Chroma - Lasercut Acrylic 4x5 Field Camera

RaglanSurf

Forum Idiot'13/14 <span class=poty>FPOTY'17</span>
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
...although I also like the Combo style rollfilm backs that mount the film/takeup spool outside of the main body, which means that they can be fitted underneath a spring back;
That would be fantastic.

RaglanSurf

Forum Idiot'13/14 <span class=poty>FPOTY'17</span>
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
... I did rather expect the red window
I'm sure I've mentioned these before but for everyone that struggles with the red window on cameras I've always used THESE Some films are easier to see than others but using these little red LED keying torches make all films a whole lot easier to see.

Last edited:
Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Being able to tension the film would be a biggy, I had a 6x12 pinhole and missing the number was entirely common but so was the film going slack after a while too.

I'd be okay with either the cambo back or using the magnets to remove the whole thing.

Last edited:

Andysnap

<span class="poty">POTY (Film) 2015</span>
Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Your obviously not red/green colour blind.....

I really struggle with my Ross Ensigns, especially in poor or cloudy light. However I've just shot a roll on my new Voigtlander Bessa 1 and had no problems with it.

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sure I've mentioned these before but for everyone that struggles with the red window on cameras I've always used THESE Some films are easier to see than others but using these little red LED keying torches make all films a whole lot easier to see.
I agree on that, but the dysfunction goes beyond seeing the numbers. Often the knobs are stiff and awkward to turn while holding the camera AND a torch to watch little numbers that, if you miss, mean you might have to waste a frame (or risk overlap). Being able to jig back a little would really help.