D810 Owners thread anything to do with the D810

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
No
You wont regret it but please don't try and kiss me in thanks. It has so much information in it, what I now do is only go to the relevent pages that I need. that is where I got your HDR answer from

let me know what you think of it please in my in box

Oh the book weighs nearly 4lb to give you some idea

the other question go to menu d11 backlight for top display is either on or of . I don't think it goes off completely

Last edited:
Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
No

Red Admiral getting nectar

Nikon d810 and afs 24-70mm lens ( windy day as well)

original photo

Last edited:
Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
No
I suppose it is time I gave an update on my D810 and extras.

I got fed up with the on camera flash because on the 24-70mm lens it created a half moon shadow on the picture. Ok so now with the SB900 flashgun i have had for some time i thought it was about time it was put to use. Then I realised working remotely it would only work line in sight. Any other position was useless. So next was to look at wireless radio trigger/receiver but nothing too expensive.
I came across a product called pixel king pro being and still is being sold for around £55 (on ebay new). It is shown with version 2 but when it came it was version 3 a lot more expensive from other companies.

So what do I think of pixel King pro ? First of all it takes AA batteries in transmitter and receiver some don't. Also when the transmitter is on the hotshoe it has a though connection so you can still add another flashlight onto the camera , that is the second bonus. Does it perform?yes I have triggered the flash from one room while in another no problem. Distance also appears as claimed but only tried it at 60ft away. Would I recommend it? yes at that price you can't really loose and Pixel also sell a pro flashgun that has a built in receiver according to the blurb, my next purchase .

Why on earth I did not buy a radio flash trigger/receiver before beats me, i am well pleased with it

these two photos as the same apart from the light from the left and right, something one is unable to do without radio flash triggers

So i did a very quick try out also using a wireless shutter release. You will see the SB900 flashes twice and in a position which would not work in optical (line of sight)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-fNDF87nU

Last edited:
Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
No
don't often see photos on here with such a wide angle lens, certainly different for a change. Normally I would say it is not exactly what I would like, however having the wheel in the first photo somehow allows this to be quite a clever shot with the building bending to the same shape. At least I think so. Good on you for taking and posting it. Not too sure about the second photo I will leave an open mind on that as your shadow is in it

Name
Kyle
Edit My Images
Yes
don't often see photos on here with such a wide angle lens, certainly different for a change. Normally I would say it is not exactly what I would like, however having the wheel in the first photo somehow allows this to be quite a clever shot with the building bending to the same shape. At least I think so. Good on you for taking and posting it. Not too sure about the second photo I will leave an open mind on that as your shadow is in it
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. It can be a very marmite lens for a lot of people. I quite like it but I rarely use it as I'm not really a wide angle person. I do find that it can work wonders on interiors but it's uses generally require using the distortions to help make the image rather than just using it as a simple ultra wide angle.

This is more my thing, shot with the old AF 55mm f2.8 macro. (a couple of portrait images stitched into a panorama)
Mermaid Quay
by Kyle, on Flickr

Last edited:
Name
Kyle
Edit My Images
Yes
This thread seems to have almost died. Has everyone gone Fuji/D850/Z7/Sony?

Anyway, two more from me with the old venerable 80-200mm f2.8 AF-D
Swan
by Kyle, on Flickr

Cardiff Bay
by Kyle, on Flickr