weekly Cockneys first 52 thread.

Cockney

I asked Admin for a user title
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know what I'm doing and am prepared to prove it.

I don't know what I'm doing and am prepared to prove it.

That's the spirit.

Tis will be my third year in a row now.

My only advice would be to try and enjoy it, don't take it too seriously if you don't want to and use it as a chance to try the techniques and subjects that you wouldn't normally go for.

That's the spirit.

Tis will be my third year in a row now.

My only advice would be to try and enjoy it, don't take it too seriously if you don't want to and use it as a chance to try the techniques and subjects that you wouldn't normally go for.
Cheers Kell.

Camera out today. Battery flat. Searched for and in 3 x bags for a couple of hours before finding spares. All on charge now. Hope to contribute before week 51. :D

I definitely wasn't thinking tap - looked automotive.

Great isolation.

I was thinking the same, it looked like a brake hose.

Nice picture, the detail is good and sharp and I like the splash of different colours behind.

I was thinking the same, it looked like a brake hose.

Nice picture, the detail is good and sharp and I like the splash of different colours behind.
The different colours are an old dinner tray.

My best guess was a strain relief thingy for a guitar cable or similar. Strain relief was right!!!

Nice abstraty sthingie - box 1 ticked!

Loads of details and I would never have guessed a tap, but can see it is one of those posh ones with a hose attachment to spray the whole kitchen and who ever turned it on.

Loads of details and I would never have guessed a tap, but can see it is one of those posh ones with a hose attachment to spray the whole kitchen and who ever turned it on.
Yes. Were still learning how to drive it. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, kitchen tap. I wanted to say it was a braided brake line or similar with some kind of additional protection.
Well shot, you've avoided the potential for nasty blown out areas in the reflective surfaces :)

Like the others, I was convinced it was automotive.
Very well thought out and shot.

That's a striking graphic image - I like how the crystal clear silver details contrasts with the soft background colours.

Great image Brian, perfectly in focus, great contrast against the colourful background. It looks well thought out and professional.

Very nicely done. It looks like a professional product shot. The background makes it for me. Funnily enough, I have the same tap so I recognised it immediately!

The angled composition works well, and I like the way the colours in the background work.

A Bently Blower eh? Nice bit of old machinery.
I sort of prefer #3, but I can see why you chose #1, as that doesn't have the bystanders in shot.

By the way. Could you remember to put the week and theme in your post on the main thread, so I don't have to guess when updating the scrolls. ta.

Beautiful Blower Bent! Never won Le Mans but did help the Speed Sixes by getting the Mercedes cars to blow themselves up trying to catch them! Did OK in shorter races. Just think, cars like this were driven to and from Grand Prix - try that in a modern F1 car!

A Bently Blower eh? Nice bit of old machinery.
I sort of prefer #3, but I can see why you chose #1, as that doesn't have the bystanders in shot.

By the way. Could you remember to put the week and theme in your post on the main thread, so I don't have to guess when updating the scrolls. ta.
You're correct, getting the car without other onlookers was tough. The car was only there about 5 mins.
Thanks for the geads up ref main thread, I will sort it.

Nice shot. I think that I like the shot of the dashboard the best. Glad that you included it in your gallery.

Always about the background with shots like this and you've done well. I'd have cloned out the white lines and gone mono but that's just me :D

New - I missed this before. Love the coloured diagonal background. All comes together nicely for a super shot. I'd thought it was some sort of suspension unit :)

It's a toss-up between the first the third picture for both are good in different ways. Great shot for the theme!

Nice expensive Bentley in a very expensive location. You did well to get the photo with out other people in the shot.

Back