weekly Cowshed's 52-2013

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I'm in!
My last years effort was so poor I didn't even post a single image :|. I've hardly touched my cameara in recent months so i'm putting myself into the 52 challenge for 2013.

I'm hoping it will re-start my love of photography and help me to improve my skills too.

No excuses this time!

Last edited:
Hi Paul

welcome to the 52's madhouse :wave:

Hopefully we'll see you at the finish line next year...only 52 weeks...whats the worst that could happen :LOL:

Well, It's already better than last year!!! i thought I'd 'sneek' a look at the first theme for the 2013 challenge and low & behold I've got two idea's,

Now it's time to get to work...

OMG, the standard of images is so high, Well done all fellow 52r's.

I'm not happy with this image tbh, i know it needs work on lots of levels, however, I had to post it to keep me working at getting better. I suspect I may play a joker on this one...

Sin by Cowshed976, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, Paul, I can never look at a doughnuts without thinking of Homer Simpson...clicky linky

It does have an element of Sin, but I'm sure you can do better. WB looks off to me and hot spot/streak upper left. I suspect lower angle, closer, may have worked.

Cheers and onwards to week 2 (y)

Well done for week one - I feel the bite out of the donut breaks the central-ness of it, and works for that reason.

Suspect it could be a tad brighter - and yes, the red jam on the plate could easily be cloned away. But it's still a good shot.

Onwards and upwards! (y)

Thank you all for your feedback. [and thanks for going easy on me! lol]

If I am brutally honest with myself I would have to admit I rushed this, *must take more time!

Not much to add that you don't know yourself. Just be glad you've got started and keep at it (y)

Hi ya

I quite like that....good sharp focus , colors look about right to me , WB looks about right as well .....maybe a touch less central...still like it & at least now you're over the 1st hurdle...it's downhill to week 52 from here on in :D

I'm in!
My last years effort was so poor I didn't even post a single image :|. I've hardly touched my cameara in recent months so i'm putting myself into the 52 challenge for 2013.

I'm hoping it will re-start my love of photography and help me to improve my skills too.

No excuses this time!
:D

Beat it this year (y)

Back