Conspiracy theories

There was a program on last week or so, about the JFK assasination. It was all about who believed what.
A survey had been done and people were asked various questions about know facts and less know things and general nonsense.
The results were presented showing percentages. It was fairly interesting in that while the majority didnt think Oswald could fire that quickly, most of them had no clue about his record in the military and he was a good shot.

Lee Harvey Oswald served in the USMC from late 1956 - 1959 when he was given a hardship discharge. The USMC had three categories for rifle shooting in that period, determined by standard testing. These were Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert. Oswald scored just enough to creep into the Sharpshooter class in 1956, and one mark above the minimum to pass as a Marksman in 1959. He was a very poor shot at this time. I daresay he might have practiced after he left the USMC, but hitting a moving target at a downward angle is difficult. There is nothing to suggest that he was a good shot, and a lot to indicate that he wasn't.

I have no axe to grind in the matter of Kennedy's assassination, but I find it hard to believe that Oswald was a good shot.

Last edited:
There was a program on last week or so, about the JFK assasination. It was all about who believed what.
A survey had been done and people were asked various questions about know facts and less know things and general nonsense.
The results were presented showing percentages. It was fairly interesting in that while the majority didnt think Oswald could fire that quickly, most of them had no clue about his record in the military and he was a good shot.

Anyway what the survey did find was that the people on lower wages or those who didnt have further education or dropped out of school tended to be the majority that believed the more extreme theories.

I worked for 15yrs in the pharmacutical industry (making medication) I pointed this out to a FB chip in every vaccine idiot the other day, explaining just how much work and how many people it would take to put a chip in every vaccine and record it against the person injected with each chip, their answer was "see it can be done". They are probably quoting me on other posts now saying someone in the industry told them how its done!!!
I watched that same program, it was very interesting.
It'll remain as one of the questions that will never truly be answered, like what happened with Diana.

No, No and definitely No.

A professional Photographer gave a lecture to my camera club recently and he suggested that while he believed that the Moon landings were genuine, he had some doubts about the colour photography. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were skilled astronauts but hardly professional photographers but they were being trusted to capture some very important shots. The US government had invested an enormous sum in the Apollo programme and wanted some high class images to brag with after. So he thought the TV images were genuine and the B&W shots they took but thought that there were odd things about the colour shots which suggested that they were captured in a studio. While I have not studied the photos in detail myself, I was always amazed with the colour shots which were almost too good to be true. If our club visitor was right about this, it would also explain why it attracted conspiracy theories.

Dave

So he thought the TV images were genuine and the B&W shots they took but thought that there were odd things about the colour shots which suggested that they were captured in a studio.
semicontrolled_demolition.png

No, No and definitely No.

A professional Photographer gave a lecture to my camera club recently and he suggested that while he believed that the Moon landings were genuine, he had some doubts about the colour photography. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were skilled astronauts but hardly professional photographers but they were being trusted to capture some very important shots. The US government had invested an enormous sum in the Apollo programme and wanted some high class images to brag with after. So he thought the TV images were genuine and the B&W shots they took but thought that there were odd things about the colour shots which suggested that they were captured in a studio. While I have not studied the photos in detail myself, I was always amazed with the colour shots which were almost too good to be true. If our club visitor was right about this, it would also explain why it attracted conspiracy theories.

Dave

I wonder if he thought the same about the colour shots from Apollos 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17, or those awesome colour shots of Ed White undertaking the first American spacewalk during Gemini program?

I'm not so sure.

Many products can be assembled anywhere from a mix of off the shelf components and others made using unique mounds or cut to shape etc. Setting it all up from incoming stock through assembly and test can be pretty cheap and low tech but chip fabs are perhaps a different matter.

I have a theory about ‘unique mounds’ and revealing what lies beneath ...

I had my Covid jab yesterday. I didn't feel a thing when the nurse stuck the needle in and I didn't see it as I was chatting to another person in the cubicle.

So now, it is FACT that there is NO vaccine. One person distracts you whilst the other PRETENDS to administer the vaccine. It's all a plot by the government to get us all back out and reintroduce the herd immunity theory.

There you go, that's how you start a conspiracy theory. :naughty:

I had my Covid jab yesterday. I didn't feel a thing when the nurse stuck the needle in and I didn't see it as I was chatting to another person in the cubicle.

So now, it is FACT that there is NO vaccine. One person distracts you whilst the other PRETENDS to administer the vaccine. It's all a plot by the government to get us all back out and reintroduce the herd immunity theory.

There you go, that's how you start a conspiracy theory. :naughty:

First time I have ever looked away when having a jab, I did wonder what the tray of drawing pins were on the table when she said you will feel a little scratch :D

She died following a car crash in a tunnel in Paris.
We all know how she died, maybe I should have been a little more specific as to what I meant, the conspiracy theories question the actions leading up to how the crash happened.

Just like we all know how JFK died - the conspiracy theories centre around the circumstances of the shooting and whether it was a single or multiple shooters.

The vaccine chip theory is one of the dafter ones, or so I thought. Then I found this article which claims that 1 nanometer transistor junctions are now possible: Scientists Have Made Transistors Smaller Than We Thought Possible (popularmechanics.com)
assimilation.jpg
Just sayin'... Borg 3.gif

Especially in parallel universes...

I wonder if he thought the same about the colour shots from Apollos 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17, or those awesome colour shots of Ed White undertaking the first American spacewalk during Gemini program?
Perhaps they had attended the NASA photography training by then.:D

Dave

Last edited:
As a teenager I always wanted a Hasselblad camera after seeing the images taken by the Gemini & Apollo missions. Never did, ended up with Nikon......via Praktica, Pentax, Olympus & Canon.

Back