Cobra School of SENSOR Cleaning.....

Should we buy Cobra a new Camera

• Yes, it;s our duty

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • No, it's his own fault for listening to us while we were drinking

Votes: 75 59.5%

• Total voters
Any new from the Insurance company yet Chris.......... ;)

:D
:coat:

Nope but my lawyers have advised that I take out a private prosecution against the "two collaborators"
He feels that I have a good case
and the pay-out should set me up for awhile at least (y)

Nope but my lawyers have advised that I take out a private prosecution against the "two collaborators"
He feels that I have a good case
and the pay-out should set me up for awhile at least (y)

A few words........

Stone.............

Blood............

Cant.............

Think you may know the others ;) :LOL: :D

I've just looked at the photos again & I'm very shocked at what they show.....

Cosmix3 is using a UWA lens & is far to close, I also believe he is using three high powered flash guns...

Cobra is looking very distressed but Cosmix3 goes even closer for the money shot....

I don't know what everybody else thinks about this but I'm popping down B&Q to get some Tar & Feathers & shall be back shortly (if anybody wants to join my pitchfork mob drop me a PM)

;)

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :LOL: :D

Twas your wide angle, flash and one of the snakes flashes though........

Cosmix3 is using a UWA lens & is far to close, I also believe he is using three high powered flash guns...

Cobra is looking very distressed but Cosmix3 goes even closer for the money shot....

I don't know what everybody else thinks about this but I'm popping down B&Q to get some Tar & Feathers & shall be back shortly (if anybody wants to join my pitchfork mob drop me a PM)

;)

As we said no 7D, and you should have known better we had been drinking for several hours. :D

There was your mistake, Had Been Drinking, see if you were holding a beer, you wouldn't have got in this predicament.......:D

;)
And my user title says I AM Norty :D

There was your mistake, Had Been Drinking, see if you were holding a beer, you wouldn't have got in this predicament.......:D

Pete, you have a very valid point well presented (y)

Last edited:
Obviously Cosmix and Mr gRubby are now on my ignore list

Well I would hold off on that, poll result so far looks like a new 7D coming your way Cobra, amazing the public support behind you after such a poor beginning, polling over 460 votes just today :D

Well I would hold off on that, poll result so far looks like a new 7D coming your way Cobra, amazing the public support behind you after such a poor beginning, polling over 460 votes just today :D

Yep its looking good Pete ( with special thanks to DF for adding "his vote" (y))

Last edited:
I smell something fishy here, sure this should be a one member one vote pole :cautious: :cautious: :cautious: ............

Me thinks there has been some undue influence here to be honest :nono:

Thinks at this point must ask to see your receipt (in true time tested insurance company way).................

Think we may be looking at a like for like replacement on this so will be searching the bay for a water damaged camera.

Or referring you to your earlier post Mr Snake ;)

I smell something fishy here, sure this should be a one member one vote pole :cautious: :cautious: :cautious: ............

Me thinks there has been some undue influence here to be honest :nono:

Thinks at this point must ask to see your receipt (in true time tested insurance company way).................

Think we may be looking at a like for like replacement on this so will be searching the bay for a water damaged camera.

Or referring you to your earlier post Mr Snake ;)

My insurance clearly stated "new for old" and I have it down as a 1Ds Mk 3(y)

well the camera would be new & you're old ..........very old :p
:razz: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ps. Our Mod is bigger than yours ;)

Yep just noticed that
There was no coercion on my part BTW
DF just felt sorry for me I guess
I am sure he will rally round when he see's that I have been stitched up yet again (y)

Yep just noticed that
There was no coercion on my part BTW
DF just felt sorry for me I guess
I am sure he will rally round when he see's that I have been stitched up yet again (y)

No outside influance on that result, just the public at mass voting as they know is right ;)

Earl Grey is fine old bean :D

Cosmix3......you are just soooooooooooooooooooo right :D

Now if the Mods spent more time teaching Chris how to clean a camera & less time tinkering with a honest thread ..........

;)

Now if the Mods spent more time teaching Chris how to clean a camera & less time tinkering with a honest thread ..........

