CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Not the prettiest colour for the F-Type!

Not the prettiest colour for the F-Type!

Hi, they seem to use 70s colours, as they do in Germany, the so-called shock-colours, yellow and bright green ...

I like the looks a yellow car, but wouldn't buy it, because it is too conspicuous... ---

Last time I was at the main stealer, they had a few on the forecourt, including one in Italian racing red and one in French racing blue. None in British racing green!

but wouldn't buy it, because it is too conspicuous... ---

I was photogrpahing a kids football match and there was half a dozen mums stood behind me.... other side of rd a bright red sports car turned up and a middle aged bloke got out.. One mum said "here he comes in his mid life crisis car" and they all laughed.... "conspicuous" indeed :)

Last edited:
When Mrs Nod had her XK8, we went to get a pair of tyres fitted. As she was backing the car out of the "shop", a passer by commented that it was brave of me to let her drive. I simply replied that it was kind of her to let me drive HER car occasionally!

Morris Minor Traveller...

Morris Minor Traveller D600 D60_4769.JPG

I was photogrpahing a kids football match and there was half a dozen mums stood behind me.... other side of rd a bright red sports car turned up and a middle aged bloke got out.. One mum said "here he come sin his mid life crisis car" and they all laughed.... "conspicuous" indeed :)

Hi, being 72, I should buy a car in a "midlife-crisis-colour", as a life-extender, perhaps ... ---

On the other hand, people might say " Silly bugger! Why can't he have his midlife crisis like everybody else!? Who does he think he is???"

Bet it's not as fast as its sibling! (But almost certainly a much nicer beast to drive!!!)

Another old one from the old files: Alvis sports car...

Vintage Alvis sports car Leamington Spa.jpg

Wish I could remember the reg numbers of Grandpa's Alvises - he got them in part ex when he sold the Speed Six (along with a chunk of cash!) He lived in Stoke Gabriel so not too far away from you (now), Andrew.

Wrong colour roof! (Mrs Nod's was green.)

IMO (and not because Mrs Nod had one - in fact, more the opposite since she bought one because of its beauty compared to the later X150 version!!!) the most beautiful of the "modern" Jags, the X100 XK8.

Hi, an SEC, converted into a convertible (not in the official Mercedes area ) ... :

L1002875_DxO-L50c-2-c.jpg

Reactions: EJB
The classic Austin Cooper Mini with pure 'sixties pop art...

Painted Mini Nikon F 1969_Arbitrary_1_06.jpg

Also available in red...

Morgan car from back P1140109.JPG

Last time I was at the main stealer, they had a few on the forecourt, including one in Italian racing red and one in French racing blue. None in British racing green!
Do any F1 (or other formulae) cars actually race in BRG?

Back