Beginner Course

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a good online course, go back to basics as been out of it for a while, any suggestions?

YouTube.

I believe in the June issue, which should come out in May, Practical Photography magazine will be running their Camera School. You sign up, it’s free and there’s no commitment. It would be a good way to get back into it.

Each month (for 6 months) you get the magazine, they explain what you have to do and give you a brief. You submit an image and they will critique it and give you a score - bronze, silver or gold, depending on how well you meet the brief. It’s aimed at beginners and will lead you through the different modes on your camera as well as exploring different genres of photography.

Also, yes YouTube is full of useful videos.

Thanks all, not thought of YouTube as usually prefer a course style to keep me in check, without I just wander and end up losing several hours of my life ‍♂️

Thanks all, not thought of YouTube as usually prefer a course style to keep me in check, without I just wander and end up losing several hours of my life ‍♂️
You're right. You need to stop watching YouTube for 'help'.
Stop looking at processing workflows and start studying art.
I've just looked through your Flickr, you're in the place most hobby photographers are - you've nailed 'technique' but haven't grasped the fundamental that should be the start point; and the question you need to concentrate on is 'why'.
Why did you take that picture - what is it supposed to be about.
Why did you choose to process it in that way, what would have improved the image at taking stage.
Why isn't the image I'm looking at achieving what I set out to do.

Back