CT's Bird Challenge.

Lots of artistic merit in that one Ian, but the Green One seems to have doubts about it's aboveboardness. :cautious:

Keep 'em comin' :D

Gettin' closer..... be afraid... :woot:

3771191229_ed0dc7c12d_o.jpg

There's a distinct lack of foliage there CT! sure this wasnt taken a long time ago, sort of pre summer :nono:
Who thinks points should be deducted for shots taken before the comp was announced :rules:
Trev :exit:

Trev how could you doubt me! :crying:

Tis quite genuine - that part of the garden was really overgrown and I always stopped the gardeners doing anything with it cos the birds loved it, but while I was out the other day the sods just hacked everything down and sprayed weed killer over everything.

How could I doubt such an upstanding gentleman, never let it be said :)

I was only asking lol :naughty:

And.... I'm only jealous cause my phone only has about 1 meg and no zoom.

Great thread though, good on ya mate (y)

Trev how could you doubt me! :crying:

Tis quite genuine - that part of the garden was really overgrown and I always stopped the gardeners doing anything with it cos the birds loved it, but while I was out the other day the sods just hacked everything down and sprayed weed killer over everything.

Utter and complete failure,tried for a jay,but made a right dogs dinner of it..........:LOL:

Gettin' closer..... be afraid... :woot:

3771191229_ed0dc7c12d_o.jpg

I am sorry Cedric but this is going to need a lot of Photoshop work done on it :D
Ps. Whilst you are pratting about with your mobile, could I borrow some of your long L Glass? :naughty:

this is a seriously difficult challenge cedric - handheld and using liveview at the same time. i mean even you don't handhold the 500 and use live view at the same time.

do we get any credits for degree of difficulty as well i.e. spent half the evening finding the latest manual online and even in that there is no mention where to stick the camera card :shrug:

Ps. Whilst you are pratting about with your mobile, could I borrow some of your long L Glass? :naughty:
Sorry -no - get that mobile out.

At least you'll appreciate your gear when you've had a go at this. :D

Sorry -no - get that mobile out.

At least you'll appreciate your gear when you've had a go at this. :D

Now yer taking the proverbial Cedric :razz: You know I lost me mobile a while back, around the time you lost yours?

:bonk: Cedric, thanks mate, tied to the office for the next week, might have to go and talk nicely to the london pigeons on the roof. :nuts:

Pigeons is good - bigger target! :p

Native species ?
in my garden ?

I guess this counts then (y)
any prizes for cheating getting the closest :shrug:

:D

Oooo,you bloody cheat....................:LOL:

Hmmm. Good shot there Chris. Obviously a crop though and I can't help wondering what's been left out - a gloved hand maybe? :cautious:

Hmmm. Good shot there Chris. Obviously a crop though and I can't help wondering what's been left out - a gloved hand maybe? :cautious:

She is sitting on a raised flower bed actually, CT, its the jesses and leash
that have been cropped out :coat:

LOL. Great shot thoigh - shame it's disqualified innit! :D

I shall judge this cos it's my thread. Points will deducted for bread, seed, nuts, etc in the shot and any other signs of blatantly enticing the subject.

LOL. Great shot thoigh - shame it's disqualified innit! :D

I refer my learned friend to his first post
She sat there all on her own I bowed her out she jumped to the flower bed
her choice not mine :LOL:
Ok I'll :coat:

Great idea for a challenge BTW (y)

Last edited:
PMSL Nice try, but captive birds don't count - that includes, budgies and canaries too.

Damn, I cannot get my outstanding jay shot off my phone.I can imagine how upset you all are................:D

Downloaded,but I really must read the FM about my phone...........:bang:

Ummm, I now have a mobile phone that will take pictures (my husband's old one) but how on earth do you get them from the phone to the computer ?
You might be able to do it wirelessly Donna if you have a wireless network, or by Bluetooth if you have the facility.

Failing that if you couple your phone to the PC with the USB cable and go to 'My Computer' youu should see an icon there for your phone which just appears like any other removable hard drive, and you should be able to transfer the pics that way.

Having tried to sort my camera phone out,I have discovered that it took 16kb images yesterday,a tad on the small side.........:LOL:

It is about the size of your avatar......:puke:

3007_8597.jpg

sulk.gif

Let merciless mcikytaking commence.........:LOL:

Last edited:
Nobody takes the Mick Frac.. it's a noble effort at something really difficult. Props for having a go mate - no-one should ridicule your efforts at all. :nono:

this one wants to get in everywhere. strangely enough it seems more concerned by the mobile phone than a long lens :shrug:

this one wants to get in everywhere. strangely enough it seems more concerned by the mobile phone than a long lens :shrug:

Uh oh... that's got to be a strong contender! :eek:

Surely you mean 'less' ... :shrug: ... At least judging by how close you must have got to it... :eek:

Nice one... (y)

:p

Last edited:
Dammit! I had some of a wagtail about 3 inches from my foot when I was covered in camo gear...lost it when my phone broke though :(

Surely you mean 'less' ... :shrug: ... At least judging by how close you must have got to it... :eek:

Nice one... (y)

:p

cheers chris - i do mean more. i just presume its more interested in being a forum superstar than making a phone call :shrug:

Dammit! I had some of a wagtail about 3 inches from my foot when I was covered in camo gear...lost it when my phone broke though :(

LOL. I wondered when you were gonna pop up Phil. I thought this was up your street, what with you sleeping in the nests with 'em an all. :D

Back