CT's Bird Challenge.

Frac

1. Disq. carptive bird! :thumbsdown:

2. Good effort - commendably close. (y)

3. LOL. I don't think so. :nono:

Here's my effort. Came to watch me filling up the feeders. Uncropped.

SHRobin.jpg

Reminds me, I need to paint the summerhouse :D

Remarkable!! :clap:

Looks like the one to beat peeps. You have till 8pm. tomorrow (Thurs) to submit that killer moby shot and unseat Mr Duck Pond from his clear pole position. ;)

Frac

1. Disq. carptive bird! :thumbsdown:

2. Good effort - commendably close. (y)

3. LOL. I don't think so. :nono:

Back to the drawing board then,better be quick about it as well.......:LOL:

Remarkable!! :clap:

Looks like the one to beat peeps. You have till 8pm. tomorrow (Thurs) to submit that killer moby shot and unseat Mr Duck Pond from his clear pole position. ;)

That should be disqualified for the awful state of the timber..........:naughty:

Sheesh I'm impressd - I think I need a new phone. Oh bugger I just got one! :shrug:

Totally natural and meets ALL CT's made up rules... :D
:p

Can't argue with that Ven (y)
BTW does this phone of yours actually make calls as well ? :p

LOL.

The only saving grace so far is that frac has been total crap it has to be said - makes me look good in comparison. :LOL:

Lol, I reckon she’s gonna use them on you if you’re not careful...

Hah... :cautious: ... me... :shrug: ... scared... :naughty: ... :runaway:

Adam aka FB... :-) said:
I've pretty much failed at this challenge...hang on, that's not right ...I've totally failed at this challenge!

There is still time matey... :thinking: ... or is that just an excuse... :naughty:

LOL.

The only saving grace so far is that frac has been total crap it has to be said - makes me look good in comparison. :LOL:

Huh... :shrug: ... I just don't think you've been trying actually... :rules:

I thought about joining in, but what's the point... with a crappy 640x480 camera on the phone... that if I want to get anything vaguely not to crap needs to take a double exposure... Which given the time it takes to do that, about 5 seconds... is hard enough to do on static targets... unless.... hmmm, uncooked rice and glue... you know it might just work :LOL:

Huh... :shrug: ... I just don't think you've been trying actually... :rules:

[/quote]
Well having got within 3 feet of that juvy Robin and produced the crapI have, I know when I'm licked looking at the comopetition. The biggest problem is the AF rectangle is huuuge, so it's almost impossible to get sharp focus on something as small as a Robin. I need a Swan to land in the garden before 8pm. :D

I was chasing my cockerell around the garden the other day - Scrub that - the wretched thing is dead again. Batteries last no time at all

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

LOL.

:D ... Well for you maybe, at least he manged one! ...so now you've said that ..Now how crap do I look.

:puke: :LOL:

There is still time matey... :thinking: ... or is that just an excuse... :naughty:

lol Probably right on both counts.

I did try a bit honest, but all the foxes have scared off the birds so I'm ****ed anyway...well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :D

LOL.

It would be a huge help if I could be azzed to learn how to use the damn thing properly..........:LOL:

Ok then, I'll add a couple of pics, not very good I know :( and easy subjects really, its the best I could do on my 50 year old Nokia :tumbleweed:.
Hope these are in the spirit :beer: (could only find a beer one, no whisky smilies there) of the comp (y)

A duck, pretending to be a Lonely Swan (ooops) :wacky:
3795820918_9ebd270d90_o.jpg

Canada Geese
3795820630_0a4a1ae031_o.jpg

Having looked at these, anyone want to buy a 50D :thinking:

CT, Can you PM me please and I'll send you details of where to send the winners tickets for the Carribean Cruise for two. Cheers :D

Last edited:
LOL I like your style Trev! :D Good shots!

I hour exackerly to get those entries in peeps! (y)

Chris, I really wish you would stop doing that when I am drinking a cup of coffee - it does my computer no good at all :LOL::D:LOL::D

Sorry about that :coat: :D

Ok then, I'll add a couple of pics, not very good I know :( and easy subjects really, its the best I could do on my 50 year old Nokia :tumbleweed:.
Hope these are in the spirit :beer: (could only find a beer one, no whisky smilies there) of the comp (y)

Lonely Swan
3795820918_9ebd270d90_o.jpg

Canada Geese
3795820630_0a4a1ae031_o.jpg

Well they're pretty damn good Trev... (y) ... except your lonely swan is a common or garden white duck... :D

Good going though... ;)

Well they're pretty damn good Trev... (y) ... except your lonely swan is a common or garden white duck... :D

Good going though... ;)

I knew that :nuts: I was testing you :).
Gee, if I had a brain I'd be dangerous :LOL:
Thanks for the ID though, it was a senior moment :bonk:

OK That's it. Entries are now CLOSED! :rules:

Give me a few minutes to give the entries the consideration they deserve and I'll get the results posted up. :thinking:

I knew that :nuts: I was testing you :).
Gee, if I had a brain I'd be dangerous :LOL:
Thanks for the ID though, it was a senior moment :bonk:

You are very welcome... :D ... looks like it will be me coming to the Carib with you now then... :naughty:

OK then...

Here's the deal then. I'm finding it impossible to separate Ven and Erdig on this. They've both sumbmitted great shots for a moby - Ven with his Robin on the branch and his young Spuggy, and Erdig with his Blackbird, so I'm awarding joint second place to both of them. :2nd:

The winning shot though is remarkable for its sharpness and it even has a commendable oof bg thing going on. Sorry guys but the winning shot is in a class of it's own and thoroughly deserves it's 1st place.

Duck Pond! :1st:

Please see posts 115 and 116 in this thread and contact Marcel re your prizes!

Thanks everyone for a fun thread! :D

Last edited:
:clap: well done guys!! :woot:

sorry cedders, a delayed coach meant I walked in the door bang on 8pm, and it wouldnt have come close to the 3 winners anyway :(

Aaaw.You could post it anyway! :D

Congratulations to DP on a deserved win... :clap:

And to Erdy for very nearly pipping me... :D ... close m8... ;)

And to Cedric for starting another excellent good fun thread... (y)

I will never slag the crap camera on the iPhone again... :eek: ... it stood up to the test rather well... :cautious:

Spuggy... :cautious: ... what flamin' spuggy... :naughty:

Bravo to the winners, well done to CT for the idea. My Pebl just ain't up to the job, anything smaller than a cat it just laughs at!!!

Congrats to the winners, well done and well deserved :clap:
Hope Bodders enjoys all three prize's too :LOL:
And thanks to CT for a good idea and providing the fun (y)

Last edited:
Back