D500

Don't think so as Nikon's CLS system works using the pop up flash to fire the off camera flashes. I don't know why the 'pro' bodies don't have commander mode as it's very useful imo. I know they'll argue that pros will use dedicated triggers, but still it's a nice feature to have.

Wonder why jessops telling me it does. Naughty

Having just discovered the joys of totally wireless CLS flash, I am somehwat miffed that the body Im about to buy doesnt support it.....

It does support CLS, RTFM ;) - BUT you will need a flash in the hotshoe to do so ...

excerpt from Nikon
The D500 is fully compatible with Nikon’s acclaimed iTTL/Creative Lighting System and Nikon's new radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting system. This means you can easily use it with Speedlights such as the professional SB-910, the compact SB-700, or the SB-5000, which utilises radio control technology. When combined with the optional WR-R10 transceiver, the D500 can control and wirelessly fire up to six groupings of SB-5000 units from another room, around corners or outdoors in bright sunlight.
source of excerpt http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/product/digital-cameras/slr/professional/d500

Is it a good brand as was thinking youngnuo

So I need 2 flash one on camera and one off. Or 1 flash and 1 Nikon transmitted ??
Yep, it's a pain you have to buy something to fire the off camera flash.

The little sb500 flash works great as a commander unit, all the settings done on camera so can just put these in a remote flash bank. Plus it's a handy little flash to keep in pocket it bag.

Yah Boo Sucks....Chinese new year means neither Panamoz or HDEW are shipping until after Feb 1st.....
Looks like my D500 is another week away...
Sigh.

Yah Boo Sucks....Chinese new year means neither Panamoz or HDEW are shipping until after Feb 1st.....
Sigh.

Bummer

But it'll be worth the wait.

Sigh.

Only 3 days until shipping, at least when it's on it's way you can let the excitement of the gold box kick in :D

Im thinking of buying a D500 to replace my trusty D300. I already have the D4s so a decent crop frame should suit me. I know the focus is oretty decent but how much better is the ISO than my old D300? Any images ar iso 1600 and iso3200

A few from me Mark, considering they were taken through my Kitchen window and with a cheap Sigma 70-300mm lens I've got to be pleased with these. Also the poor weather we have been having.

Bullfinch by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Trying out my Nikon D500. by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

You looking at me son! by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Starling by Swansea Jack, on Flickr

Whats tour thoughts Gramps? Would you happily use at Iso3200.
I've used up to 12800 Mark but the D500 is a trade-off ... the images aren't as clean as your D4S will be but speed/AF is way beyond any DX I have used.
Files have a grainy tendency, especially in shadow a OOF areas but they can be cleaned up well ... IQ-wise it isn't a D810 and it might not be an improvement on the D7200 ... bird on a stick and the D7200 might have it but BIF or action sequence and the D500 comes into its own.

@markyboy.1967

I have some brotect ultra thin glass screen protectors (Inc both screens).

Going free. Anyone want them?

I have some brotect ultra thin glass screen protectors (Inc both screens).

Going free. Anyone want them?
Yes please, I managed to break the one I bought putting it on

Sorry forgot to update you all, D500 is now awaiting parts so something must have been wrong, I,LL try get an update in the chat client when I'm back from Sweden Friday, flipping cold here breathing outside feels the same as when you've sucked a mint and take in cold air, but I ain't sucked a mint LOL......brrrrrrr.

Have finally placed the order with Panamoz tonight......

Nervous but happy.Never spent this amount of money online before......

I've only ever had a good experience with them. It'll be here before you know it.
Like Trevor I have had only good experience with them, buying a number of items over the last couple of years, and I recently sold one of these a Nikon D750 to a fellow member and the warranty was transferred with no problems.

Back