D500

Yesterday morning, we met with some friends to go to a cars and coffee meet at JZM Porsche. Chris, who drives a Cayman GT4, said he had a spare seat so i asked my 14 year old if he wanted to ride with him and I'd follow. Of course my son jumped at it... on the condition that he used my d500 :eek:

sunday drive
by damianmkv, on Flickr

on the way to the motorway

porsche GT2 RS
by damianmkv, on Flickr

nice morning for a drive

porsche GT2 RS
by damianmkv, on Flickr

we met up with another friend in his GT3 RS - this is the least sharp IMO but not bad for 1/50s at 70mph

fly by
by damianmkv, on Flickr

the GT3 again

GT3 RS
by damianmkv, on Flickr

long road home
by damianmkv, on Flickr

My son didn't stop smiling - a great day for him and he did pretty well with the camera. Motorways aren't the easiest place to get photogenic shots and the majority are shot through the Cayman's windscreen

Last edited:
Sitting in my garden. D500 with Siggy 150-600.
What a camera...just sayin’...

Last edited:
panning practice yesterday - they're pretty samey due to the nature of drag racing. 70-300 AF-P down to 1/40s

Looks like the panning practice paid off, great set(y)

GC

Ordered the d500 with the 16-80 today. It will be my wildlife and Motorsport goto body. Ill still have the d750.

Have looked at a few videos on set up.

Any tips would be grateful.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::crying::crying::crying:
Ive broke my D500 :(
ok I was out for a walk tonight down edge of a field for good vantage point.
walking past a old water trough I slipped and it banged it on the top metal eyelet thingy thick red circle.
now where thin red circles are i am missing the bottom LCD lines.
InkedDSC_0964_LI.jpg

walking past a old water trough I slipped and it banged it on the top metal eyelet thingy thick red circle.
View attachment 127482

Ouch !! Hope you get it sorted.

View attachment 127482

I know, unfortunately, how it feels to damage a camera.:( Hopefully you have it insured.

I know, unfortunately, how it feels to damage a camera.:( Hopefully you have it insured.

unfortunately I do no have it insured :(
it still all works as it should just the bottom lines circled are missing so I would say is more annoying than anything :(
I have now ascertained that if I turn it off the lines where 400 is at the bottom reappear as the pic counter so I would hazard a guess that my problem is a connection issue.

Last edited:
unfortunately I do no have it insured :(
it still all works as it should just the bottom lines circled are missing so I would say is more annoying than anything :(
I have now ascertained that if I turn it off the lines where 400 is at the bottom reappear as the pic counter so I would hazard a guess that my problem is a connector knocked off.

You should give the camera a really good check. Especially things like focus, as a serious blow, can cause misalignment. Hopefully not, but worth checking, as early as you can.

You should give the camera a really good check. Especially things like focus, as a serious blow, can cause misalignment. Hopefully not, but worth checking, as early as you can.

i have taken pics with it since and checked it was focusing ok etc.
i actually did all that before i realised i had a fault with the screen lol.#

i have taken pics with it since and checked it was focusing ok etc.
i actually did all that before i realised i had a fault with the screen lol.#

Glad to hear that:) Like you say, the problem is more of an annoyance, that really affecting the camera.

View attachment 127482

That's bad news ... any chance your house insurance would cover it?

Whoop whoop I have a parcel waiting at home.
Great service so far from Panamoz. Ordered Monday night delivered today.

Let's hope it's not a dud thou haha
They probably got it mixed up with D5000 [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Back