D500

No beans, I was just commenting on how expensive the cards are!!

I was just commenting on how expensive the cards are!!

XQD cards are expensive, and have got even dearer since Lexar disappeared. I think Sony are now the only manufacturer. :(

That said, a XQD card is only needed if you want the huge buffer, and / or as a back up. I got the fastest XQD Lexar did, and also their fastest SD card, and I don't think I have got anywhere near the filling the buffer using either. I could even have gone with a slower cards, as even 95Mb/s can give about 70 frames from what I have read. I doubt I would have hit a buffer at any time woith that speed of card, but I wanted the fastest to go with the camera. ;) And even the 'slow' XQD cards are still quite fast.

It is a shame that more devices don't use the XQD cards as it seems the perfect format for speed, size and durability. If the company who helped design the format (Sony) is not really using it in the consumer products, only their Pro gear, then things don't look too good long term for longevity, but especially prices in the short time, particularly now that the other XQD card producer (afaik, Lexar) has gone. Why would they reduce prices when there is no competition. :( :rolleyes: Thankfully I have what I need. :)

It looks like the company which has been set up by some ex Lexar execs will not be doing XQD. :rolleyes:

XQD cards are expensive, and have got even dearer since Lexar disappeared. I think Sony are now the only manufacturer. :(

That said, a XQD card is only needed if you want the huge buffer, and / or as a back up. I got the fastest XQD Lexar did, and also their fastest SD card, and I don't think I have got anywhere near the filling the buffer using either. I could even have gone with a slower cards, as even 95Mb/s can give about 70 frames from what I have read. I doubt I would have hit a buffer at any time woith that speed of card, but I wanted the fastest to go with the camera. ;) And even the 'slow' XQD cards are still quite fast.

It is a shame that more devices don't use the XQD cards as it seems the perfect format for speed, size and durability. If the company who helped design the format (Sony) is not really using it in the consumer products, only their Pro gear, then things don't look too good long term for longevity, but especially prices in the short time, particularly now that the other XQD card producer (afaik, Lexar) has gone. Why would they reduce prices when there is no competition. :( :rolleyes: Thankfully I have what I need. :)

It looks like the company which has been set up by some ex Lexar execs will not be doing XQD. :rolleyes:

I think if i take my mates D500 I will just get a large one and use as back up. Can you set it to SD main and XQD back up? I have some decent Sandisk SD cards so they will be all good to go!

I think if i take my mates D500 I will just get a large one and use as back up. Can you set it to SD main and XQD back up? I have some decent Sandisk SD cards so they will be all good to go!

You going to be having 2 cameras then or

So soon you will decide which to have

As Im a tight git, I havent yet jumped to XQD, and TBH, I have only ever filled the buffer using SD cards at Motogp...
I will be buying an XQD before long now as Im attending two Motogp races this year now....

Here another I have just been processing that I took the other week.. I just wishes the other eye was in the image and not covered by her fur she ready for the Dog Groomer..

DSC_0840.jpg
by Andrew Rookes, on Flickr

So when shooting sports what release mode do people use for best results?

Going to give the D500 another go whilst I have it on loan so...

Focus or release or release then focus or focus then release? The D750 just had focus or release so these extra options are confusing lol.

Release. It’s always been my go to. I don’t mind losing the odd frame. The thing focuses so well I’m sure it’s doing a better job than me..

I don't shoot sports but always use Release for fast moving subjects.

GC

Was there any noise reduction done on these.

So giving the D500 another go this weekend as have it on loan for a bit longer. What WB setting are people using? As my D750 post my images were rather cold looking compared to the D750 which is in Auto1.

Mine is just in auto - generally it’s pretty accurate although I do find some odd output sometimes

Varying degrees of snow - I live near London ( SW of ) so we've escaped pretty light. If you live north east, you're suffering ( expected ) and south west you're suffering ( unusual )

Weather is weird

Someone on my Facebook wanted me to do colour of the some of the images I did yesterday but I just dont think they work I prefer Black and White for snow images if there not enough colour in the foreground but here 2 I have done.. Be interested to hear what you guys think..

DSC_0909-Edit.jpg

DSC_0905-Edit.jpg

I prefer the black and white ones

So do I pal that why I have only just done 2 to show them on Facebook as not wasting time doing others..

Well the past few days I have been considering selling up the Nikon since sony announce the A7III... it seem to tick all boxes But just I been thinking why do I need to when I been taking good images with my current kit

Well the past few days I have been considering selling up the Nikon since sony announce the A7III... it seem to tick all boxes But just I been thinking why do I need to when I been taking good images with my current kit
GAS! ;) :LOL:

Thankfully the D500 does everything I want/need. No envious looks at other cameras. :)

GAS! ;) :LOL:

Thankfully the D500 does everything I want/need. No envious looks at other cameras. :)

What you lens line up my friend.. Have you a flickr account so I can see your images?

Ignore I just seen you got it in your information profile

Just seen your website Wow the images from the 16-80 lens seems very nice indeed

I’m happy with my D750

Back