weekly David's 52+2 for 2014 - SHAPE

Hi, Thats really good :clap: looks sharp enough for me and in its natural habitat a bonus, minor niggle top left corner easily cropped or cloned out

Hey mate, thanks alot! I spent 10 minutes trying to find a crop that I felt worked... all the other shots were perfectly framed with the grass but this was the sharpest. Typical. I could have a go at cloning it out I guess.

Will get back to you later...

If the bowling green wasn't absolutely sodden I would have laid down on it and took alot more shots... will see if I can find another one later on in the week to try again with as it's meant to be drying up I think.

Thanks Judi.

Lower and closer... the camera was resting on the grass and was about 1" away from him... :thinking:

Maybe if i had a proper macro lens i could have been closer, but for a little camera like the xf1 i was as close as it would focus. The whole of the shot was to include the grass along with the Snail.

Looks good David (y) as mentioned by Allan, I might have been tempted to clone out the top left corner :)

I think thats a great one David - really shows the tortuous path that little chaps going to have to take, over what would be easy terrain for us lot.

Regards the top left.... going to stick my neck out and say it won;t clone out (not well anyway), crop it to the top of the blades of grass would be my approach. (Or leave it as is) (y)

Hi David

Natural.... edited version is great....sharp focus , natural environment...what more could you need :clap:

Hi David

I love your Step shot...the pp suits it & though I know your going down the steps my eye's kinda think I'm looking up the steps....:clap:

Swirl....lovely lighting , perfect color tones , perfect focus & DOF , placement works for me knowing you're using it for a business card...:clap:

The edit certainly makes the image better. Well done for getting so low. I know a couple of blades of grass are a little in the way but unless you followed the subject around with a pair of scissors you couldn't do anything about it :p It also makes it fit the nature theme all the more better.

Plenty to love there David - esp the starburst on his shiny head. Super smooth background and slither of ground to stand him on. (y)

Who's going to be the first to say they'd rather he be on the right hand side then??? :naughty:

I always tend to compose on the left for some reason but apparently the right hand side is more used as it's the way your brain reads a picture... hmmm... knew I was different to all the rest. :LOL:

Thanks btw, the tamron 70-300 sp really does throw the BG's lovely.! :)

Hi, nice and bright and very sharp you have isolated him from the BG perfectly too

Nah, first one works a lot better David, great fun image (y)

Nah, first one works a lot better David

He's right you know.... It's essentially the same image as the first... but without the bold in your face stance, pose and crop, no starburst, he's nearly falling over and theres a bit of the ground missing on the right! :)

Not that spiderman is bad.. just that Captain America is great!

Back