and my pet bunny Anna came into play

I took quite a few of these but this was the best one in terms of exposure and focus. Shame the tips of her ears are missing but I think its ok.

Rabbit out of a hat, when magic goes wrong by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

My little Lego character Arty the Magician

Arty the Lego Magician by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

Thanks for the comments, it wasnt an ideal set up but by the time I was happy with it my model was ready to leap from the table! So had to go with what I had. I did start to clone the chair out but it was taking a while!

Vice - idea 1 Gambling, went to the dogs for a night out and I had my S3100 with me so got a couple of shots. Took a while to dawn on me that this could be a suitable take on the theme so was a bit of a rush towards the end of the night. I tried some dog shots but it was too foggy and it was actually cancelled due to lack of visibility! I have another idea and hoping to do that that tomorrow so will see how that works out.

Vice 1 by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

Vice 2 by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

Vice 6 by ChickenDipa, on Flickr

#2 & #3 for me, on theme and good composition - #1 is spoiled by the large column on the left.

I tried cropping it out, then it was back in and then it was out and in! The picture seemed small without it and with it in I felt like I was peering in on what was going on. I know what you mean though, I am still undecided about it.

Thanks for commenting gramps :)

Hi Alex, I'm tied between #1 and #3. The pillar is a little distracting but it might look odd without it! #3 is prob a better one to show the theme but I prefer the atmospere of #1!!:)

Magical - I like #1. As has been said it's a pity about the ears but the image made me smile.

Vice - Nice set with #3 being my favourite for the theme.

Back