;)

Damage done :(
Adminnie's are just trying to help a little after the fact (effect) (y)

lmao i cant belive you did it

My mum said that you gotta try anything once (y)
(except watching coronation street and incest, bugger me, was she right about coronation street! :D)

and Oi!
I paid good money to get the over riding vote!
Which ever adminnie that is playing around with the poll results,
I'll see you behind the bike sheds at playtime :bat:
If its not raining of course ;)

Failing that just pm me you address for chocolate cookies and Earl Grey (y)

Hahahahahahahaha :LOL:

all I can say on the matter...

I voted no as it suits me best at this ery momment

The 40D should be water resistant, so any problems send it back under warranty - and you are not allowed a new camera until I get one :LOL:

By the way, they dry better if you use a hairdryer plus of course it will shift any hairs that are in there :nuts:

Cookies?? :) COOKIES?? :D Did someone mention cookies??? :woot:

Cookies is Mod food :nuts: :naughty: :cool:

Which ever adminnie that is playing around with the poll results,
I'll see you behind the bike sheds at playtime :bat:

Would that not constitute threatening a Member of the boards good staff. :nono:

Failing that just pm me you address for chocolate cookies and Earl Grey (y)

Now bribery, not doing yourself any favours Mr Snake, :nono:

You are making a good case to for us on insurance fraud. ;)

Cookies?? :) COOKIES?? :D Did someone mention cookies??? :woot:

Cookies is Mod food :nuts: :naughty: :cool:
Just a favourable tweak on the poll results Paul
and I'll bring you a box in at the Jan meet (y)

Now bribery, not doing yourself any favours Mr Snake, :nono:

Well I have tried being nice so bribery and corruption is the next step :D

I voted no as it suits me best at this ery momment

Well at least when the chips are down you know who your friends are :razz: :D

I voted, but then I wasn't sure if I voted the right way so I threw my laptop -really- hard across the room in an attempt at velocity induced time-travel. Strange thing is, it's now got me as not voted at all, so I can only assume it's worked and that the way to ressurect your 40D is to throw it really hard across the room... But then, when I get to thinking (against doctors orders, I might add) I realise that you washed (and did a jolly fine job, say I) your camera a little while ago now. What you'll need is more speed I recommend throwing it from a moving car, or possibly dropping it from a great height. Dropping it is a good move, seeing as as it's speed approaches the speed of light it'll gain mass, making it heavier, meaning it'll fall faster plus as it approaches the earth gravity gets stronger so it'll go yet quicker. If you want to go back to even before the sand got on the sensor, well, we're talking throwing it out of an aircraft, possibly backwards just to be sure.

Now, I believe I'm needed in classrooms all over the southern USA to sodomise science yet more... :wave:

Sounds like a plan (y) I'll try it ( with someone else's ) and let you know how I get on :D

I voted, but then I wasn't sure if I voted the right way so I threw my laptop -really- hard across the room in an attempt at velocity induced time-travel. Strange thing is, it's now got me as not voted at all, so I can only assume it's worked and that the way to ressurect your 40D is to throw it really hard across the room... But then, when I get to thinking (against doctors orders, I might add) I realise that you washed (and did a jolly fine job, say I) your camera a little while ago now. What you'll need is more speed I recommend throwing it from a moving car, or possibly dropping it from a great height. Dropping it is a good move, seeing as as it's speed approaches the speed of light it'll gain mass, making it heavier, meaning it'll fall faster plus as it approaches the earth gravity gets stronger so it'll go yet quicker. If you want to go back to even before the sand got on the sensor, well, we're talking throwing it out of an aircraft, possibly backwards just to be sure.

Now, I believe I'm needed in classrooms all over the southern USA to sodomise science yet more... :wave:

Sounds like a Plan, But can't recomend it Chris (not taking the blame this time ;) ), But could be fun though :D

Sounds like a plan (y) I'll try it ( with someone else's ) and let you know how I get on :D

Note to self, don't let Chris near my Cameras at the Whipsnade meet ;) :D :coat:

Back