Chroma - Lasercut Acrylic 4x5 Field Camera

So, assuming we backed one of these, what else would we need to buy to actually make photos? "Just" a lens, some filmholders and film?

So, assuming we backed one of these, what else would we need to buy to actually make photos? "Just" a lens, some filmholders and film?

All of the cameras will come with two lens boards, one with a pinhole already in place and one blank for your own lens (with the chosen Copal cutout). The only thing you need to get started is a film holder and film [emoji1303]

Cheers bud and yes, this is entirely your fault, so when my wife divorces me because the house is overrun with acrylic...I'm blaming you!

There are articles going out from 35mmc.com, Emulsive.org and KosmoFoto to coincide with the launch and I'm also blaming that chat in the pub in those too, so I've got the proof for the divorce settlement ;)

That's fine, if she kicks you out then you came come live here. I have loads of half finished projects that you can work on :LOL:

It seems that the project is now open for business. Presumably not 6pm UK time?

Anyone (else) backed it yet?

Ok, thats more money I haven't got spent on something I dont really need, thanks Steve..... and Carl. :D

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Bloody good job mate.

Is be very weary about stretch goals I've seen a few good idea sunk by them.

Thanks mate, I appreciate your pledge and Twitter mention [emoji6]

The only goals I’ll be adding are accessories that I’ve already built so I know there are no pitfalls. I’ll add more details to the campaign when they’re ready.

Thanks mate, I appreciate your pledge and Twitter mention [emoji6]

The only goals I’ll be adding are accessories that I’ve already built so I know there are no pitfalls. I’ll add more details to the campaign when they’re ready.

On the other hand if you do get round to a roll film back and a wet plate....

Massive congratulations, Steve. I'd say your biggest risk is getting many many more orders than expected, which would completely change the production process and result in delivery delays. Pity you can't close it early once F&C folk are all in! :)

Well done Steve, never in doubt!

Brilliant, you've smashed it out of the park mate. Less than two hours and it's funded, can I have mine next week please.

Massive congratulations, Steve. I'd say your biggest risk is getting many many more orders than expected, which would completely change the production process and result in delivery delays. Pity you can't close it early once F&C folk are all in! :)

Thanks Chris. I don’t think I’ve felt as nervous as I have today in a long time!

The expected delivery timescales are deliberately pushed out a little bit so I’m hoping to ship before those. Obviously if I get a boatload of orders I’ll look at my assembly line options...that’s what kids are for isn’t it?

Stupid question, especially now you've got my money ;), but what lens boards did you go with or are they custom?

They're Linhof/Wista size so are interchangeable with them ;)

Cool, I'm pretty sure all my other boards are that type too. In fact i think I suggested that way back at the start.

Edit: Yeah I did :p

I would build the front standard around a linhof board and save some work.
Rear tilt is handy for looming type effects, playing around with perspective, but not exactly a requisite.

All of the cameras will come with two lens boards, one with a pinhole already in place and one blank for your own lens (with the chosen Copal cutout). The only thing you need to get started is a film holder and film [emoji1303]

But really, you'd need (want?) a lens. I'm having problems getting my head round LF lenses on fleabay. There doesn't seem to be a good way to search for them: 4*5 gets rejected, and is it 4x5 or 5x4 or LF or Large Format or (more usually AFAICS) nothing LF-specific at all. Then there's those focal lengths... I assume somewhere round 150mm is a "normal" lens?

Then there's cheap versus good... some Polaroid/Tominon lenses for £100 or so, Nikon, Schneider and Rodenstock for £350 and up skywards!!!

Haven't even started thinking about filmholders yet, but assume they'll be cheaper!

Back