DeBrito's PHOTO 52 2011

Hiya Paul,

I actually really like this. I've not done much HDR, but can appreciate taking a photograph and turning it into art ... which I think you have done very well here.

You have taken an image and turned it into a pencil drawing ... and I like that (y)

The colours are great and the whole image tells a story or abandonment and a place that is definitely in need of rescue. I especially like the bits of graffiti on the walls and would have like to have seen more of the right of the frame.

Personally I think you have done a great job here (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

It doesn't look like a photograph, so for that reason I'm out!

As an image though, it has a certain appeal to it, but don't ask me to explain what it is as I don't know :thinking:

As for the location, it does look like there is potential for some interesting shots.

Some real potential there. Looks like you've gone straight to 'Grunge' mode in Photomatix?

I'm a fan of HDR, subtle, but this aint subtle...:puke:

I'd like to see a subtle B&W conversion of the origional.

I'd also be tempted to get in close as the door looks a bit odd in a cenral location.

Cheers.

Hi Paul, I actually really like it! Could we see the original to compare? Which hdr software do you use?

hi paul... that seriously looks like its been drawn rather than taken as an image, then hand coloured with pencils....its good..but not my cuppa, probably because i can't find the time to try out HDR? maybe...

defo in need of rescuing..

thank you everyone for comments ,
posted original straight out of camera
also yes !your spot Andy on it was straight out of 'Grunge' in photomatix i will post a low key version but for now
26Jun2011_0123.jpg

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the first post .... the edits and low key version just spoil it for me! (sorry)

D :)

Opinions cannot survive if one has no chance to fight for them. Alain Rene Le Sage

Well all I can say is I have my opinion ... and that is what counts .... so I stick by that :razz:

recently back from a lovely holiday with the wife and children had a great time but im so behind with work still catching up (y)
a bit of a elaborate place to be playing cards
DSC09474.jpg

SC doesn't bother me, providing it's used right, which I don'tthink it is here.
Selecting the colour of the taxi places the emphasis on the taxi, which is not elaborate.

In addition, I'm not sure playing cards on the boot of a car is elaborate, it's certainly different.

Now as for the image, I think it would be great either all in colour or mono.
It's a great capture of a card game and tells a story.
Possibly a slightly higher angle would be better, one that shows more of the cards and being closer in.

really like the landscape version at spurn point, but then I am a total sucker for seascapes, my favourite pics and pastime;0)))

ha ha on promise, thats a fab pic, really gets the grey matter whirring, that bike is ancient, how brilliant, and what a powerful setting, love it!! The leaves on bottom right a bit distracting, but who cares, tis great

empty another great location, and an interesting angle

great drawing of the eye through the power pic, loving those crazy clouds!!!

I am not overkeen on too much HDR myself, but this really is a very personal thing, and lots love it, and I can see the attraction, so not a criticism, just pondering out loud!!!

a good thread, nice one!

thanks for your comments guys im still in catchup mode i will get round to posting, this is my daughter celebrating her law degree on Monday
DSC05981.jpg

Congratulations to your daughter.

The shot hits the theme as it's certainly something to celebrate, but I think it would benefit from a crop of th etop, down to the top of the 'a'

thanks yes i think you right ill try and post the crop as soon as i can
thanks again

DSC05981copy.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya Paul,

First of all congratulations to your daughter for attaining her Law Degree, I bet you are well proud of her. The photo is spot on theme and the cropped version is better. The image looks a tad grainy though.

Elaborate ... I'm sorry doesn't work for me, I think it is because I am trying to see what is elaborate about the image. I know you mention the card game but to me it looks like a T-shirt on the boot of the car.

Cheers

I'm gutted I am going to have to admitted it its beat me just can not get going again since returning from hols. I would like to thank everyone for there comments ans I will have ago next year thanks again

another graduate celebrating, good for her, and nice capture of a great moment, cropped one much better

I'm gutted I am going to have to admitted it its beat me just can not get going again since returning from hols. I would like to thank everyone for there comments ans I will have ago next year thanks again

Hiya Paul,

Oh no! I'm gutted to hear you are packing in, especially when you have doing such a great job. It would be great if you would reconsider ... especially when you have come so far.

Give it some thought .... and even if you have to take a break for a while and do a catch up later ... but please don't give up.

Cheers

You gotta do what you gotta do.

It would be easy to chuck up any old cack.

Either take a few weeks off or start again next year.

Any reason you lost your mojo?

Cheers.

Back