D500

Well the past few days I have been considering selling up the Nikon since sony announce the A7III... it seem to tick all boxes But just I been thinking why do I need to when I been taking good images with my current kit

The question is why?!

The question is why?!

Me being me lol you all should know me by now ha ha

Mostly for it live view as I do like live view and I. Dslr they just too slow

What on the 5d mk4 but surely not fast as a mirrorless

Yes, its fast. Dual pixel, 5Div, 1dx2 and a bunch of their APSC incl face detect. Where you been?

Bloody hell another in the mix.

Where I been is trying keep away lol now look what it done. As you know I was a long term canon shooter. Is video on it good

Bloody hell another in the mix.

Where I been is trying keep away lol now look what it done. As you know I was a long term canon shooter. Is video on it good

Yes, video is good, so is video AF, 4K file sizes are huge but cropped on the sensor. What do you shoot in?

Bloody hell lol hmmm back to drawing board lol. Bet it doesn’t have eye AF lol

Me being me lol you all should know me by now ha ha

Mostly for it live view as I do like live view and I. Dslr they just too slow

What are you using live view for? Do you use it a lot?

Has the A7 III got zero blackout view finder like the A9 and A7R?

Has the A7 III got zero blackout view finder like the A9 and A7R?

No it hasn't..

If I had lv yes I prob would use it a lot my Mrs will

You really want a camera thats going to compose, focus and take the shot for you?

No but it nice to have some feature... ha ha it like 3d tracking i suppose on our nikon

I am using the D500 again this weekend to give myself more time to decide!

I am using the D500 again this weekend to give myself more time to decide!

What WB you set it at? Mine on Auto 1 there 3 on the D500 Auto, Auto 1 and Auto 2

Just seen your website Wow the images from the 16-80 lens seems very nice indeed
Thank you. :)

I think only the last few from the Venice and Naples had pics with the 16-80mm. Most of the other pics were with the 16-85mm, and image quality wise I don't think there is any visible difference between them on the pics on 500px. :)

Hello Guys..

Well I am just a bit peed off with the 2nd image I dont know what the eye not in focus even though the Focus point is saying I focus there.. The first image is pretty sharp, then again it could but cos I did the second image in 1.8 but I did focus on eye and this is the first time this had happen to me as everything else is fine from most of the week... Ah well I will post both..

DSC_0926-Edit.jpg
by Andrew Rookes, on Flickr

DSC_0927-Edit.jpg
by Andrew Rookes, on Flickr

In #2 the focus appears to be on part of the fur collar rather than the eye ... front focusing or is the focus point indicator misleading you?

In #2 the focus appears to be on part of the fur collar rather than the eye ... front focusing or is the focus point indicator misleading you?

Yup I notice that... Just seem odd first time it happened so let see if it happens again lol..

I would say, such is shooting at f1.8 as has been my experience.
Sorry can't help in any way, just what personal shooting has shown..

I would say, such is shooting at f1.8 as has been my experience.
Sorry can't help in any way, just what personal shooting has shown..

I normally good with 1.8 will do some more tmr. I’ve just done a fine tune and didn’t need adjusting

1.8 is such a shallow dof it’s so easy to mod focus. Why portraits at 1.8 in that light though?

1.8 is such a shallow dof it’s so easy to mod focus. Why portraits at 1.8 in that light though?

Wanted the blur background

it not 35mm on a D500 is it

And? I said 35mm (on DX) IMO is not an ideal focal length for portraits. Of course others will disagree - I was just giving my opinion!!

D500 prime options?

35mm DX seems like a no brainer for the price? How does the Sigma 30mm art compare? Used to love the old version on my D7200!!

24mm seems a bit on the expensive side - any of the old AF-D primes produce decent results?

The 35mm is a lovely lens it a great lens for it price

How did your weekend go with the D500 this time mate

The 35mm is a lovely lens it a great lens for it price

How did your weekend go with the D500 this time mate

I didn't get out TBH due to other commitments so last night I just lounged around on the sofa with my feet testing the indoor ISO performance next to the D750. It was pure laziness lol

I have the 35 and 50 f1.8. Both are great, sharp and cheap

Quite interested in the 17-55 2.8 but they seem to hold their value far to high lol

Quite interested in the 17-55 2.8 but they seem to hold their value far to high lol
I used to own this lens paired with my Nikon D7000, its built like a tank and I was really pleased with it.

Agree about the build quality of the 17-55mm f2.8, my gear gets a rough ride from time to time and this lens has stood up well. Previously used a Sigma 18-50mm f2.8EX which gave good results too.

GC

Agree about the build quality of the 17-55mm f2.8, my gear gets a rough ride from time to time and this lens has stood up well. Previously used a Sigma 18-50mm f2.8EX which gave good results too.

GC

It would look nice next to my 70-200!!

Back