D500

Wake up Mark............................:D
Id rather have a d500 anyway lol don't have enough hard drive for a days shooting with the d850.

Of all the days to have 3 boiler breakdowns any other day I'd have been home by 3pm lol

Thanks Johnny and holty [emoji106]

Currently in turkey on holiday

Re-fill required
by damianmkv, on Flickr

Royally f'ed up sunrise as I was sure wifey said 5.06 when we went to bed. Got up at 4.20, strolled down to the beach - sunrise actually 5.46. Froze my bits off - it may be 28 in the day but shorts and flip flops at half 4 are not a good idea

Sunrise at Lara Beach
by damianmkv, on Flickr

More to come if they're any good. Am transferring SOOC to my iPhone with a card reader

Got to love a whole new learning curve. Who moved all the buttons and settings. Looks like it's going to be a long night on you tube so it's ready for tomorrow.

Got to love a whole new learning curve. Who moved all the buttons and settings. Looks like it's going to be a long night on you tube so it's ready for tomorrow.
Oh no, they dont have AUTO on this camera now, that`ll be annoying for you...:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yeah I know spent an hour in the menu looking for it. Plus no scene modes either. I might have to send it back at this rate.
Don't you dare.....

Don't you dare.....

Haha. I'll let you know after I fire up the laptop and see how I've got on.

I'm impressed immensely with the af. Like the layout of the buttons. The fov is strange at the moment through the veiw finder.
The balance is weird on the sigma 150 -600 I'm not sure if it's cause it has no grip on at the min.
Seems heavier than the d750 on the same combo.

Let's see what the verdict is later (y)

Got a newer grip for it from Amazon for 49.99 with 2 batteries and a remote yesterday.

Grip is solid and makes the balance feel better when my 150-600 is on it.

Haven't tried the batteries yet. I might take one out today and see how they last

Got a newer grip for it from Amazon for 49.99 with 2 batteries and a remote yesterday.

Grip is solid and makes the balance feel better when my 150-600 is on it.

Haven't tried the batteries yet. I might take one out today and see how they last

Use a Neewer grip, but found the D500, does not like the batteries. Camera seemed to operate fine, but when high frame rate continuous shooting, the shutter would jam. Replaced, with original Nikon batteries and haven't had an issue since.

Neewer batteries work, without issue, in my D610.

A real live non captive Alps Marmot.
They have not long been out of hibernation and its not easy to get out when there is several meters of snow above.

Alps Marmot by Graham, on Flickr

Yes mate, maybe I was 10-15 meters away from it.
Graham would you mind running a test for me please. Using the Tamron at 600mm on the D500 in AF-C single point and select and extreme corner AF point does it focus or just hunt back and forth?

Back