CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

I wasn't the driver and it was in a field. Must have been the best part of 40 years ago too.

If we're going to include a London Cab, perhaps we should include a London Cabbie?

London taxi in traffic Olympus XA 1994 20-02.jpg

Is the driver on the 'phone?

Nash Healeys have been shown on a few of the American "Discovery Channel" type shows - American Pickers and Fast and Loud/Gas Monkey being the two that spring to mind. IMO, not the prettiest of Donald Healey's works and certainly not the prettiest from Pinin Farina!

Nash Healeys have been shown on a few of the American "Discovery Channel" type shows - American Pickers and Fast and Loud/Gas Monkey being the two that spring to mind. IMO, not the prettiest of Donald Healey's works and certainly not the prettiest from Pinin Farina!

Hi, it is always difficult to judge classic cars. - In those days, they were seen differently, of course. I have very often the experience that cars I found stylish and modern years ago, when they appeared, look stylistically overloaded and not harmonious now.

And it can also happen that a design becomes more attractive over time. When my Mercedes W126 300 SE came out, many people found it cold, bland and austere, compared to the
predecessor with lots of chrome. Now, many people find the W126 more attractive, also compared to the W140.

Compared to what was on American roads in the 50s, the Nash Healey must have looked sleek, attractive, and Euopean, which was a positive property in those days ... ---

It has four road wheels, two headlights, a steering wheel and is road legal - but is it a car? Graf Carello in Innsbriuck...

Woman driving Graf Carello Mobility Scooter Innsbruck G2 P1170626.jpg

We used to do it in Champs! ;) :cool:

IF I had that plate and the money to splash on a Ferrari (as well as the inclination to have one!), the plate would be on a blue one and not a 599!
(Although I did have R 111 ROC on my Rocket III [but that came and went with the bike!])

An especially important (armoured) car - if someone's shooting at you!

British Army Ferret, preserved at the Yorkshire Air Museum...

Ferret armoured car Yorkshire Air Museum 038010004.jpg

Last edited:
IF I had that plate and the money to splash on a Ferrari (as well as the inclination to have one!), the plate would be on a blue one and not a 599!
(Although I did have R 111 ROC on my Rocket III [but that came and went with the bike!])
If I had the money for a Ferrari I'd buy an Aston Martin. :D

Reactions: Nod
If I had the money for a Ferrari I'd buy an Aston Martin. :D
A car dealer I know, who's had a few supercars through his hands, told me that any mid range Japanese saloon is better designed and a lot better finished... :wideyed:

No doubt but soul less no character like their motorcycles. :D
I like soulless.

I've seen "Christine" and that Herbie's a suspicious character as well, if you ask me... :naughty:

Citroën Coffee Van at Winchester Cathedral

TP_Citroen.jpg

Last edited:
Back