Chroma - Lasercut Acrylic 4x5 Field Camera

I’ve corrected my FB posts as well as the VirginMoney donation page and will sort out IG. Unfortunately, I can’t edit the Kickstarter update after its’ sent so that will have to be left. The guy himself even agrees that he’s got an awkward name for it!
Maybe next KS post?

That green does look cool though...
Can we choose a colour and have black lens boards?.

I haven’t offered it as an option because the lens boards are cut out of the same 3mm acrylic sheet as the camera parts but I’m sure I could supply some Pre-cut black vinyl if you wanted to stick it over the coloured acrylic.

Actually, ignore that, I’m talking rubbish (as usual!). By design there is a black vinyl backing on all of the lens boards as an extra light seal so you can decide whether to have a black or colour-coded lens board when you fit your lens. The pinhole board is the same.

I haven’t offered it as an option because the lens boards are cut out of the same 3mm acrylic sheet as the camera parts but I’m sure I could supply some Pre-cut black vinyl if you wanted to stick it over the coloured acrylic.

No, it's fine, I just wondered.

Actually, ignore that, I’m talking rubbish (as usual!). By design there is a black vinyl backing on all of the lens boards as an extra light seal so you can decide whether to have a black or colour-coded lens board when you fit your lens. The pinhole board is the same.
:LOL:
Ok, thanks.

I trust you'll be sending round the boy with a sample book before we're expected to pick?

I'm drawn to the green (which elsewhere on t'internet I see referred to as British Racing Green!) but wondering how it will look with the black.

I was also quite keen on a very dark red, but I fear the bright red might be a bit to conspicious (sic) for me!

As a black and white photographer, I feel that black is the appropriate non-colour; and I have a sneaking feeling that the text jolly well ought to be "Monochroma photographer" :D.

I'm drawn to the green (which elsewhere on t'internet I see referred to as British Racing Green!) but wondering how it will look with the black.

I was also quite keen on a very dark red, but I fear the bright red might be a bit to conspicious (sic) for me!

Sorry Chris. I’ve had a few people asking about a bright red option so I’ve had to try and pick the colours that fit the majority requirement. I reckon British Racing Green would look very classic with the black bellows and steel accents.

Sorry Chris. I’ve had a few people asking about a bright red option so I’ve had to try and pick the colours that fit the majority requirement. I reckon British Racing Green would look very classic with the black bellows and steel accents.

Mrs Nod's XK8 looks very nice in (Jaguar's version of) BRG set against steel coloured wheels and black tyres.

If the hood wasn't green, she might have gone for a fairly lurid purple when she had it resprayed recently but she ended up going for the original green (with a subtle metallic hint) as per the paint code... ;)

Oh! You mean for a Chroma! :D

I’m so tempted by bright sunburst yellow, perfect for blending into the landscape.

Nice one. I'll draw up an example render later today in BRG to give you all an idea of how it will look. :)

I wish I'd known you were going to do that before I chose my colour...which is now not BRG, in case I didn't like it :LOL:

[QUOTE="steveo_mcg, post: 8128451, member: 50874I'll need to ruminate on batman[/QUOTE]

"Must....not....make....the....joke...."

Last edited:
Back