DB5

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Week 1 My Area

My Space
by Keith Johnson, on Flickr

The start of my second year and looking forward to the weekly tasks! Today, with the weather blowing a gale, rain and hailstones mixed in for added effect, Im firmly planted indoors in 'My Area'

Reactions: Nod
Nice collection of boy toys Keith :)

Yes, thank you Dave, can't help myself.

Nice spot Keith. That sax looks like a serious bit of kit.

Nice spot Keith. That sax looks like a serious bit of kit.

Yamaha alto saxophone, it plays very nice. Bought it a few years ago and have never regretted it.

Nice cubby Hole Keith.
Is that the Airfix Saturn V, I made one of those well over 50 years ago.

Hi Pete, I remember the Airfix kits and built many in my time, but this Saturn V Rocket is Lego as is the space Shuttle.
Nice cubby Hole Keith.
Is that the Airfix Saturn V, I made one of those well over 50 years ago.

You got a really tidy desk compared to mine. Love all the man toys. Is that a Lego Saturn rocket? I built an Airfix one back in the 70s.
Yes Stan, quite a few Lego items, I am a big fan.

Very nice.. small area - but with a nice collection of things on show.

Interesting space Keith, I don't know what to look at first!

An interesting collection of objects you have there - and so tidy! Puts my personal space to shame..

A fellow saxophonist (I play a Yanagisawa tenor), and all sooo tidy; a far cry from my tip.

Week 2 Incomplete

The Grass Hopper
by Keith Johnson, on Flickr

This is the Grasshopper Inn in Moorhouse near Westerham in Kent. Building dates back to 1271 and was the hub of social life. Fast forward to the 20th century, I have had many a Christmas here with the family in the restaurant and Sunday Carvery's with the historical atmosphere, low beams and huge open fireplaces. Sadly, a change of ownership and unfortunate circumstances led to closure in 2019 and a period of falling into a state of 'Incomplete'. Good news now for this wonderful building, as it has recently been purchased and the future looks much brighter now.

A fellow saxophonist (I play a Yanagisawa tenor), and all sooo tidy; a far cry from my tip.
Music is something you can do by your self or in a band, great to relax. Never tried a Tenor but have thought about it.

Pleased to see it's going to get going again. Spent many happy evenings in there back in the day! Dad used to work at Redland Tiles.

What a fabulous building. So glad to see it's going to get refurbed. So much character.

Pleased to see it's going to get going again. Spent many happy evenings in there back in the day! Dad used to work at Redland Tiles.
What a fabulous building. So glad to see it's going to get refurbed. So much character.
What a coincidence that you know how lovely this place was! On site security now provides much needed protection.

Lovely blue sky, wonderful large building, shame about the rubbish in the foreground and the metal container but that is what sticks it for the theme.
Let's hope it gets back to it's true beauty soon.

That is a very large pub I can only imagine that the rent must be very high! Good shot for the theme!

That is such a beautiful building. Glad to hear it's on the comeback trail!

Area: Great shot. Interesting subject.

Incomplete: Beautiful building. Well taken. I hope its going to revert back to its status as a hostelry!

A lovely documentary type image into an area of your life. One for your family album. The outside of the building looks very interesting. Can only imagine what the inside would have looked like.

A lovely old building and hopefully a happy ending back story.

Week 3 Artificial

Fireplace by Keith Johnson, on Flickr

Everything artificial here, cats, light and the heat...feels like a warm picture though

Last edited:
Tis a lovely warm picture with pleasing expressions on the cats faces. Looks like it could have been a tricky exposure, Not to blow the light of the fire, but keep enough light elsewhere.

Nice shot Keith. It does look very warm and inviting.

It definitely has a warm glow. You've certainly covered all the artificial options in this one!

I feel warmer just looking at it :)

Transparent fit the theme, well exposed and I like the idea of spring around the corner!

That's good shot Keith, I like shooting through shop windows.

Back