CT's Bird Challenge.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
OK you wannabe birdy togs - time to stop messing about and get down to where it's at.

POST YOUR BEST BIRD SHOT WITH A MOBILE PHONE!

No excuses, the Sun's shining - don't be shy, post 'em up here. :D

Now - is my juvy Robin gonna play ball? :thinking:

/sniffs a set up :p

Jeez,i`ll give it a go this avvie.........:D

Oh go on then... :shrug: ... I'll play and be first up... :cautious:

NOT best quality but best I can muster on demand... so far... :naughty:

Robin_by_3GS.jpg

That's the ball rolling... ;)

:p

You've probably already got your chair next to the bird feeder and your feeding them by hand anyway....

Mumble, mumble, mumble, not fair, mumble..

Stop wingin' FB and get on with it. :nono:

I shall judge this cos it's my thread. Points will deducted for bread, seed, nuts, etc in the shot and any other signs of blatantly enticing the subject.

Early tests arem't good, but I'll stick something up in a minute juist to give you lamos something to go at. :D

Multiple entries are allowed.

Points will deducted for bread, seed, nuts, etc in the shot and any other signs of blatantly enticing the subject.

Ooops... :annoyed: ... guess mine will HAVE to be allowed Cedders cos it was posted before you'd made the rules up to suit... :rules:

Oh go on then... :shrug: ... I'll play and be first up... :cautious:

NOT best quality but best I can muster on demand... so far... :naughty:

Robin_by_3GS.jpg

That's the ball rolling... ;)

Bugger!

That' pretty good, but lots of points will have to be deducted - blatant enticement of the subject and a non natural setting. :D

When does this prestigeous comp.close Cedric?

Bugger!

That' pretty good, but lots of points will have to be deducted - blatant enticement of the subject and a non natural setting. :D

NO, no, no... :rules: ... see MY earlier thread Cedric... :naughty:

AND... what do you mean non-natural... :cautious: ... that's a lovely hand-made pond that is... :naughty:

Good point. 1 week, ending 8pm Thurday 6th August. (y)

Great news,it may have stopped persisting down by then...............:LOL:

hmmmm, how do you rig a 500mm lens to the viewfinder of a nokia?

knew I should have watched Blue Peter a little more closely - stickybacked plastic and egg cartons would know doubt have done the job :D

Ooops... :annoyed: ... guess mine will HAVE to be allowed Cedders cos it was posted before you'd made the rules up to suit... :rules:

It will be allowed Green One, but will have to be heavily marked down for blatant use of live bait - visible in the shot too. ;)

First go then. This doesn't bode well at full zoom and about 5 feet. :D

3771132421_a5f926d094_o.jpg

I don't think 5mp is gonna hack it. :LOL:

Very good Cedric, but... :thinking: ... that twig looks anything BUT natural imhgo... :cautious:

Mega points deduction is due... ;)

:naughty:

LOL. Sorry Rog - it's rooted in the ground - gardeners have gone a bit OTT with the pruning mind! :p

Time to get muddy...........:D

Is that a Dipper you have in your garden CT?:eek:

:)lol:)

P.S I find this challenge discriminatory against those that don't have camera phones :nono: I'm reporting you to the Mobile Phone Discrimination Board!

Last edited:
Right... :cautious:

You want close... :bat:

Here goes... au naturel... :thinking:

Robin2_by_3GS.jpg

Or... even more au naturel and no indication of enticement, inducement, bribe, skullduggery or anything untoward... :rules:

Robin3_by_3GS.jpg

And don't forget I've only got 3MP tp play with... :naughty:

What has been rather trying is the shutter lag... got plenty like this...

Robin4_by_3GS.jpg

Gauntlet thrown... :D

No 2 is pretty damned good and conforms with all the rules as far as I can see. (y)

Hmmmm. I think I need a bigger boird... my technique is crap! :puke:

Don't worry - I'm just warming up and I know of this ostrich farm near the dad in laws. :naughty:

LOL. OK then. Frac might be the one to watch here - he's got a lot of wildlife to go at! :dummy:

I know it's not strictly a bird image... :thinking: ... but they have got wings guv... :rules:

But I could not resist showing you this one taken while I was stalking the real fliers... :D

Sunflower_by_3GS.jpg

It caught my eye because of the out of place petal... :shrug:

Not so bad for a hand held 3MP mobilly image now is it... :shrug:

Eez damed good, but it does beg the question..if you can do this good with a camera phone why don't we see more shots with your proper gear?

There we go. Taken with my Sony C902 the other morning.

dawnbird.jpg

And no, I didn't cheat by photoshopping the bird on this lovely cloudscape photo.
Do I win a prize? :eek: :LOL:

Last edited:
Back