Colour Compliments

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Mornin',

I wanted to do something a little different (for me anyway), as I usually stick to urban landscapes or pictures of my daughter :) So, I decided I wanted to make some contemporary, colourful/striking images, and present them in a way that I havent really explored before (square format). Im looking for opposite colours that compliment each other, and I want to find them in the everyday normal things that surround us all.

This is still very much a work in progress, as im at the extremely early stages of this project, but I would appreciate any initial thoughts you may have. These are all presented with thick white borders (like I said, work in progess), so depending on how you view the forum, you may not see them anyway (y)

So, here are the first 5.

Cheers

Nick

18408635886_0a30569fc6_z.jpg

18436761241_187f96ed86_z.jpg

18435051245_1b8820d727_z.jpg

17812402784_36705b5985_z.jpg

18408762486_ebcfaa2903_z.jpg

Last edited:
A very interesting project Nick - like the idea. First three are great and in reverse order. The vibrancy of the blue/yellow combination makes it THE most striking image of the set.

A very interesting project Nick - like the idea. First three are great and in reverse order. The vibrancy of the blue/yellow combination makes it THE most striking image of the set.

Many thanks Carl. I appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

Hi Nick, great idea. I really like the first 2, particularly the second one. I didn't really notice the borders to be honest - they don't show up much on my screen. I'm looking forward to seeing how your project develops (no pun intended) :)

Hi Nick, great idea. I really like the first 2, particularly the second one. I didn't really notice the borders to be honest - they don't show up much on my screen. I'm looking forward to seeing how your project develops (no pun intended) :)

Thanks very much :) glad you like it so far. Appreciate the comments.

Many thanks Andrea. I have a few more ideas floating around in my head at the moment, but its just a matter of finding the time to do it.

Will be posting another in a few minutes :)

Thanks Jeff. To be honest ive been a bit undecided when it comes to editing out marks. On one hand, I wanted the images to be crisp/clean, but on the other hand, considering it is objects/scenes found in everyday life, I didnt want it 'too' clean...does that make sense? o_O

As an example, image number 3 of the flame painting, the blue wood had probably 8 to 10 black staples in it that I decided to clone out as they were really distracting, but I left acouple of other imperfections.

Thanks for looking, and taking the time to comment.

Thanks Jeff. To be honest ive been a bit undecided when it comes to editing out marks. On one hand, I wanted the images to be crisp/clean, but on the other hand, considering it is objects/scenes found in everyday life, I didnt want it 'too' clean...does that make sense? o_O

As an example, image number 3 of the flame painting, the blue wood had probably 8 to 10 black staples in it that I decided to clone out as they were really distracting, but I left acouple of other imperfections.

Thanks for looking, and taking the time to comment.

I think the imperfections work in image 3 as it's a much more organic image....

Another one I never saw thanks to all the 52s.

This is really strong work! Simple concept, but beautifully done.

Last edited:
Liking the concept here Nick very striking. I think the border really helps, gives the impression of it being matted and hung rather than just dumped on the page.

Many thanks Steve. Im glad it comes across like that. At the moment, this is how would like to present them, so im glad it works for you.

Got some more ideas for images to include, so will be updating the thread soon (y)

Back