Davids TP 52

Heya David.
It's certainly a fence and hits the theme.
Not sure if it's the best shot you could have got though. The fence itself has no real features, so I might have played with angles / the Daffs, maybe seen what light hit the fence at different times of the day to see what effects/scenes I could capture.

Book, good idea, bang on theme and well found.
Transport. Motorbike so must be a top shot!:D
Fence Good POV and Dof

Fence - I like the Angle its a shame there isn't more texture in the timber as that would add more depth to the image but it still works for the theme.

Nice lines, David. And a splash of colour against the stark fence, adds to it.

Another nice close up, David. But this time with a little background interest too.

Fence - I think I'd have been tempted to try and get the vertical lined up if possible, but I like the lines leading away. Something red reflected in it? I wonder what that was :)

Flora - that's a lovely flower and not one that I know. You've managed to get the exposure just right and maintain detail in the petals which must have been a challenge.

book - wow what a cob web! nicely captured, looks almost abstract!

transport - nice wheelie! And the rider seems to be looking towards the camera!

fence - interesting PoV, pity there isn't more texture in the fence

flora - great closeup, lots of detail (y)

A very Nice Flower photo David, Lots of detail in the white so well exposed. Background suits it also.
Our Magnolia has frost damage from over the last couple of night, also it is a purple one if that makes any difference.

Pete

Another nice close up, David. But this time with a little background interest too.
Fence - I think I'd have been tempted to try and get the vertical lined up if possible, but I like the lines leading away. Something red reflected in it? I wonder what that was :)

Flora - that's a lovely flower and not one that I know. You've managed to get the exposure just right and maintain detail in the petals which must have been a challenge.
Nice shot - you've managed to get some lovely texture in the whiteness.
book - wow what a cob web! nicely captured, looks almost abstract!

transport - nice wheelie! And the rider seems to be looking towards the camera!

fence - interesting PoV, pity there isn't more texture in the fence

flora - great closeup, lots of detail (y)
Nice flower shot the muted colours in the BG work particularly well
Lovely stellate magnolia - great spring blossom - my tree in the front garden is only just starting.
Your magnolia is well ahead of us up here in Scotland. It is a lovely flower.
Nicely captured.
On my screen (which is probably different to yours. so YMMV) I would want to push the white channel a bit to give it a bit more pop, but that could just be my screen.
You've done well to find a Magnolia flower that's not been blemished by wind or rain. Nice pic.
Flora
A good above looking down shot of the magnolia flower.
A very Nice Flower photo David, Lots of detail in the white so well exposed. Background suits it also.
Our Magnolia has frost damage from over the last couple of night, also it is a purple one if that makes any difference.

Pete

Thank you all for your lovely comments and critique, very much appreciated.

Certainly works for the theme, you've captured the detail nicely (glad I wasn't eating my breakfast when I saw this!)

You can still cut the mouldy bits off and eat it :)

Nice take on the theme David (y)
You forgot the link though ;)

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay with the extra photos and links I will get them sorted as soon as.

Cheers

• Snappers Choice - Capturing that sort of shot is nothing I've ever tried - you read about building triggers for it and that puts me off.
    Was this a special trigger, or the result of a huge number of attempts?
    That is a really cool shot though, worthy of printing and putting on the wall IMO (and maybe even selling).
  • Initial - Nice shot. I will say 'border patrol' though. The label does jump out and it would have been nice to have tucked it away (but then doggy may have moved, sooo.....)

That's a cracking watersplash, David.
Well captured

Hi David

I like the water splash shot and have half made Gareth's controller.

Re the Doggy shot, great focus on the eyes but I think the apparent depth of the photo looks wrong, unless he is a short nosed Goldie. What lens did you use?

Pete

Back