Daily Day 53/365 Look in - I dare you!

Very nice Ferj, so much more going on there than just a basic light trail.

Ver nice - excellent composition
(y)

Phew, just catching up. Time has been a problem over the past few days as we are looking at moving house! So much stress!
Anyhow, love the self portrait, the expression is pure photographer with the camera turned on them :) Orb is good. Like the fork tines, I've tried to do them, but never got it right, you have. I also love the cold football field as well and the light trails.
The cold field is probably my favourite over the past few days.
Thanks for taking the time to look through. I quite like the simplicity of the field too ;)

That works for me! The other bridge looks good!

Cheers Jake - took quite a bit of research to find somewhere I could shoot from and get the image I wanted!

excellent shot Ferj :)
:D

Fantastic!!:clap:
:D

That looks really good and the bridge over the road adds so much more....

Thanks Sam I wanted an extra dimension and think it works (y)

Very nice Ferj, so much more going on there than just a basic light trail.

Thanks Phil (y)

Having now had some sleep I can tell you that when I took the shot I was very tired, freezing and weirdly quite dizzy - it seemed quite high up! Morning rush hour is a good place to go and if you use google maps you can plan it all out ahead if you want to try it. didnt use any filters and just experimented with various shutter speeds. Thanks all for your comments, I am suddenly discovering a love for long exposure, shame the X10 has limit of 30secs I need a DSLR but darent ask the wife having sold the last one to pay for our car :crying:

Cracking on with day 38, here is a shot taken my new home made light painting tool. Nowhere near as swish as Matts but I liked this abstract and its an ok start!

038 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Thanks I think sometimes simple works but I have bigger plans for my light painting!

I like the simple as well - it's got depth to it which I like!

Jake, for someone who doesn't like Stella, you seem a little obsessed by it! :D

Todays shot was back inside and way to close to the end of the day for my liking! Anyhow I present my smoking crushed chilli! This is the image as taken in shot and I used no smoke or added effects in photoshop....

039 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Someone is very addicted lol!!!..... keep them coming i love them.... cool colour on this.. really well done(y)

Love your last 3 light painting Ferj, im going to have to try more.

Thanks for all comments :)

Both very good efforts IMO, it would be amazing to do the chilly one but maybe do the light painting of the smoke for real it shouldn't be to hard :thinking:

I know I could have done real smoke but it was an experiment with string and torch light, I couldn't resist!

I am trying to use my 365 to try new techniques and help keep my creativity moving forward. Hopefully this will help me further down the line to think away from/rely on normal methods.

When I started out in photography I very quickly got stuck in a rut of portraits and the like. Now I want experiment and create for fun. There's quite a few of my 365 that I may well revisit and try differently or to do better and appreciate you all taking the time to comment/critique!

38 and 40 I like very much indeed - must have a go at a bit of light painting soon - will probably be one of these days when I suddenly realise I've not done a POTD :D When I put the Christmas decs away, I did pack the lights separately - just in case ;)

38 and 40 I like very much indeed - must have a go at a bit of light painting soon - will probably be one of these days when I suddenly realise I've not done a POTD :D When I put the Christmas decs away, I did pack the lights separately - just in case ;)

You certainly give it a try!

Not to get carried away, todays shot was taken along the Leeds - Liverpool Canal but where I work its pretty gross to be honest so to eliminate the rubbish I went for panning type arty shot, then did a B&W conversion and split toned it!

041 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Nice! Some corkers in there Ferj! Love the light painting shots, they're very interesting.

Cheers guys ('n gals!) Out and about again today there was lots to shoot but this one caught my eye when running through the shots...

042 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Very nice compo and conversion - lot of mileage in a good barbed wire fence ;)

Day 43. I have been looking at these shells for a while and wanted to do a shot with them. Not sure if this works but I quite like it!

043 by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Thanks Jake, thats the kind of feel I was going for! Although not for my 365 I thought I would share this shot I took yesterday. Its of a house near a park (near my house) and it has always intrigued me. I'm not 100% with this one either and may have to revisit it at some point!

The Corner House by Ferj Photography, on Flickr

Like the shells & same as Jake, I think they look like they've been taken in a beach hut.
The house looks very interesting, but think it needs to be a bit lighter to get more detail in the stonework, but computer here has a bad screen, so will look again at home later.

Sea shells does have a very costal feel to it, and I'm in agreement, the house could be a touch brighter - nice place though.

I like the shells.

Agree the house shot maybe needs the shadows lifted a bit.

Barbed wire is ace... great close up!..... the seashells i really like too, agree they look like you've taken them in a hut!

House looks intriguing, it would be good to see it in various seasons.... especially fog.. rather creepy look i can imagine and then extremely pretty in the summer :D

I think the shells work very well, especially against the background.(y)

The house is very interesting and I think a revisit may offer more possibilities:)

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought that you'd done digital light painting to add the smoke, with clarification I think that it works well (y) could be a little more refined thought (y) some interesting photo's since I last called in, not sure about the shells but there is certainly a photo in there (y)

Back