DB5 52 for 2023 Week 52 Favourite

Great catch up, my favourites are the cat, where you have brought out the texture of the coat. And of course the Spit coming into land, a two seater cockpit and the markings threw me a bit though.

All great shots Keith, glad to see that you've caught up! :D

The Spitfire shot is really good, capturing a sense of speed and context. Difficult with an aeroplane.

Great shots, that's a lot to catch up one. I clicked here for the Connected image which I thought was well taken and a perfect idea. I love the cat and the spitfire image too, perfect shutterspeed for the propellors. Dandelion works well, I may have tried to tone down the greens in the background.

Week 20 Robust

Rail Bridge
by Keith Johnson, on Flickr

The Victorian Oxted Viaduct, built in 1881 and just undergone a10.5 million refurbishment, now complete after work started in summer 2020. Still a vital piece of the operational railway today.

good angle through the leaves Keith.
Looks very robust.
I just wonder if you could have pulled more detail out of the shadow area underneath.

good angle through the leaves Keith.
Looks very robust.
I just wonder if you could have pulled more detail out of the shadow area underneath.
Thank you for your comment, I will have a go at your suggestion.

Good choice for robust, amazing what the Victorians did, so much superb engineering still scattered across our country.

A robust structure surrounded by robust foliage. Good shot Keith.

Lovely green colour tone. It has a relaxing feel to it!

Spot on for the theme.

Week 22 Irregular

Irregular by Keith Johnson, on Flickr

St Marks Square Bromley Kent. Designed to regenerate after years of just concrete car parks in that area. This new build now has cinemas, restaurants and a hotel with residential apartments.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be a street photo without a traffic enforcement camera sign……

Good irregular building there. Nice viewpoint with the juxtaposition of the older housing in the foreground.

I'm feeling a little bit of a leaning to the right. Easily corrected though.

Nice, definitely and irregular architectural design.

Nicely composed to include the contrast with the litte square box houses in the foreground. It also gives a sense of scale.

Well taken and yes that building is irregular.
god juxtaposition with traditional regular buildings.

Looks like someone is doing some renos...good eye Keith.

Sounds works well. Love the size difference between the big and the small arms of the machines. Those vacuum excavators are pretty noisy.

The lake in comparison looks lovely and quiet and calm.

Good shot of the plane heading of into the blue sky. Nice clouds up in the corner.

Great shot with kitty in it.

" good garden shots for different reasons, but fitting the themes 100%

A great catch-up set Keith, I really like the shot of the cat looking out from the bag. It would have worked well for the windows theme too!

A few there for sure :D

That's an awful lot of windows and a nice angle on the city. Good moody sky too.

Back