CT's Bird Challenge.

I've had a pretty impressive looking text message entry from Monkey Dave with a peacock shot but he's lost his phone cables so he can't uplaod and submit it. It's no good me submitting it cos it's postage stamp size so I think you can all breath easily. :p

good thread ct .. would my shot be ok.:LOL: the one i sent you :LOL:

some nice shots in here guys chris yours wont count mate..:razz:

md:LOL:

Surely peacocks are captive bread?

I'm still working out how to remote trigger my phone so I can use it as a camera trap!

this bugger was wild trust me :eek:

md(y)

breath easy guys.. although i am sure some tp members may have a shot of me getting this shot :LOL:

It is about the size of your avatar......:puke:

3007_8597.jpg

sulk.gif

Let merciless mcikytaking commence.........:LOL:

Great start Frac and not one many will capture on their mobiles... (y) ... now you've had some practice let's see the real thing... :shrug:

:p

Uh oh... that's got to be a strong contender! :eek:

NOT one to give up easily... :naughty: ... yet another from the 3GS...

Rhea2.jpg

Awaits plaudits and nods of approval from the masses... :cautious:

Last edited:
I have now worked out how to use my phone properly,so watch out.....:D

Disclaimer......Teenage daughter showed me how to be honest....:bang:

Rhea2.jpg

your a brave man to take this with a mobile - it looks seriously vicious.

:LOL: that is a cool moby shot Ven. I have decided to build myself upto birds :naughty: This morning whilst gardening, found some moths hiding in the folds of the parasol, so started with those on the phone :D

Thanx Yv... :confused:

If it has wings post it - you've seen my sunflower haven't you... :D ... you can always graduate later... :cautious: ... as long as it is within the deadline... :naughty:

What a great thread, have had loads of fun reading through it and seeing your pics. (y) Sadly the camera on my ancient phone died a death a while ago so no pics from me.

Tommy.

Sadly the camera on my ancient phone died a death a while ago so no pics from me.

I don't think that qualifies as a valid excuse here Tommy... :cautious: ... just beg, borrow, or steal one for the grand occasion... :D ... and get it up for all to see... :naughty:

ok, on Ven's head be it.... it has wings...taken with LG Viewty on macro setting

mobilemoth.jpg

Hey that's great Yv... (y) ... except it is not on a natural setting... :LOL:

I didn't make the rules (up) ... :cautious: ... that was Cedders... :naughty:

Of course you know what type of moth it is... :shrug:

... except it is not on a natural setting... :LOL:

I didn't make the rules (up) ... :cautious: ... that was Cedders... :naughty:

Of course you know what type of moth it is... :shrug:

Beleive me, ANYTHING in my garden has become natural due to general lack of human attention :LOL:

type of moth.... eerrr...yeah.... a big fat one :p

Bugger,the standard is getting far too high here........:dummy:

ok, on Ven's head be it.... it has wings...taken with LG Viewty on macro setting

mobilemoth.jpg

:nono: might have wings but on my monitor it doesn't look very much like a bird.

LOL Fear not Tom - they're gettin' away with nuttin' :D

Jeez Ven when I cheat at least I try to be a little subtle.
Talk about bleedin' obvious :LOL:

LOL. I wondered when you were gonna pop up Phil. I thought this was up your street, what with you sleeping in the nests with 'em an all. :D

:LOL:

Well, weather permitting, I'll be back out next week....my phone is only 1.3mp though :D

In fact, here is one I copied to my laptop before the said phone broke!

DSC00346.jpg

Last edited:
Jeez Ven when I cheat at least I try to be a little subtle.
Talk about bleedin' obvious :LOL:

Cheat Chris... :thinking: ... moi... :wacky: ... a word that's not in my vocabulary so perhaps you might enlighten the dark (Green) one... :cautious:

Cheat Chris... :thinking: ... moi... :wacky: ... a word that's not in my vocabulary so perhaps you might enlighten the dark (Green) one... :cautious:
at least I used a native species and made it "look" a little wild
Like sitting on heather :D

at least I used a native species and made it "look" a little wild
Like sitting on heather :D

Excuse me but... :thinking: ... you just look that beastie in the eye and tell me it does not look wild to you... :cautious:

And so it was sitting on grass and not heather... :shrug: ... it couldn't get to the heather because of the fen... ditc... no river, that's it, running alonside its enclo... sorry... completely wild and unrestricted area of totally wild and natural habitat... :naughty:

At least it was NOT wearing jesses... :rules:

:LOL:

Well, weather permitting, I'll be back out next week....my phone is only 1.3mp though :D

In fact, here is one I copied to my laptop before the said phone broke!

DSC00346.jpg

Now what could be possibly attracting them I wonder? :thinking:

Mind you I didn't say you couldn't bait them- just that bait shouldn't be visible in the shot. Damn - I suppose we gotsta allow it! :dummy:

Unless those white bits are bread? :cautious:

Bait? It was my charm, wit and good looks ;)

Nah..it was some bird seed I found randomly in the bottom of my bag! The 3 in the photo are only youngsters, mother duck is just visible on the right! They were (literally) eating from the palm of my hand when I finished!

Video here (might need Quicktime or VLC to play) ...one got bitten on the behind by a duck from another brood, sent it flying onto my lap :LOL: BBC Natural History Unit eat your heart out! :p

Last edited:
Cool! Well it's permissable, but obviously the size of the subject will have to be taken into consideration when it comes to judging overall difficulty etc. :D

Keep those entries coming - comp closes 8pm Thurs next.

Ist prize is a night of love with Bodders.

Excuse me but... :thinking: ... you just look that beastie in the eye and tell me it does not look wild to you... :cautious:

Ok agreed it does look a little bit pist-doff annoyed

At least it was NOT wearing jesses... :rules:

how do I know that I can't see its feet :shrug: :D
you want spar sans Jesses ? no problemo (y) :D

This one fell out of the nest and
I was just about to put it back :D

( "some nokia" or other)

Hey ho,oh merciless peetakers,my best.

Thanks to Miss Frac for making me realise what an IT gimp I am..............:bang:

Image099.jpg

Image101.jpg

Image104.jpg

Back