D500

Painterly then :)
Don't have to pixel peep to see that ;)

In all honesty the only time I zoom into an image is for precise sharpening, precise brushing or that I see an issue with an image. OK this is a crop but would anyone honestly be happy with rendering like this :eek:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-07%20at%2011.58.09_zpsmrh5tz4k.png

Last edited:
:Di must admit every time the thread catches my eye, i think o god no:confused:

I gotta say when I first saw it I just laugh as though someone set me up ha ha

FYI Camera arrived at Nikon today and was booked in................ exciting isn't it LOL
It be getting thrown and kicked around now like the D750 did lol

I'm upto about page 30 on this thread and I think this is an ideal upgrade for my D300.

I had a D300 which I loved and didn't want to get rid. Eventually I did and went down the D7100 route. Just something didn't click with me and I didn't feel the same love for it as the D300.

Just got the D500 a week before Christmas, only been out a few times with it with work etc but I can safely say that love is well & truly back. This is my new baby [emoji51]

Love this little fella,im not bothered bout the iso,its the look i love
Exactly, technically the IQ's not great but who cares, it's a great photo.

D500 Booked in Portal now Live i can see its progress... STATUS Awaiting Repair :)

I had a D300 which I loved and didn't want to get rid. Eventually I did and went down the D7100 route. Just something didn't click with me and I didn't feel the same love for it as the D300.

Just got the D500 a week before Christmas, only been out a few times with it with work etc but I can safely say that love is well & truly back. This is my new baby [emoji51]
Still think the D300 is great in good light so I'll be keeping it, I do like the option of a second body to save changing lenses. This will give me the option of using D300/D500 or D500/D3. Still got ano S5pro too as back up back up.

Found a few credit card deals with 0% on purchases so I could be pulling the trigger much sooner.

If I bough a Nikon 700 flash does the d500 have a built in trigger so use flash off camera?

Oh just though it had one like some others do dare I say d750 lol

No, you'd have to buy a wireless trigger

I haven't a scooby about flash, what would be the best way and cheapish for having a on camera flash for the D500? or do you have to buy the specific Nikon one?

I haven't a scooby about flash, what would be the best way and cheapish for having a on camera flash for the D500? or do you have to buy the specific Nikon one?
Try looking at Neewer, something like this, I bought 2(not quiet sure on models I bought) that work fine on a D300/D3.

Jessops says I can work Nikon flash off camera as d500 got built in commander?? Is it true ??

Hi Simon,

i started with a Yongnuo flash (565ex, next model down from this one I'm about to link) and it still works fine on the D500. I also bought a Nikon SB700 but, tbh, I think the Yongnuo works better overall IMO

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yongnuo-YN...485364777&sr=8-1&keywords=yongnuo+568ex+nikon

So are jessops talking balls

Am at Meadowhall so trying find out if I buy Nikon 700 flash from them can d500 trigger it off camera?

Am at Meadowhall so trying find out if I buy Nikon 700 flash from them can d500 trigger it off camera?

Follow my advice above, you'll save yourself a fortune and get a decent OCF package for £120

Godox Thinklite TTL i-TTL HSS TT685N Camera Flash High Speed 1/8000s GN60 for Nikon DSLR Cameras D800 D700 D7100 D7000 D5200 D5100 D5000 D300 D300S D3200 D3100 D3000 D200 D70S D810 D610 D90 (TT685N+X1T-N) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LS23RXK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9AoIyb2XZZAP2

Last edited:
Don't think so as Nikon's CLS system works using the pop up flash to fire the off camera flashes. I don't know why the 'pro' bodies don't have commander mode as it's very useful imo. I know they'll argue that pros will use dedicated triggers, but still it's a nice feature to have.

Back