D810 Owners thread anything to do with the D810

Yep..........the D810 is good for aircraft, my first real attempt using the camera and I am impressed, this has had absolutely nothing done apart from a slight straighten

_MGG5578_zpsbg2vq5um.jpg

Nice one Pete (y) what lens were you using?

Nice one Pete (y) what lens were you using?

Thats with the 150-500 Sigma, looks pretty sharp to me straight off the card, my in camera sharpening is set to normal, would it be best leaving it there or changing.

Thats with the 150-500 Sigma, looks pretty sharp to me straight off the card, my in camera sharpening is set to normal, would it be best leaving it there or changing.

I think in camera is only jpeg anyway. I`ve always shot raw, so can`t be too sure on that one, but it looks pretty good for straight out of camera.

That was raw, just converted to jpeg for here
And yep its deffo a Pepsi shot haha

Great to finally see a D810 thread - not got many shots this year due to poor weather / light. I have been trying - just not got much I was happy with :)

Here are a few from the last few months - some may already have appeared on other parts of the site already.

Passing Light by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

A Dusting of Snow, Mist and Light by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Between Two Worlds by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Roker in Pastel Light by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Cracking set of scapes Dave love em (y)

This is where we are right now, plenty of K35Rs going overhead, and Lakenheath only a couple of miles away, if it gets brighter today we will pop over to see if the F15s are playing out.
This was using my 19-35 Tamron

_MGG5660_zpsz64pqixg.jpg

Horrible wet dismal day here today, still managed to use the camera.

Horrible light but got an F15 using burners
_MGG5720_zpsyli6eqm6.jpg

C30J in torrential rain over the tent.
_MGG5753_zpsn9vvstwe.jpg

Osprey over the tent.
_MGG5743_zpsitfujwqs.jpg

And of course the tent
_MGG5751_zpstfitq6wh.jpg

Its been a testing day, I really wanted a shot of the C30J but the weather really did go down a few levels and it simply refused to stop hissing it down.

Typical considering how nice it was last week :rolleyes:

I reckon you`ve done a pretty good job though, Pete (y)

Yeah, did my best today, we are here till Friday so hoping for a good day Paul

Fingers crossed mate :)

Yeah I was set up for a jet and he appeared from behind us, it was a very quick change of settings, not slow enough shutter though

I can't get out to take photos this week as we are having our en- suite completely refurbished. Taking photos with my D300 and Nikon 12-24mm lens to try and get most of the little area in shot as the work progresses.
One bit of good new is at the hospital today for eye check up , the pressure in each eye is now equal at a reading of 12, and no deterioration in tunnel or wide vision for last 9 month. So well please about that

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/en-suite-modernisation-here.676854/#post-8156093

Last edited:
Is this cheating?

Rudyard Kiplings house, a famous UK story writer

original photo

vzPCiLa.jpg

Edited version

YaeON6A.jpg

Nikon D810 and nikon 70-200mm lens

The question is which do you prefer, and why?

Last edited:
I prefer the edited one, as people really bug me, and I would have done the same :) Nice image (y)

Paul
Thanks for your thoughts on the above. I posted these images on another site and some say leave the people in and others prefer the edited version. The difference is interesting.

Last edited:
Paul
Thanks for your thoughts on the above. I posted these images on another site and some say leave the people in and others prefer the edited version. The difference is interesting.

I prefer the cleaner edited version, people seem to get in the way...............unless you are shooting people in the first place.

Paul

I agree that there as two schools of thought in this situation. But for me, people are (can be) messy distractions. A DM says, unless there`s a crazy crowd of them snapping away or something, to make it a fun shot.

Back